Get Out of First Gear

249266-if-something-doesn-t-work-shift-gears2

“Life is like a ten-speed bicycle.  Most of us have gears we never use.”
Charles M. Schulz

Seems in life it is essential, to gear our mind to full potential. Please lend an ear, this you may want to hear.

There is no boasting if you’re only coasting. Results may be adverse if you’re forever in reverse.  Best to move forward by pedaling toward, a favorable direction. The rut in the road, an act of deflection or an undesirable reflection?

You get out of bed, shake your head and you’re in first gear. What a great start, you’re thinking smart! Again, best you pedal toward a positive direction; are you with me? Have you switched to second gear? Oh, but you must! There’s still time to adjust.

C’mon, there’s no time for crying, you must keep trying. Do you want to be a wannabe throughout your life? No, the answer is not a new life. You can’t buy a new life like you would buy a new bike!

You must be resourceful and not remorseful; squelch your fear and cultivate cheer. Now, are you with me? I’m so proud of you that you heeded my cue coz this is all about you.

Get out of first gear!

-Eugenia

CC93a

Advertisements

26 comments for “Get Out of First Gear

1. 04/07/2016 at 7:47 pm

So cute and inspiring. And very Seuss-like too! Nicely done.

2. 04/07/2016 at 7:47 pm

I think I’m going to need a safety helmet…great post!

3. 04/07/2016 at 9:02 pm

It’s taken me a while to start liking Rap. This makes it even easier. I love it!

• 04/07/2016 at 9:54 pm

Thank you. I am not much a rap fan, but if you listen to the words – some of it makes sense.

4. 04/07/2016 at 10:48 pm

Wonderful, so very clever!

5. 04/07/2016 at 10:52 pm

Thank you! 🌻

6. 04/08/2016 at 12:27 am

Been driving in first gear for a bit… Think I’ll switch to 4th 🙂
    Great post. Good advice, Thank you!

7. 04/08/2016 at 1:40 am

Yes, I understand. I get stuck in first gear myself. Thank you for reading.

8. 04/08/2016 at 3:38 am

Love this! so much fun!

9. 04/08/2016 at 2:38 pm

I prefer automatic shift and not be conscious of my gears.

• 04/09/2016 at 3:33 pm

That is a great way to look at it!!

10. 04/08/2016 at 3:35 pm

Very clever and very true.

11. 04/08/2016 at 3:38 pm

Thank you!

12. 04/09/2016 at 3:49 am

A delightful post. So much fun to read.

13. 04/10/2016 at 11:34 pm

I enjoyed this. I think I may not have ten gears…I am not much for racing I like to sightsee. Always good to see you at In Other Words.

14. 04/11/2016 at 1:44 am

Thank you, Patricia. I appreciate your support in Tuesday Chatter, as well.

• 04/12/2016 at 4:05 am

I will be AWOL from the chatter until May. But I will be back!

• 04/12/2016 at 2:05 pm

No problem and thank you for letting me know so I won’t worry about you. 😐

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Steve`s Country

For a smile as wide as a country sunrise

words less spoken

Gen X’er chronicles the art form of living in the Angelino metropolitan environment through poetry, creative writing, art, photography, and culture.

tinytotspoetry

I AIM TO PLEASE THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART WITH POEMS DESIGNED FOR KIDS. READ ALONG WITH YOUR SMALL TOTS FOR FUN.. LET'S MAKE RHYMING FUN AND EXCITING!!!

Soccer Betting Tips Predictions

We provide free soccer predictions to grow your bankroll. Our purpose is to give you the best opportunity of profiting long term from soccer betting.

shakemyheadhollow

Conceptual spaces: politics, philosophy, art, literature, religion, cultural history

WINDOWSHOPPI

REFINE WHAT DEFINES YOU

The Poetry About Us

A Weekly Blog with Joey Blue

Meliorate

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.

Another LQQK

shift focus, see further, gaze deeper

Abandoned Amenities

POETRY, ASSORTED QUOTATIONS, ETC...

michael's blog

love, grace, mercy and His goodness; the reason for our life and existence

ThusNSuch

poems, autumn and so it goes

Norm.ally

A unisex fashion blog majorly on knitted apparels and fabrics, trend alerts, wardrobe "must-haves",styling and much more

The Sound Sniffer

Sniffing out the best new music

eastelmhurst.a.go.go

I have a hyperactive imagination.Welcome to my world. You can get here by way of Astoria Blvd.,Sunrise Hwy or Wyoming Avenue~

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

sparksfromacombustiblemind

EMBERS FROM SOMEONE DOGGEDLY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

Panache

Beyond the precincts of my imagination

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

19 poems

the poetry of mia wright