Tuesday Chatter 15

163794-No-Coffee

Well, Valentine’s Day has come and gone. We spent the evening at our local pub with friends. We bought a bunch of Valentine’s Day heart shaped red balloons and passed them out to our friends and the staff. The pub looked very festive with red balloons tied to chairs and floating around the patrons. A good time was had by all! 💖💖 💘💞

It is icy and cold today and very gray outside. The day definitely has a wintry look and makes me want to sit by the fire while sipping a hot steaming cup of coffee. Not that I need a reason to enjoy my favorite past time – coffee by the fire.

Hey, did everyone enjoy Jacqueline Obyikocha’s Valentine Blog Bash? Wow! What a shindig!! Evvveryone was there and we had a fabulous time! Great people, great food, and a great party. Here is the link, in case you missed it. yes-party-link-live-love-thing-valentine-blog-bash-and-mingle-join-the-fun/. I love Jacqueline’s party idea and she is such a charming hostess.

My oh my, I am posting Tuesday Chatter 15! How time flies when I am having fun and I do enjoy putting this post together each week. It keeps me busy and lets me be creative; plus it is a good meeting place for my fellow bloggers. Which brings me to my featured blogger blabberwockying. Vibrant is such a delightful person with a warm personality and he radiates sincerity. Vibrant is also a very talented writer and I assure you that you will not be disappointed by his welcoming site. If I were you I would surely add his site to your list of excellent reading and amusement.

It’s President’s Day, here in the U.S., and there is an extra day in February this year and spring is coming! Whew, I got a lot out of the way in that sentence, didn’t I?

Here are some facts:

•  Washington’s Birthday, also known as Presidents’ Day, is a federal holiday held on the third Monday of February. The day honors presidents of the United States, including George Washington, the USA’s first president.

236440-Happy-Presidents-Day-Gif

• Leap days are needed to keep our calendar in alignment with the Earth’s revolutions around the Sun.It takes the Earth approximately 365.242189 days – or 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 45 seconds – to circle once around the Sun. This called a tropical year.Without an extra – or intercalary – day on February 29 nearly every four years, we would lose almost six hours every year. After only 100 years, our calendar would be off by approximately 24 days in relation to fixed seasonal days like the vernal equinox or winter solstice.
  • The first day of spring 2016 will begin on 20th of March 2016, Sunday at 4.31 hours according to UTC timings.

If you have any facts tidbits you want to share, you are welcome to use Tuesday Chatter. SHARE YOUR STUFF! Keep your fellow bloggers informed! 🌎✋💸 🕓 📮 🔒

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

If I were you

-Eugenia

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

Credits:  http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/washington-birthday

19 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 15

1. 02/16/2016 at 12:13 am

Thanks for that, I enjoyed your chatter this week, had a few smiles while I was reading it. Cheers!

• 02/16/2016 at 12:59 am

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it!

2. 02/16/2016 at 12:16 am

I do agree
    I will rather
    Be me
    Than you
    And drinking
    A few
    Cups of coffee 🙂

3. 02/16/2016 at 12:20 am

Your Valentine’s Day evening sounds a lot of fun! We had a lovely day with our daughter’s family: home-made raw chocolate treats (Recipes here: http://wp.me/p6UDky-Q1 ), home-grown daffodils, home-made heart decorations. Nothing I like more than having them all around the dinner table or chatting in front of the woodburner drinking tea – sorry, we’re British! – or watching a film together. This time it was The Great Escape for the nth time! No matter how many times I watch it, I still expect Steve McQueen to jump the fence on his motor-cycle! Enjoy your Tuesday Chatter – there’s a lot of chattering going on here too, but that’s our teeth chattering in the freezing temperatures 😂

• 02/16/2016 at 2:16 am

Your Valentine’s Day sounds like a wonderful time. I definitely am going to check out the recipe for the chocolate treats. I like tea as much as I like coffee and it is 34° and raining here so a cup of tea would be very nice about now.

• 02/16/2016 at 2:24 am

The rain has finally stopped for a couple of days here but our lawn is like a meadow after so many months of it. It is freezing cold but it’s lovely to see some sun and blue skies, the crocuses and daffodils are all in bloom, so lots of colour to brighten things up. ☺️💐

4. 02/16/2016 at 10:13 am

amanpan this is a beautiful and fun place..thrilled to be here. Wonderful. Its early in the morning but the day will be a hot one..the Caribbean is blistering hot right now!

5. 02/16/2016 at 2:19 pm

Now, that is a very good natter. Quite a bit you had to say and I love the smile you paint on my face. I enjoy coffee time with you Amanpan. It’s always entertaining. I really appreciate all your support in this space and how you encourage your fellow bloggers. It’s a beautiful thing being who you are. I am me, you are you and we are we 😉

6. 02/16/2016 at 3:29 pm

Lovely chatter and enjoyed the highlights!

7. 02/17/2016 at 3:57 am

We have had some very cold days here, too, but today was the best kind of winter day in the South.

8. 02/17/2016 at 6:15 am

This seems to be a pleasant arrangement, and it happened without or planning. So have a great day, You.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent

Candid Words on Life & Faith by Polly Mayforth Krause

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power...poetry...prose...peace...love listens & rises again

The Zombies Ate My Brains

Rescuing what might remain of the grey matter.

Kristina Boucher