A Struggle

14879-Teardrop

With darkness looming in my mind, my thoughts are spineless bits of shredded time. Such confusion and sadness don’t become me. Surely, these feelings can not overcome me. A long life behind me, but never so bleak. A long life ahead of me, happiness I shall seek.

Let the light from day spill into night; a slivered sun ray please come my way.

As the day begins to darken, is there a message I should harken? I must be cautious of my perspective; take a stand not to be reflective, and resign myself from my mind. My glass half full, my glass half empty, darkness cannot tempt me.

Let the light from night spill into day; a silvered moonbeam please come my way.

Again, sensing doom I am swallowed by gloom. I can only cry and with no reason to try. I must be bold, I am told! It is not wrong to be strong. I must bring light into my sights; making wrongs into rights.

Let the light from the day spill into the night; let the light from the night spill into the day.

You may laugh, but I will settle for half. The peacefulness of dusk or the loveliness of dawn; neither night nor day. Perhaps a little gray?  At last, we have met halfway, at least for today.

Whether a slivered sun ray or a silvered moonbeam; please come my way and make my day.  Please let it be, I need to be me.

Cheers!

-Eugenia

C25

image credits: http://www.lovethispic.com

photo-challenges/half-light/

discover-challenges/perspective/

27 comments for “A Struggle

1. 03/31/2016 at 1:24 am

That picture and your words are beautiful x

2. 03/31/2016 at 1:33 am

Wonderfully lyrical piece.

3. 03/31/2016 at 3:08 am

I like the imagery, it captures life with honesty and a softened reality.

4. 03/31/2016 at 12:14 pm

I like the tone and message of this piece that life is always a journey aways from the darkness and making a choice to seek light no matter how dim it may seem.

5. 03/31/2016 at 12:51 pm

Yes by seeing the light outside you learn to generate your own light inside.

6. 03/31/2016 at 1:46 pm

Very lovely and feelings we have all felt for sure! nicely arranged and put together as a poem and story of life!

7. 03/31/2016 at 3:20 pm

Moonbeam coming….. you called 🙂 !!!

8. 03/31/2016 at 4:39 pm

Very creative with your words….. thank you for being so real.

9. 03/31/2016 at 5:56 pm

I felt as if you are talking to me.

10. 03/31/2016 at 7:35 pm

Beautifully written and very well expressed. Thanks for sharing 🙂

11. 04/03/2016 at 10:36 am

The lyrical harmony in the entire post is an enaging treat for the reader! Beautifully expressed !
    Keep sharing and help youngsters like us to grow!
    Have a nice day ahead!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A Frank Angle

Thoughts from the Inner Mind

The Flowers of Art

In the kingdom of life, with the strokes of the brush, the bow and the pen, artists have sowed their hearts to contrive, fields rivalling in beauty the Garden of Eden.

Scenic Writer's Shack

Words. Wares. Woomph.

unbelsorrisodallitalia.wordpress.com/

意大利旅居記事簿:來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To

Joy's Travel

Leben im Ausland (Life in abroad)

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

Elusive Mummers

who get lost between sighs and restless nights.

Truth Troubles

Why people hate the truths of the world.

Earthpages.org

The Real Alternative

Saved By Words

When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her. Adrienne Rich

Blog de companie

Words are dangerous tools. You need the User Manual.

The Rilke Project

Conversations With a Young Poet

Smile

Because You're Beautiful.. :)

Meraki Forever

Put All Of You❤Thats MERAKI

Insights from "Inside"

Sunshine on Razor Wire: perspectives from "inside"

Tabarka Rajab