Any Reason to Drink Coffee

211193-Have-A-Lovely-Day

As I am sipping my coffee, laced with cinnamon and nutmeg, it is Sunday afternoon.  The football game is on and Paul and Amanda are watching the TV intently. Paul is excitedly giving a blow by blow description of the plays to Amanda.

Amanda, using her tail as a pillow, says “I am a cat and I don’t understand what all the hoopla is about.”  “And Paul, my dear human, it is my turn to lie on the heating pad!”

You know, these two are quite the pair – never ending amusement and cuteness. But, enough of their chatter for a while, and I believe they are overdue for a nap. Now that my chores are finished and the noise has died down, it is time for me, myself and me. Time to unleash the words mingling and muddling in the attic.

If I weren’t so fickle

I wouldn’t be in this pickle

I forgot my ABC’s

A clueless find

The feebleness of a suffering mind

An unsolved  crossword puzzle

Beautiful and bold

A story to behold

Ugly and sad

Images of evil and bad

Graffiti

Perfection in oration

not to lose sight of translation

Esperanto

Cheers!

C25

images (coffee): http://www.lovethispic.com/

14 comments for “Any Reason to Drink Coffee

1. 01/17/2016 at 9:55 pm

You drink coffee like my husband does, with the little additives. He likes to add a little piece of dark chocolate, too. This is a very creative little post. Nicely done.

• 01/17/2016 at 10:05 pm

Thank you and I love the idea about the dark chocolate!

2. 01/17/2016 at 9:57 pm

Very cute and creative. The coffee sounds yummy!

3. 01/17/2016 at 10:15 pm

So nice love this post!

4. 01/18/2016 at 1:24 am

What a creative way to write (and ofcourse drink coffee).

5. 01/18/2016 at 2:41 am

what a delightful post! enjoyed your pre-story at least as much as your contribution. thanks for sharing.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent

Candid Words on Life & Faith by Polly Mayforth Krause

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power...poetry...prose...peace...love listens & rises again

The Zombies Ate My Brains

Rescuing what might remain of the grey matter.

Kristina Boucher