Spaceship Earth

233510-World-Turning

“There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth.
We are all crew.”
Marshall McLuhan

Those that do not contribute to preserving planet earth and/or those that are destroying our grand planet should have a one-way ticket to a black hole.

I don’t believe the human race understands what a beautiful ship we are blessed with. We should be working harmoniously together, as a team, to preserve Spaceship Earth and its resources.

As we sail through space, our provisions can become exposed and vulnerable due to wastefulness and carelessness. It’s time we batten down the hatches and prepare ourselves for what is ahead. One of our tasks as crew members is to contribute our fair share and protect our precious cargo. Is it not?

Unfortunately, our ship didn’t come with an instruction manual that we can reference when needed. There is not chapter upon chapter with what to do and what not to do. Those jobs are left up to us but are we up to the task? What are your thoughts on how we can improve?

Shouldn’t we be committed, as we travel together, to the preservation of our miraculous ship? This is one ride that should never be taken for granted; should never be underestimated, and recognized as the only one of its kind. What are your contributions to the preservation of Spaceship Earth?

Sure, we can enjoy the ride as a passenger but being part of the crew is much more rewarding and fulfilling. Each and every task is worth every minute that is spent on it. The results will be savored for as long as Spaceship Earth wants to adorn us with her continuing journey through the universe.

Are you a passenger or a crew member!?

This post is my participation in a weekly event held on Wednesday and sponsored by Patricia at http://patriciasplace.me/in-other-words/

in-other-words1

CC93a

Images: http://www.lovethispic.com

9 comments for “Spaceship Earth

1. 01/07/2016 at 7:04 pm

Hmm! Thoughts worth thinking about. How do we become crew members other than passengers?

2. 01/08/2016 at 3:30 pm

Great post…as a passenger I would have no responsibility, but as a crew member I have not only responsibilities but also a role to play in the future.

3. 01/09/2016 at 2:32 am

Thank you for linking to In Other Words. You have written words that need to be read!
    In answer to your question; I think I am a crew member in a mostly administrative assistant capacity. But I will scrub floors and wash dishes.

4. 01/10/2016 at 3:10 am

This was a great piece on the importance of working together to maintain our spaceship and our crew here. You said it so simply and the message was clear. Crew understand that they have some role, something to contribute to the ultimate success of the mission no matter how small, while passengers are content to sit back and go for the ride hoping to reap the benefits of those doing the work for them.

5. 10/06/2018 at 10:47 pm

The title of this post caught my attention. I most definitely am a crew member on this spaceship, Eugenia. If all of us decided to join the crew and do our bit, just imagine what our spaceship would be like !!! Thanks for the follow, fellow crew member 🙂

• 10/07/2018 at 9:22 am

I’m delighted you visited my post, especially an older one. Have a great remainder of the weekend.

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...