Tuesday Chatter 28

80727-Gold-And-Purple-Flower

I have a lot of new useless and useful information to share. I honestly don’t know where to begin. I feel the need to brew another a pot of coffee as I can use a hefty jolt of pizzazz.  Sprinkling a tad of cocoa on top will add even more of a kick. Hmmm, I love the combination of coffee and chocolate – delectable!

coffee14

Let’s begin with the doves. A couple of Tuesday Chatters ago, I shared my post about the nesting doves in a hanging plant on our back porch. Mom and pop dove were blessed with two babies, which my post included a photo of the babies soon after they were born.

Well, the lovey-dovey parents and the 2 little ones have taken over our back porch. It’s quite a treat to watch them learn to fly and grow up right before our eyes. HOWEVER, they have taken over our table by using it as a touch and go landing strip; and our chairs are used as a playground. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and even happy hour belong to the doves. Pretty soon there will be family gatherings and parties! It is obvious they feel right at home.

Oops, did I say that!? Silly me, because now there are doves nesting in another one of our hanging plants!! I guess the word is out that the Hoffman porch is the “in” place to breed and raise your family.  Perhaps, because it has all of the necessary amenities and it is a gated community. My concerns are how long will this last!?

So enough about the doves. as I want to move on to my first featured blogger. I met several new bloggers while taking the WordPress Fundamentals course, which was well worth my time. Plus, I find there is a lot of talent yet to be discovered in our blogging world.

Let’s start with tonyburgess1969. He hails from Chattanooga and calls himself “T-Bird”. He has a nice easy going blog, which has a crisp and organized feel to it. His posts are well written and hold your interest. He has mastered The Twenty Sixteen theme, which is very flattering to his blog. Stop in say hello to T-Bird.

In fact, I found his theme so fascinating that I decided to take the plunge by changing my theme. The features included in the Twenty Sixteen theme enable me to easily add to, change and improve the appearance of my blog. Another change I implemented is using my middle name, Eugenia, as my username. I feel this adds a more personal touch.  Amanpan will remain the name of my domain, for the time being. I love changes because I can make little tweaks, here and there, refresh and add new life to my blog.

beBee.com is still my main squeeze for social networking. It’s truly refreshing on a personal level and a professional level. I am steadily involved in producing honey, which is considered publishing on beBee. Their theme is bees and buzzes which produce inspiring and fun ideas for bloggers, writers, and publishers. It is endless entertainment and very enjoyable. There is now a direct link on my blog to my beBee profile. It is under the heading beBee Affinity on the left side. Check it out!

g+-01

beBee1 logo

And on to my next featured blogger spartaninbadgerland. Chris has a very personable style of writing. His ramblings, as he references his posts, are down to earth and well written. Chris’s blog is fairly new so pay him a visit and show your support.

I recently added more to my plate regarding blogging. I am now a Millionaires Digest Staff Member contributing to https://millionairesdigest.wordpress.com. I have written my first post, which is getting its fair amount of attention. I am enjoying this a lot because now I have even more reason to write.  Here’s the link to my post.

There are several bloggers, including myself, that enjoy promoting our fellow bloggers and each other. Challenges and events are numerous offering interviews, guest posts, coffee chats, blogging parties, and much more; some of which are on a recurring daily, weekly and monthly basis. An example is my own Tuesday Chatter, a recurring weekly event.

In addition, WordPress offers countless ways to inspire bloggers to write, share and support each other. We all should take advantage of these offers because they can significantly increase our exposure. Plus, look at the great people we meet!

Can you believe summer is already approaching? What are your plans? Perhaps, a short getaway or a long relaxing vacation is in the works? As for me, my husband and I are planning a road trip in June to celebrate my birthday. I love to plan trips, whether long or short. There is so much yet to discover and enjoy.

helen

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Oh, one last thing – what is this?

1. A footprint of a dinosaur20160506_134108
  2. A footprint of big foot’s cousin
  3. A spooky glove print
  4. A footprint of big bird’s uncle

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

image credits: http://www.lovethispic.com/image/6875/hot-coffee

Post navigation

25 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 28

1. 05/16/2016 at 9:28 pm

I love hearing about the doves! Wow your place is the place to be!

2. 05/17/2016 at 12:21 am

Change is good. Like the new changes to your blog.

3. 05/17/2016 at 1:26 am

I had pigeons nesting on my balcony. They would not go away. There was always someone in the nest. Drove the cats crazy but seemed not to have any effect on the pigeons. I finally had to sweep away the nest and put moth balls around to discourage new nesters. Took a while but they are no longer nesting although, they do visit.

• 05/17/2016 at 1:28 am

Thanks for the tip. We may have to use your advice.

4. 05/17/2016 at 6:24 am

Wow, there’s a lot going on in this post, with some very helpful links, so I’m sure I’ll be doing some clicking. Thank you for the info. As for your mystery photo, the Star Wars-fan side of me is pushing me to say it’s an image of Darth Vader’s helmet. Should I seek therapy? Please advise. 😉

• 05/17/2016 at 1:24 pm

😁 Great comment and I am glad you find my post interesting. Um, Darth Vader’s helmet – NOT! No therapy needed for you as you have a great sense of humor.

5. 05/17/2016 at 11:24 am

Fun follow up on the doves. I tapped on the link but nothing happened. Don’t know what I am doing wrong.

6. 05/17/2016 at 4:52 pm

(Y)

7. 05/17/2016 at 8:46 pm

Enjoy your Tuesday Chatter Post! Thought I would try posting my own, here’s my link https://dacheet8hman.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/tuesday-chatter-why-red/ Also, I tried the ‘click me’ link under the red cup and took me back to top the page … is it suppose to do that.

• 05/17/2016 at 9:06 pm

Thank you for leaving your link. I seem to be having issues with the red cup so I am working on how to resolve.

• 05/18/2016 at 2:33 am

Thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter. Cute post.

8. 05/18/2016 at 2:35 am

Those doves know the right place to be. I registered with Bebee’s but I’ve been so caught up with other stuff that I haven’t had time to complete the process. I like the new look.

9. 05/18/2016 at 2:48 am

Thank you. I think is a fresher look. I can still play with the colors and headers, etc. I am so glad you joined beBee. Let me know when we can connect.

10. 05/22/2016 at 2:37 am

Roxie is crazy about your dove family. I think she is seeing them as potential snacks! I will definitely check out the newer bloggers. Thanks, Eugenia

• 05/22/2016 at 3:13 pm

You know, that’s cute about Roxie because most cats would see the doves as potential snacks, however, not our cat. She has absolutely no interest in the doves.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent

Candid Words on Life & Faith by Polly Mayforth Krause

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power...poetry...prose...peace...love listens & rises again

The Zombies Ate My Brains

Rescuing what might remain of the grey matter.

Kristina Boucher