Our Age and How We View the World

earth-soil-creep-moon-lunar-surface-87009

“A man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty
has wasted thirty years of his life.”
Muhammad Ali

Truer words were never spoken.  If one’s view of the world is unchanged after 30 years of living, there’s a washout in understanding the wisdom, maturation, and learning expected during that span of time.

What one learns, gains, and applies while living during the 30 years, between ages 20 and 50 is substantial and has a significant impact on the future.

It might be wise to ask ourselves how our lives have changed in the last decade (depending on our age).  Have we grown?  Emotionally as well as psychologically?

Was there a turning point?  Was it significant and lasting?  Or was it fast and quickly forgotten? What was wasted?

What experiences were the most meaningful?  Would we have enforced change or made adjustments?  Most importantly, what did we learn?

patriciasplace in-other-words1

-Eugenia

CC93a

19 comments for “Our Age and How We View the World

1. 11/05/2015 at 10:41 pm

So much in my life has changed since I turned 30. I had 2 kids, got divorced and remarried, lost my grandparents, watched my mom die from cancer, changed jobs a few times, and moved. My perspective on life has changed so much. I have grown emotionally in ways I could have never imagined. Before I turn 50 I will see my son graduate from high school and join the Marines. Great post. It makes you think about the good and the bad.

2. 11/05/2015 at 11:48 pm

You have experienced a lot of changes. It’s amazing to see what others go through. It helps to know myself and others are not alone in what we endure.

3. 11/06/2015 at 12:40 am

Thank you for the post and the questions. Similar questions have been in mind since the past couple years. Many changes have happened in the past decade of my life, and I’d like to think I’ve grown, become more aware of myself, and learned a thing or two about life.

4. 11/06/2015 at 2:04 am

Lovely approach to the theme. I like to think we can come full circle and apply what we have learned to approach our youthful dreams from a new perspective and with a greater capacity to actualize them.

5. 11/06/2015 at 2:10 am

Nicely stated and I totally agree.

6. 11/06/2015 at 5:28 pm

Reblogged this on .

• 11/06/2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you for the reblog. By the way, I like the orange heading.

7. 11/06/2015 at 6:51 pm

Well..well said. The mutual flow – from n to life.

8. 11/09/2015 at 12:20 am

I concur with all of these thoughts and as I stated in my last post, the older I get, the more I realize how much I do not know! But I’m opening to learning.

9. 11/11/2015 at 12:36 am

I can’t imagine not changing in thirty years of living. Some changes in my life were mistakes, but I learned from them and there has been much happiness and goodness that followed. I am still changing and sometimes making mistakes. Happily they are not the whoppers of youth and I learn the lessons faster. Thank you for linking to In Other Words. Your questions are ones to ponder.

10. 11/11/2015 at 2:54 am

I totally agree! I am dumbfounded by people who show no sign of change, growth or development over the years. Stagnation ia a slow form of dying a little bit each day. Learning is exciting and regenerative! We aren’t really living if we are just coasting along.

• 11/11/2015 at 12:17 pm

Well said. Thank you for your comment.

11. 11/11/2015 at 10:04 pm

I’ve heard this quote before, agree with it, and love it as much as I do your take on it…great post!

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan