It’s Nice to Meet You!

139277-Swans-On-Lake.JPG

“Everyone you ever meet knows something that you don’t”
Bill Nye

It’s nice to meet you!

What do you know?

I know where to go

Where is that?

It’s where it’s at

Oh, I didn’t know

That’s why we met

in-other-words1

Join the challenge at Patricias Place

CC93a

13 comments for “It’s Nice to Meet You!

1. 05/03/2016 at 10:56 pm

I agree with Mr. Nye. It may not be a big important or amazing thing but everyone has a different lens to look through and different experiences than I do. I met a man while waiting for the bus and learned that he grew up in the same county I did but what he knows about that place is very different than what I know. It was fun talking with him and hearing his story so different from mine. I like the poem. It’s good to know where it’s at even if you’re not sure what it is. 😉 Thanks for sharing with In Other Words.

• 05/04/2016 at 12:17 am

We learn something from everyone we meet – that’s what makes the world go around.

2. 05/04/2016 at 1:26 am

I loved the sentiment conveyed in your verse, a kind of tongue in cheek response to the quotation! Maybe we could safely say that there is something to learn from everyone IF we are open to learning. Some people prefer to be closed books with tightly squeezed shut eyes!

• 05/04/2016 at 1:33 am

Excellent comment and yes, IF we are open to learning is key. Thank you!

3. thesmilingpilgrim
    05/04/2016 at 4:04 am

I love this quote. I think if we could manage to step out of our bubble we’d be advancing so fast and be able to experience so much incredible mysteries and adventures!

One of the bad points if we treat our own perceptions as an almost godlike perspective on issues. Has only created bipartasian ship and massive bigotry/prejudice for most of the subjects.

4. 05/04/2016 at 10:39 am

I think it goes back to the thinking that even the most casual conversation comes to you for a reason. So, therefore, pay very careful attention to every encounter in life.

5. 05/04/2016 at 4:04 pm

Love the quote

6. 05/04/2016 at 6:23 pm

Oh my, I just read an article that had this same quote from Bill Nye 🙂

7. 05/11/2016 at 5:01 am

I love the idea that we can learn something from everyone…if we are open to listening. Thanks.

• 05/11/2016 at 1:35 pm

Yes, I agree and it seems listening is becoming a lost art.

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.