Tuesday Chatter Weekly

pexels-photo-343425

I have a plethora of new useless and useful information to share. I honestly don’t know where to begin. It’s time to brew another a pot of coffee because I can use a hefty jolt of pizzazz.  Sprinkling a tad of cocoa on top will add even more of a kick. Hmmm, I love the combination of coffee and chocolate – delectable!

coffee14

Let’s begin with the doves. A couple of Tuesday Chatters ago, I wrote a post about the nesting doves in a hanging plant on our back porch. Mom and pop dove were blessed with two babies, which my post included a photo of the babies soon after they were born.

Well, the lovey-dovey parents and the 2 little ones have taken over our back porch. It’s quite a treat to watch them learn to fly and grow up right before our eyes. However, they have taken over our table by using it as a touch and go landing strip; and our chairs are used as a playground. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and even happy hour belong to the doves. Pretty soon there will be family gatherings and parties! It is obvious they feel right at home.

Oops, did I say that!? Silly me, because now there are doves nesting in another one of our hanging plants!! I guess the word is out that our porch is the “in” place to breed and raise your family.  Perhaps, because it has all of the necessary amenities and it is a gated community. My concerns are how long will this last!?

20170813_184345

I met several new bloggers while taking the WordPress Fundamentals course, which was well worth my time. Plus, I find there is a lot of talent yet to be discovered in our blogging world.

Let’s start with tonyburgess1969. He hails from Chattanooga and calls himself “T-Bird”. He has a nice easy going blog, which has a crisp and organized feel to it. His posts are well written and hold your interest. He has mastered The Twenty Sixteen theme, which is very flattering to his blog. Stop in say hello to T-Bird.

And on to my next featured blogger spartaninbadgerland. Chris has a very personable style of writing. His ramblings, as he references his posts, are down to earth and well written. Chris’s blog is fairly new so pay him a visit and show your support.

There are several bloggers, including myself, that enjoy promoting our fellow bloggers and each other. Challenges and events are numerous offering interviews, guest posts, coffee chats, blogging parties, and much more; some of which are on a recurring daily, weekly and monthly basis. An example is my own Tuesday Chatter, a recurring weekly event.

In addition, WordPress offers countless ways to inspire bloggers to write, share and support each other. We all should take advantage of these opportunities because they can significantly increase our exposure. Plus, look at the great people we meet!

Can you believe summer is approaching? What are your plans? Perhaps, a short getaway or a long relaxing vacation is in the works? As for me, my husband and I are planning a road trip in June to celebrate my birthday. I love to take trips, whether long or short. There is so much yet to discover and enjoy.

helen

Picturesque, Helen, GA

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter

CC94b

image credits: http://www.lovethispic.com/

Pexels

Post navigation

27 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/16/2016 at 9:28 pm

I love hearing about the doves! Wow your place is the place to be!

2. 05/17/2016 at 12:21 am

Change is good. Like the new changes to your blog.

3. 05/17/2016 at 1:26 am

I had pigeons nesting on my balcony. They would not go away. There was always someone in the nest. Drove the cats crazy but seemed not to have any effect on the pigeons. I finally had to sweep away the nest and put moth balls around to discourage new nesters. Took a while but they are no longer nesting although, they do visit.

• 05/17/2016 at 1:28 am

Thanks for the tip. We may have to use your advice.

4. 05/17/2016 at 6:24 am

Wow, there’s a lot going on in this post, with some very helpful links, so I’m sure I’ll be doing some clicking. Thank you for the info. As for your mystery photo, the Star Wars-fan side of me is pushing me to say it’s an image of Darth Vader’s helmet. Should I seek therapy? Please advise. 😉

• 05/17/2016 at 1:24 pm

😁 Great comment and I am glad you find my post interesting. Um, Darth Vader’s helmet – NOT! No therapy needed for you as you have a great sense of humor.

5. 05/17/2016 at 11:24 am

Fun follow up on the doves. I tapped on the link but nothing happened. Don’t know what I am doing wrong.

6. 05/17/2016 at 4:52 pm

(Y)

7. 05/17/2016 at 8:46 pm

Enjoy your Tuesday Chatter Post! Thought I would try posting my own, here’s my link https://dacheet8hman.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/tuesday-chatter-why-red/ Also, I tried the ‘click me’ link under the red cup and took me back to top the page … is it suppose to do that.

• 05/17/2016 at 9:06 pm

Thank you for leaving your link. I seem to be having issues with the red cup so I am working on how to resolve.

• 05/18/2016 at 2:33 am

Thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter. Cute post.

8. 05/18/2016 at 2:35 am

Those doves know the right place to be. I registered with Bebee’s but I’ve been so caught up with other stuff that I haven’t had time to complete the process. I like the new look.

9. 05/18/2016 at 2:48 am

Thank you. I think is a fresher look. I can still play with the colors and headers, etc. I am so glad you joined beBee. Let me know when we can connect.

10. 05/22/2016 at 2:37 am

Roxie is crazy about your dove family. I think she is seeing them as potential snacks! I will definitely check out the newer bloggers. Thanks, Eugenia

• 05/22/2016 at 3:13 pm

You know, that’s cute about Roxie because most cats would see the doves as potential snacks, however, not our cat. She has absolutely no interest in the doves.

11. 06/03/2018 at 7:13 pm

Eugenia… Firstly… thank you for sharing your doves, i can see them having a lot of fun with you! Then of course I do need to do that wordpress fundamentals course, can you direct me. Finally, thank you for being such an inspiration! 🙂

• 06/04/2018 at 9:02 am

Hi, it’s so good to hear from you! How are you doing? You know it’s interesting that you commented on this post, written in 2016 because we have shared our balcony with several new families of doves since then. In fact, there is a pair nesting in one of our potted plants now.

Here is the link to WordPress fundamentals and if you need any help, let me know. I took several of their courses and I have also learned a lot by tinkering around with my own blogs. I’m surprised they survived some of my mess ups. 🙂 https://learn.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your lovely comment and you can private email me at – 1icnarf2@gmail.com.

😘

rivrvlogr

Looking ahead, without looking back (too often)

One Writer's Way

Historical/Paranormal/YA Fantasy Romance. Gardening with a focus on herbs, heirloom plants, and country life.

WordPress Tavern

WordPress News — Free as in Beer.

Elizabeth Moura

Poetry, commentary, and photos.

Little Black "domicile"! -online interior design

Creating The Perfect "LBD" For Every Home!

ladyphoenix2016

Diamond in the making

Salted Caramel

A light-hearted look at life

Fashion Explora

All about fashion

Heartstring Eulogies

Conjured by Sarah Doughty

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!