Tuesday Chatter 26

120111-steaming-cup-of-coffee-flowers

Hello my friends and welcome to Tuesday Chatter! Please step in and sit for a spell. I have coffee brewing so let’s get spewing. This is the place for thought-provoking chatter.

I can’t believe it is already May and what a beautiful start to the month!  Yes, mama and papa dove have been blessed with their adorable family. What a delight to host a family of doves from our back porch. Now it is a wait and see as to what happens next, with the hope the babies are safe from the elements and predators.

Tiny peeps so sweet

Ah the sounds of spring

Words of love my turtle dove

20160501_115440

You know,  May is such a beautiful month with mild temperatures, beautiful flowers, and lush green foliage. Here are some fun facts I want to share with you.

May is a month of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. May’s birthstone is the emerald, which serves as a symbol of love and success. The zodiac signs are Taurus, until May 20th and Gemini, May 21st and on. Late May typically marks the start of the summer vacation season in the U.S. and ends on Labor Day, first Monday of September.*

Thinking about May brings me to one of my featured bloggers, Bernadette aka haddonmusings . Her blog is a springing of the senses; so full of life and has so much going on, much like the month of May. It’s a treat to just get lost in this blog, and it is definitely worth the visit.

Hey, were you able to attend Jacqueline’s mix and mingle bash this past weekend? What a party with lots of goodies to eat and a very tempting bar.  Believe me, there was a great crowd with a lot of new faces. The hostess with the mostess knows how to throw a party. Here’s the link acookingpotandtwistedtales.com/2016/04/30/its-party-time-come-right-in  Be sure not to miss Jackie’s next party.

I know you will love my next featured blogger. This blog is chock full of imagination and creativity. I happen to love blogs with a lot going on, and this is a great example. Bekkie just oozes with talent and, to her credit, is a publisher on LinkedIn. You must check out her blog at capriciouspoet

Here’s another bit of information that is relevant to our baby doves. Today, May 2nd is baby day.  Now your baby doesn’t have to be a newborn.  Perhaps your baby is a spouse; girlfriend or boyfriend; your children; or your pet; or all of the above!  Give them a hug today and every day.

Get out from underneath that rug

And don’t be so smug

Give someone a hug

By the way, it is getting close to my gift month, which is June. I don’t celebrate birthdays anymore because I don’t want to get any older, however, I will accept getting wiser. 😉 So, I give gifts to myself for the entire month. 🎁🎁🎁 Great idea, don’t you agree? I started early this year and purchased a new laptop. I love it! It is an upgrade from my old laptop and has a much larger screen. What an impressive difference in all functions, which makes me pleased with my decision.

And to further celebrate gift month, we will take a road trip to either Helen or Blue Ridge, Ga. We have such fun traveling to and fro, finding great places for coffee; and spending quality time in these quaint little cities. I look forward to our little getaways. Are we there yet!

helen

helen2

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May

Revised 5/26/16

24 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 26

1. 05/02/2016 at 7:43 pm

I love getting out of under the rug and enjoy warm hugs. Your picture already makes both places look inviting especially in this lovely weather. Thanks for the lovely shout out my dear. I enjoy your coffee chats 🙂

• 05/02/2016 at 7:46 pm

Thank you. It was a great bash. I made some new friends.

2. 05/02/2016 at 7:47 pm

How precious that you have baby doves, I hope they thrive. Talking of baby birds, my blog recommendation is https://pleasantpeasantcuisine.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/persistent-wrens/ You will like this post. It is usually a cookery blog, with great photos and recipes that use fresh ingredients, are often improvised and frequently use unusual combinations. I invite your bloggers to take a look at mine too, a juicily wry view of the world with lots of recipes for smoothies, raw chocolate treats, advice on juicing and some posts on creativity, inspiration and environment: https://pearsnotparsnipsdotcom.wordpress.com We are still hunkering down in front of the woodburner while the weather still plays icy gales, heavy rain, hail, sleet, snow on repeat! Rumour has it the sun will emerge from its hibernation on Wednesday, fingers crossed! 😎

• 05/03/2016 at 1:25 am

Oh no! You still are at the mercy of bad weather! I am going over to your post now. Thank you for sharing.

• 05/03/2016 at 1:45 am

I added your 2nd link and your comment to the Comments in Tuesday Chatter 26 so it will be seen.

• 05/03/2016 at 9:53 am

Thanks, I always have difficulty figuring out how to get to where I need to comment! 😄

• 05/03/2016 at 3:36 pm

The way you added your comments worked perfectly.

3. 05/02/2016 at 7:49 pm

Yup, great idea!

4. 05/03/2016 at 12:56 am

Amanpan I am privileged to be born on 14th June and I love celebrating 🙂
    We must be sisters, destined to meet in the Bloggers world…so I will brew a cuppa and spew this tale…
    We meet, we greet
    We share, we treat
    Each other near, but far away
    Who knows how the world will roll
    But you and me
    We sure struck gold
    Wonder what else life will unfold!

• 05/03/2016 at 1:21 am

Thank you so much for your comment and your poem. Your sincerity means so much to me. It is truly a pleasure knowing you. My birthday is June 17, so yes, we are both Geminis. No wonder we click! 💐

5. 05/03/2016 at 1:43 am

I invite your bloggers to take a look at mine too, a juicily wry view of the world with lots of recipes for smoothies, raw chocolate treats, advice on juicing and some posts on creativity, inspiration and environment: https://pearsnotparsnips.com/

6. 05/03/2016 at 3:17 pm

Thank you so much for mentioning my poetry. What a nice surprise!

I love spring and also the month of May. It just happens to be my birthday on the 11th and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

You have baby doves how cool is that? Love to see a picture of them.

I also have another blog called Bike With Bekkie. I ride my bicycle every other day on the Bay Trail situated on the San Francisco Bay. It’s not only beautiful with state parks all along it, but the birds and animals I see are numerous. I carry a camera and take pictures that I post on that blog. Riding my bike keeps me healthy and happy.

I want to thank you again for talking about my blog. It’s not easy to get people to read poetry these days there are so many good poets out there with blogs now. I actually write at a lot more places than LinkedIn as I love to write. When not writing other things I like to write flash fiction too.

Big hug! Bekkie

7. 05/04/2016 at 2:13 am

How sweet to see the little doves. I have been watching the birds around here. They are very busy collecting pine straw and twigs. We have a couple of Towhees that are nesting under some shrubs. I hope they will be okay…they are just the other side of where feral cats congregate.

• 05/05/2016 at 9:23 pm

Our spring has been a real treat because of the doves. Mama and Papa dove seem to be taking good care of the babies as they are in and out of the nest. We think we saw flapping of little wings today!

• 05/05/2016 at 11:17 pm

My father raised parakeets. It was such fun and amazing to watch them change from featherless lumps to their first fuzz then their flying feathers.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent

Candid Words on Life & Faith by Polly Mayforth Krause

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power...poetry...prose...peace...love listens & rises again

The Zombies Ate My Brains

Rescuing what might remain of the grey matter.

Kristina Boucher