Our Age and How We View the World

earth-soil-creep-moon-lunar-surface-87009

“A man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty
has wasted thirty years of his life.”
Muhammad Ali

Truer words were never spoken.  If one’s view of the world is unchanged after 30 years of living, there’s a washout in understanding the wisdom, maturation, and learning expected during that span of time.

What one learns, gains, and applies while living during the 30 years, between ages 20 and 50 is substantial and has a significant impact on the future.

It might be wise to ask ourselves how our lives have changed in the last decade (depending on our age).  Have we grown?  Emotionally as well as psychologically?

Was there a turning point?  Was it significant and lasting?  Or was it fast and quickly forgotten? What was wasted?

What experiences were the most meaningful?  Would we have enforced change or made adjustments?  Most importantly, what did we learn?

patriciasplace in-other-words1

-Eugenia

CC93a

19 comments for “Our Age and How We View the World

1. 11/05/2015 at 10:41 pm

So much in my life has changed since I turned 30. I had 2 kids, got divorced and remarried, lost my grandparents, watched my mom die from cancer, changed jobs a few times, and moved. My perspective on life has changed so much. I have grown emotionally in ways I could have never imagined. Before I turn 50 I will see my son graduate from high school and join the Marines. Great post. It makes you think about the good and the bad.

2. 11/05/2015 at 11:48 pm

You have experienced a lot of changes. It’s amazing to see what others go through. It helps to know myself and others are not alone in what we endure.

3. 11/06/2015 at 12:40 am

Thank you for the post and the questions. Similar questions have been in mind since the past couple years. Many changes have happened in the past decade of my life, and I’d like to think I’ve grown, become more aware of myself, and learned a thing or two about life.

4. 11/06/2015 at 2:04 am

Lovely approach to the theme. I like to think we can come full circle and apply what we have learned to approach our youthful dreams from a new perspective and with a greater capacity to actualize them.

5. 11/06/2015 at 2:10 am

Nicely stated and I totally agree.

6. 11/06/2015 at 5:28 pm

Reblogged this on .

• 11/06/2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you for the reblog. By the way, I like the orange heading.

7. 11/06/2015 at 6:51 pm

Well..well said. The mutual flow – from n to life.

8. 11/09/2015 at 12:20 am

I concur with all of these thoughts and as I stated in my last post, the older I get, the more I realize how much I do not know! But I’m opening to learning.

9. 11/11/2015 at 12:36 am

I can’t imagine not changing in thirty years of living. Some changes in my life were mistakes, but I learned from them and there has been much happiness and goodness that followed. I am still changing and sometimes making mistakes. Happily they are not the whoppers of youth and I learn the lessons faster. Thank you for linking to In Other Words. Your questions are ones to ponder.

10. 11/11/2015 at 2:54 am

I totally agree! I am dumbfounded by people who show no sign of change, growth or development over the years. Stagnation ia a slow form of dying a little bit each day. Learning is exciting and regenerative! We aren’t really living if we are just coasting along.

• 11/11/2015 at 12:17 pm

Well said. Thank you for your comment.

11. 11/11/2015 at 10:04 pm

I’ve heard this quote before, agree with it, and love it as much as I do your take on it…great post!

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.