I Look in the Mirror

104113-Eye-Of-Color

“So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls,
why don’t somebody wake up to the beauty of old women?”
Harriet Beecher Stowe

Harriet Beecher Stowe, 1811 to 1896, also authored Uncle Tom’s Cabin.  A lovely quote that seems to be from another era than when it was written.

I look in the mirror and what do I see? Young and beautiful, yes that’s me. Lovely words were spoken, beautiful songs were sung. about me.

I look in the mirror and what do I see? Old and beautiful, yes that’s me. Lovely words said beautiful songs were sung, about me…

But where are the words? Where are the songs, where can they be? Can’t you see, I am still me?

Wake up you fools, you critical old fools. Look in my mirror and what do you see? Young or old, I’m beautiful you see. Lovely words were spoken, beautiful songs were sung, about me. Yes, about me! Yes, that’s me, you’ll see.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, please heed my beckoning call. Old and beautiful, yes that’s me. But, am I still the fairest of them all?

-Eugenia

in-other-words1

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

15 comments for “I Look in the Mirror

1. 05/06/2016 at 1:20 am

I love your words here. So beautiful.

2. 05/06/2016 at 2:42 am

We are beautiful but now it takes some wisdom to see beyond the surface to see it and celebrate it. I am always surprised when I look in the mirror and see the image is very different from the one in my mind. Your post is one that needs to be read and it’s wise words taken to heart. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

3. 05/06/2016 at 10:59 am

What a special quote and an lovely piece of poetry to accompany and the quote and expound upon its truth.

4. 05/06/2016 at 2:36 pm

The world has trained its eyes to see surface beauty, failing to realize that a person may age but doesn’t become less beautiful. The ramifications simply changed and that”s a lovely quote.

5. 05/06/2016 at 2:44 pm

Thank you and it’s inner beauty that’s more important. 🌺

6. 05/08/2016 at 5:34 pm

So amazing love this!!!!

7. 05/10/2016 at 2:56 am

This was wonderful! You’ve got it just right! ❤

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A Frank Angle

Thoughts from the Inner Mind

The Flowers of Art

In the kingdom of life, with the strokes of the brush, the bow and the pen, artists have sowed their hearts to contrive, fields rivalling in beauty the Garden of Eden.

Scenic Writer's Shack

Words. Wares. Woomph.

unbelsorrisodallitalia.wordpress.com/

意大利旅居記事簿:來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To

Joy's Travel

Leben im Ausland (Life in abroad)

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

Elusive Mummers

who get lost between sighs and restless nights.

Truth Troubles

Why people hate the truths of the world.

Earthpages.org

The Real Alternative

Saved By Words

When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her. Adrienne Rich

Blog de companie

Words are dangerous tools. You need the User Manual.

The Rilke Project

Conversations With a Young Poet

Smile

Because You're Beautiful.. :)

Meraki Forever

Put All Of You❤Thats MERAKI

Insights from "Inside"

Sunshine on Razor Wire: perspectives from "inside"

Tabarka Rajab