About Me

pexels-photo-641038

Hello Everyone!

Here’s just a little bit about me!

I was born and raised in Orlando, FL, where I lived for 32 years before moving to the South Florida area. I spent a few years in Ft. Lauderdale and then trekked across the state to Tampa, FL  I didn’t care for Tampa, because I’m an east coast gal, and I moved back to the South Florida area where I lived for 10 years.

After a life-changing event, which was only the beginning of several major changes in my life, I moved to Marlton, NJ. I stayed for 2 years and then returned to Florida, residing in Jacksonville, FL. From there I was relocated to Atlanta, GA by my employer.

I spent 40+ years in the corporate world and retired in 2012. My career industry was commercial insurance where I was an underwriter – yep, one of those people that analyze risks in order to place insurance coverage with an insurance company.

There was a time when I worked a couple of side jobs. One of my side gigs was modeling. While I lived in Orlando, FL, Disney World was being constructed, which created various opportunities in modeling and other forms of entertainment. The other gig was a fleeting activity as a cocktail waitress, which was fun but not my cup of tea. So, I remained in the insurance industry because it was my bread and butter, which carried me until I retired.

me

my modeling days

To make a very long story short, my last employer was repositioning themselves, which resulted in closing locations and transferring those employees willing to relocate. My family, which consists of my husband, Paul and our cat, Amanda moved to Atlanta, GA.

013

Amanda

Well, we found Georgia a delightful place to live and made it our permanent home. We love to trek to quaint little mountain towns, which are only an hour away from our cozy little abode. The drive is lovely, and we love to take in the scenery along the way. Eventually, we want to own a cabin in one of the several small towns we enjoy.

20161031_081722

20190316_193242_001

St. Patrick’s Day 2019, Boro Inn, Blue Ridge, GA

original_file_lock (1)

my hubby, Paul, in Blue, our 1964 Ford Galaxie

cropped-me38

me, July 2019

Come join me in my weekly word of the week challenge at the BrewNSpew Cafe

Good coffee is a way of life

and please visit my other blog ThusNSuch

darkness5

Franci Eugenia Hoffman enjoyed a career in the insurance industry for over 20 years. She was rewarded both professionally and personally due to results from taking responsibility and dedication to her work. Her fulfillment comes from the encouragement and promotion of others.

She began writing for her own entertainment in 2015. Currently, she runs two blogs-BrewNSpew  (Coffee-break Scuttlebutt) and ThusNSuch (poems, autumn and so it goes)

Franci is the author of two ebooks – Seasoned Delights – A Haiku Collection and Mama, me and Mother Nature.

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” Anais Nin

sign off 23

images – featured image – Pexels

other images – personal property

214 comments for “About Me

1. 12/29/2015 at 12:59 am

very nice intro, indeed

2. 12/29/2015 at 8:00 am

I noticed the missing about me page too when I mentioned your blog recently, so this is a nice addition to the site. Modeling eh, now that is unexpected!

• 12/29/2015 at 1:49 pm

Thank you. I am glad this was brought to my attention. I have not used pages and didn’t realize that my older About Me was set up as as a Page. So, I learned something through the process. The modeling was fun. I lived in Orlando, Fl, at the time, and got a lot of jobs including parts as an extra because of Disney World.

• 12/29/2015 at 10:30 pm

You’re kidding! Unknowingly we have been very close over the years. Orlando has been our favorite holiday destination since 1998, and I think we’ve been there some 10 times since then. And of course, visits always include Disney World!

• 12/30/2015 at 5:12 pm

Disney is a fun place for every age. It was fun growing up in Orlando. I moved from Orlando to Miami at 30 and moved around many times after that.

3. 12/29/2015 at 1:23 pm

Oh, ain’t the About Me page tricky? I don’t really have one either. Just some stuff in my Gravatar profile and vague plans to get myself on Facebook. Is it a generational thing? When I was a youngster, talking about yourself was The Worst Thing You Could Possibly Do.

4. 12/29/2015 at 1:37 pm

I really enjoyed this and enjoyed learning more about you. Thanks for sharing. I have a hard time sharing about myself. I never know what to share or if people even really want to know! This was nicely shared, my friend. Hug.

5. 12/29/2015 at 2:10 pm

I know my ‘about me’ page disappeared when rejigged the theme of my blog page. It seemed to take me a little while to figure out how to get it back.
    Enjoyed the insight of ‘about’ you – enjoy your next adventure.

• 12/29/2015 at 2:21 pm

Thank you. I learn something new about my fellows bloggers every day and love it. I also am learning more about WordPress and how things work. Sometimes challenging but always fun.

• 12/29/2015 at 2:22 pm

I totally agree with you there on all counts.

6. 12/29/2015 at 3:22 pm

So nice to get to know you better…and the popcorn was good too.

7. 12/29/2015 at 5:53 pm

I’m glad you put that up! It’s so cool that you were a model! 🙂

8. 12/29/2015 at 9:18 pm

I always read the About Me pages. I am glad you wrote yours, interesting with the surprise that you were a model. Don’t know why it should surprise me but it did. Now I have to look at my About Me page, it probably needs an update.

• 12/29/2015 at 10:14 pm

Thank you and I guess the modeling surprised a few. Of course, my avatar, etc. don’t reveal much about me. I try to avoid sharing too much, mainly to ward off trolls, etc. I have encountered a few on LinkedIn, which is supposed to be a business-oriented social network. Well, it is for the most part but there are always the few that you have to look out for.

• 12/29/2015 at 10:54 pm

I am the same, although I do at times post some pretty personal stuff. Only once did I have a problem and had to block someone.
        I have a post for Tuesday Chatter that I just published I don’t see a place to link this week. I just did a general link to your site.

• 12/30/2015 at 5:09 pm

I am still trying to make the red cup my link. Maybe I can figure it out today. Otherwise, I insert the link from the event page.

9. 12/30/2015 at 2:32 am

Nice to know more about you!! very interesting!

10. 01/01/2016 at 4:01 am

Great page.

11. 01/03/2016 at 6:18 pm

Its a great about page, so glad to learn a few more things about you 🙂

12. 01/04/2016 at 5:11 pm

This was a great way to warm up my day. The snows have arrived in RI!. It’s nice to learn more about someone you already like so much. Charley and I travel to Florida at least once a year. I’ll make sure you know the next time we are heading south. Stay warm!

• 01/04/2016 at 5:58 pm

So snow yet, here in Atlanta. But, at least it is colder – 30 degrees this morning. My best girlfriend lives in Miami – it is always warm there! I like changes of the seasons.

13. 01/04/2016 at 5:13 pm

Hello, Amanda! Love, Roxie

• 01/04/2016 at 5:54 pm

Hello, Roxie. I just awoke from my nap. I am going to check on my humans. Have a great day. Purrrrrr.

14. 01/04/2016 at 7:29 pm

Hey Sarca, mind if I ask you a question? A month ago I changed my my wordpress.com site over to a self hosted site. I transferred my wordpress followers over (you are one of course!) and I was wondering: do you still receive notifications from WordPress reader about my new blogs? I’m curious, as I saw you had followed my site again! I’m afraid transferring to wordpress.org meant that followers don’t get updates anymore! Thanks, Yvonne

• 01/04/2016 at 7:35 pm

Lol, sorry, I meant Amanpan of course 😦

• 01/04/2016 at 7:38 pm

Hey Yvonne. I was not getting your notifications until today. When I accessed your site through your email today, I got Oops, That page can not be found! I thought I was a subscriber but subscribed again just to be sure. Your comment to Sarca was in my site, however, I wanted to let you know I may be having the same issue.

• 01/04/2016 at 7:52 pm

Yeah, I’d asked her the same question. I only found out yesterday that even though you can easily move your followers to your new wordpress.org site, and the blogs do still appear in the Reader, people don’t get a notification anymore! Horrible…it would seem you have to subscribe through email to still get notifications. Sorry about the inconvenience…

15. 01/04/2016 at 8:01 pm

Wow, I am not sure I want to switch to .org, even though I have noticed a few since you switched. Perhaps, just something to get used to.

16. 01/04/2016 at 11:46 pm

Great Read! And I love how Amanda the cat gets her say! 🙂

17. 01/06/2016 at 2:17 pm

Great About Me page! There really is nothing better than coffee and a view of the mountains 🙂 I have enjoyed looking around your blog!

18. 01/11/2016 at 7:58 am

I like the theme and look of your blog 🙂 i suppose your blog should be on topics related to coffee. Is it ? 🙂

• 01/11/2016 at 3:10 pm

Thank you and yes, a lot of it is related to coffee. There are other topics, which I kind of like a mix of subjects. 😊😊😊

19. 01/16/2016 at 12:17 am

Funny. I thought Amanda, cat in the back porch, had the about me page as a snack with her coffee.

20. 01/16/2016 at 3:15 pm

You made me smile and got me scrolling down, curious to read more. Beautifully penned ‘About’ page. 🙂 There is so much to read here and I will have to come back for that. Cheers!

21. 01/19/2016 at 1:02 pm

Hello, I came upon your blog through Lynz Real Cooking and I’m so glad I did. Being that the weather in our neck of the woods is in the single digits, seeing the cozy fireplace on your post “What, No Coffee?” was comforting. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• 01/19/2016 at 2:03 pm

It is a whopping 19 degrees here so that cozy fireplace will come in handy today. I am glad you enjoyed the post.

• 01/19/2016 at 2:08 pm

I definitely enjoyed the post especially since I don’t have a fireplace but looking at the picture while sitting next to my portable heater made all the difference 😀 It was 7 degrees this morning and I’m hoping against hope that I can convince my little dog to use a puppy pad. She is so well house trained she absolutely refused to use it yesterday but we only stayed outside for a few minutes so it ended up being okay but right now I do not want to go outdoors.

• 01/19/2016 at 3:58 pm

It has warmed up to 26 degrees here. We live close to Atlanta. We live in an apartment, which has a fireplace. I love it and we use it quite frequently. I hope your little dog will start to use her puppy pad soon – too cold to go outside.

• 01/19/2016 at 4:04 pm

I’m just outside of Pittsburgh. Wow, I didn’t think it got that cold close to Atlanta. A fireplace in an apartment – Nice!!! If I had one I’d be camped out in front of it right now. Unfortunately my dog won today’s battle as well but we weren’t outside for more than 3 minutes tops. Even with the sun shining the air is bitter cold.

• 01/19/2016 at 4:14 pm

Atlanta gets it fair share of cold weather but this bitter cold is not that frequent. However, with the crazy weather we have been having, nothing surprises me.

• 01/19/2016 at 4:30 pm

True!

22. 01/20/2016 at 1:20 pm

Great page. And I also enjoy reading all the comments.

23. 01/23/2016 at 10:40 pm

Am so glad to find your page Amanpan….Loved reading your About and look forward to your posts…Have a great day

24. 01/30/2016 at 8:47 pm

I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award:

Please don’t feel you have to participate but I like to drop by and read your blog. 😉

25. 02/01/2016 at 8:40 am
  26. 02/02/2016 at 9:50 am

Firstly, nice legs! 😀😀

Secondly, this is the best About I think I’ve ever read!

27. 03/21/2016 at 3:41 am

Thank you so much for following me! I love, love, love your home page and your About Me page. Glad to follow your blog!

• 03/21/2016 at 1:50 pm

Thank you for your kind words. 💐

28. 04/02/2016 at 6:55 am

Heyyy loved your blog and hence nominating you for Liebster award 🙂 If you wish to accept it please check the link:https://amrutasomalwar1.wordpress.com/2016/04/02/liebster-award-2016

• 04/02/2016 at 2:05 pm

Thank you for your kind words and for thinking of me for the Liebster Award. I became award free awhile back and will pass on accepting the award. 😉

29. GeorgieMoon
    04/04/2016 at 7:41 am

You sound like a lovely lady, with a lovely blog. You like travel, and have a cat, just like me. I look forward to following your adventures. Have you ever been to Europe, or Greece?

• 04/04/2016 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for your lovely comment. I have never had the pleasure of going to Greece. I have been to London twice and loved every minute of it. 💐

30. 05/01/2016 at 6:01 pm

ooooooooooooh love the daist theme- so glad we have met. look forward to getting to know you 🙂

• 05/01/2016 at 6:04 pm

Hi, it’s nice to meet you too. Thanks for stopping by.😊

31. 05/01/2016 at 6:02 pm

daisy theme. Apologies I am exhausted . I have a wedding on the 22/06 -my own and loads of other stuff gets added to the list seemingly every hour.

• 05/02/2016 at 7:49 pm

You’re a busy lady. Good luck with everything.

32. 05/01/2016 at 10:45 pm

What a beautiful blog you have. Look forward to exploring more, getting to know you through our respective blogs and enjoying a virtual coffee together 🙂 Cheers and warmest wishes

33. 06/02/2016 at 4:25 pm

Truly enjoyable! Thank you for your hospitality. And you just gave me an idea I’d love you to help me try out, soon – us being cats&coffee lovers and all… I’ll be back with that asap. Until than, cheers!

34. 07/03/2016 at 2:57 pm

Volumes of thanks – yet again – to Jacqueline for putting your name and your blog out there. I’m delighted to meet you and can hardly wait to read more. I think we shall be fast friends. We hear that often in the blogosphere, but I don’t say it lightly. Reading your bio alone I see we have so many experiences in common! You’ve created and mastered a beautiful blog. Be proud!

• 07/03/2016 at 6:54 pm

Thank you. I look forward to spending time on you blog in order to get to know you better, as well.

35. 07/12/2016 at 11:31 am

Hey Eugenia, I’ve nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award. Check it out! kristinakoti.com/blogger-recognition-award/

• 07/12/2016 at 12:55 pm

Thank you so much for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award, however, my blog is an an Award Free blog. Thank you for your understanding and I appreciate your commenting.

• 07/12/2016 at 12:58 pm

You are welcome. I like your page very much. 🙂 I understand.

36. my valiant soul
    07/19/2016 at 3:51 pm

Hi there!To start off,thank yoy for liking my blog.So far I have enjoyed myself to the bits while reading your page.I hope you keep on doing this beautiful blog!

• 07/19/2016 at 5:44 pm

Thank you for your kind comments. I enjoy your blog, as well.

• my valiant soul
        07/19/2016 at 5:45 pm

That’s a huge compliment.Thanks!

37. The Millionaire's Digest
    07/22/2016 at 11:37 pm

Hey Old Sport, first of all, I just want to say thank you for helping me out on The Millionaire’s Digest.I may not know you very well and you may not know me very well either, but what I do know is this: Me and You make a powerful team, and you’ve got that hard strong work ethic like I do that not many people have. Now I just want to tell you that I’ve upgraded your account, so now you can do so much more on it. I also hope you feel like you’re actually an official owner/administrator of The Millionaire’s Digest And basically what I just did is I’ve given you the power to do pretty much anything and everything that I do. The only thing you can’t do is delete the website, lol, but I trust you enough that you wouldn’t do that.

Oh and speaking of deleting the website, I haven’t really told anyone this, but I’m not sure if I’m going to continue The Millionaire’s Digest. But I mean, I don’t know and not that it’s a bad thing or anything. I just don’t think it’s something for me anymore. So instead of deleting it, I think I’m going to turn it over to the first 10 people (which includes you) who listened to all my directions right straight from the beginning when I first started to allow people to join our team. But I don’t know. And lol, I’m not sick or high or anything. It’s just, I guess I’m not sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve upgraded your account so you don’t freak out the next time you come to write an article for it. Thank you again Old Sport for helping me.

Sincerely,

K&L

P.S. – I’ll make an advertisement and put it up on the front page so when people click on it, it’ll send them straight directly from my website to yours. Just give me like 15 minutes!

• 07/23/2016 at 3:00 am

Thank you for up grading my account. I am very pleased! Keep me in the loop when you make your decisions about The Millionaire’s Digest. I hope you stay involved – it is a great idea. And no worries, I would never delete it. Way too much work goes into yours and my site. Thanks for the heads up and take it easy.

• 07/25/2016 at 9:19 pm

I sent a message to your email.

38. 07/26/2016 at 3:41 am

loved your about me page….and I hope too that I always keep figuring out what I wanna be when I grow up so that life never comes to a stand still….how hopeful!….I loved it….hope to get to know you better …warm wishes coming your way..

• 07/26/2016 at 1:08 pm

Thank you. I guess that is part of growing up – figuring out what we want to be. Sending warm wishes your way as well.

39. 07/26/2016 at 4:21 pm

Hiya Eugenia,
    I’ve nominated you for the Sunshine Award – ta-daaa!
    I’ve chosen you for this prestigious award because you’ve interacted with my blog sometime in the last couple of hours – so you only have yourself to blame! 😀
    The direct link to your nomination is https://levishedated.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/sunshine-award/
    I hope you have fun with my questions. 🙂
    Kindness – Robert.

• 07/26/2016 at 7:35 pm

Thank you Robert and I appreciate the nomination for the Sunshine Award, however, mine is an award free blog. I hope you understand and great questions, BTW 😉

40. 08/01/2016 at 5:48 am

Hey, This was a great introduction. I loved the look and feel of your blog, and the coffee, well it made me feel energized, so as your quote says, you will be remembered as a lady with warmth and energy 🙂 BTW, I too wonder sometimes, where am I? So your About Me page really resonates with me. 🙂

• 08/01/2016 at 12:56 pm

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you like the appearance of my blog. I have fun creating it and changing themes, etc. I usually keep the colors the same as I find them warm and inviting, and they remind me of coffee! I get a lot of compliments on my About Me page, which I never expected. I posted a mini bio on beBee.com and so far I have 4000 views. I am shocked. Make it a great day!

41. 08/17/2016 at 7:25 pm

I enjoyed this “about me”. Nice to meet you. Glad you visited my page, and I’m happy to follow. 💘

42. The Millionaire's Digest
    08/19/2016 at 9:22 pm

Hey there Franci H., this is K&L and I have something I need to tell you that I haven’t really told anyone yet. (Except for the 5 most important people to me who are on my team.) I’ve been working on a private project and I’m getting ready to launch it for our website. It’s a magazine. Now my question to you is are you in or are you out? I mean if not, I completely understand which is okay! But if so, I’m going to need to know by midnight of August 21st. (2 more days). Also, you will be one of my 5 writers whom I have given the privilege to be on the front page. I’ll give you all the details as I have to write them all out for everyone, but the choice is yours Old Sport. Also, please email me your response as I may not get it here through WordPress. Thanks Old Sport!

Sincerely,
    K&L -Millionaire’s Digest Author, Publisher & Friend

• 08/20/2016 at 11:13 am

Yes, count me in K&L. I will also send you an email. Thank you for contacting me.

• 08/20/2016 at 11:32 am

Yes, I am interesting in writing for your magazine. You will probably receive duplicate emails from me via WordPress and from hoffmnpl@yahoo.com as I want to be sure you get my message.

• The Millionaire's Digest
        08/21/2016 at 1:11 am

Yes, I did get your reply! Thank you! I’ve also sent you all the details on almost everything along with something else I didn’t tell you, so hopefully you can do all the things I’ve set out for you! Thank you!

K&L

• 08/21/2016 at 10:11 am

Did you send the details to my email at hoffmnpl@yahoo.com? I don’t find where I have received anything from you other than this message.

• The Millionaire's Digest
        08/21/2016 at 12:58 pm

Yes, I did resend it to you. Thank you for telling me!

43. 09/05/2016 at 5:08 pm

HiThere!
    I found you via the recommendations!
    I had to follow you just for your blog name! I love it!

Enjoyed reading about you and looking forward to learning more!

44. 09/28/2016 at 11:23 am

Wow you’re a model! I love fashion and I’m glad to know you. Thank you for the follow. 🙂

• 09/28/2016 at 10:22 pm

Thank you for commenting. It’s nice meeting you as well.

45. 10/08/2016 at 9:42 pm

You have an amazing blog and I choose to nominate you for the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge. I would love for you to share the most influential quotes that have helped in shaping the way you see and live life, as well as what may have even been the driving force behind you creating your blog. For more details, you can visit my site at https://oaktownvibes.wordpress.com/2016/10/09/3-days-3-quotes-challenge-day-2/ . I hope that you will accept this challenge. Peace and love to you.

• 10/09/2016 at 12:25 pm

Thank you so much for your invitation. I am currently a bit overwhelmed since I fell on my left hand last Saturday. I wasn’t able to post my usual Tuesday Chatter last week and I am going to try and post it this week. Typing one handed slows me down considerably so unfortunately, I won’t be able to accept the challenge.

Thank you again for considering me for the challenge.

46. 10/10/2016 at 1:01 pm

I live in Florida and am excited to research and visit Blue Ridge. It looks so beautiful! ❤️❤️

• 10/10/2016 at 6:36 pm

Where do you live in Florida. I was born in Florida and lived there for years – in several different cities.

• 10/10/2016 at 6:42 pm

Jacksonville. I have lived here since 99. My husband is originally from St. Pete area.

• 10/10/2016 at 7:41 pm

We moved from Jacksonville to Atlanta in Oct. 2011. We owned a house, which we sold a year ago in Nov. It was rented it out until then. I hope you didn’t have any damage from the hurricane.

• 10/10/2016 at 7:52 pm

Oh wow. We were very lucky with the hurricane. We only lost power for an hour and no damage. We are near Orange Park. I am sure you have seen the news, St. Augustine and other places are pretty bad.

• 10/10/2016 at 8:04 pm

Yes, I watched it unfold. It was a terrible storm.

• 10/10/2016 at 8:18 pm

😞😞

47. 11/29/2016 at 5:22 pm

I am glad I found you – I am enjoying your blog!

48. 01/12/2017 at 10:13 pm

Hi, Eugena. Thank you for following my blog. Your blog is inspiring. 😍

• 01/13/2017 at 9:11 am

Thank you so much for your kind words.

49. 01/27/2017 at 5:51 am

Hey, I’m still growing up too! And have been retired 5.5 years – we travel, sleep in, like coffee, I blog.. so much in common! Thank you for the follow. I almost didn’t make it here as the WP provided link to your profile had no info in it – until I noticed this here link – so here I am 🙂

• 01/27/2017 at 11:25 am

We do have a lot in common and it good to get to know more about you. I set up a second site yesterday so the links may be not be working properly. I’ll check on them.

• 01/27/2017 at 3:58 pm

OH – OK. That’s a lot of work, setting up a new site.

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )