Uniquely Yours

229495-Falling-Of-Snow

“Remember no one can make you feel inferior
without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

A droplet from the sky

crystal tears from my eyes

you say I am inferior

but clueless as to my interior

A droplet from the sky

becoming frozen as I fly

why can you not see

you know naught of me

A droplet from the sky

unsurpassed beauty meets the eye

truly one of a kind

another you will not find

A droplet from the sky

my existence, a natural high

my intricate exterior

delicate and far superior

Uniquely yours,

Snowflake

I am linking to Patricia’s Place  – In Other Words, A weekly Wednesday Event.

in-other-words1

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

27 comments for “Uniquely Yours

1. 01/20/2016 at 11:46 pm

hi, I don’t know how old you are but I am 53 and I am over at Bernadette’s place at her Wednesday Senior Salon. It is fun and you meet others and put your link up! If you have interest just thought of you! xx

• 01/21/2016 at 12:45 am

Oh, thank you so much. I will definitely join you. I am a spry and energetic 70 old and love to have fun. What is the link?

2. 01/20/2016 at 11:59 pm

This is a GREAT poem! I love it!

3. 01/21/2016 at 12:38 am

Beautiful.

4. 01/21/2016 at 1:26 am

Great poem. indeed!

5. 01/21/2016 at 9:54 am

I cannot believe you are 70!! Wow, I agree with Lynz you do sound like 40. As I’m writing this I’ve often wondered about the ages of some of the bloggers I follow and I find it interesting that unless this info is shared we can come to all sorts of conclusions but it doesn’t really matter because writing breaks through all barriers. The Eleanor Roosevelt quote is one of my favorites and I love the poem.

• 01/21/2016 at 2:02 pm

Thank you. I can not believe I am 70 either, so I don’t think, act or dress for my age. With that said, I don’t think, act or dress like a 20 year old either. lol

• 01/21/2016 at 2:13 pm

Hahaha I hear you. I’m only 55 and while I may not act it boy oh boy my body tells me otherwise by revolting against those things that I used to do. But no complaints here. 😀

• 01/21/2016 at 4:02 pm

My body does the same but I try to ignore it. I try to stay active and eat healthy, however, I slip every now and then. lol I think a lot of it is your genes.

• 01/21/2016 at 5:22 pm

I agree with you and have been quite fortunate because I don’t do all the things I should and I’ve fared pretty well. But still every now and again I get aches and pains in places I didn’t know existed.

6. 01/21/2016 at 1:44 pm

Hi, Thank you for posting at the Salon. Your poetry is incredible and a valuable contribution to the Salon. I look forward to reading more.

• 01/21/2016 at 1:56 pm

Thank you Bernadette. I am so glad Lynn at LynzRealCooking told me about your blog. Amanpan comes from my cat’s name Amanda Panda. My name is Franci and I am a retired 70 year old ditsy blond.

7. 01/21/2016 at 2:58 pm

Fab poem – I love these lines in particular: “why can you not see/you know naught of me”

8. 01/21/2016 at 9:35 pm

Wonderful! You have a way with words and tell a story beautifully with just a few. How often others are clueless to who we are seeing only what is visible to them. People are more than the outside of the package and what is inside definitely more interesting. Thanks for being a part of In Other Words!

9. Princessjm
    01/22/2016 at 6:08 pm

Beautiful poem 🙂 #InOtherWords #RamblingsOfAnOldSoul

10. 01/24/2016 at 9:19 am

Nice work, my friend.

• 01/24/2016 at 2:56 pm

Thank so much for your kind words.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A Frank Angle

Thoughts from the Inner Mind

The Flowers of Art

In the kingdom of life, with the strokes of the brush, the bow and the pen, artists have sowed their hearts to contrive, fields rivalling in beauty the Garden of Eden.

Scenic Writer's Shack

Words. Wares. Woomph.

unbelsorrisodallitalia.wordpress.com/

意大利旅居記事簿:來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To

Joy's Travel

Leben im Ausland (Life in abroad)

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

Elusive Mummers

who get lost between sighs and restless nights.

Truth Troubles

Why people hate the truths of the world.

Earthpages.org

The Real Alternative

Saved By Words

When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her. Adrienne Rich

Blog de companie

Words are dangerous tools. You need the User Manual.

The Rilke Project

Conversations With a Young Poet

Smile

Because You're Beautiful.. :)

Meraki Forever

Put All Of You❤Thats MERAKI

Insights from "Inside"

Sunshine on Razor Wire: perspectives from "inside"

Tabarka Rajab