Tuesday Chatter Weekly

18697-Purple-Australian-Hibiscus

Wasn’t it just yesterday

We were waiting for May

It’s dwindling you know

with not much left to show

Chirping birds and buzzing bees

impatiently await summer’s warm breeze

They have claimed their haven among the trees

no longer naked and bereft of their leaves

Let’s not despair that May will be gone

soon we can delight in summer’s sweet song

A succession of melodies sets the tune

As we warmly welcome the month of June

-Eugenia

Hi, everyone! I don’t mean to jump the gun but May is soon to be history. And with the end of May drawing near, there’s some partying going on. First, we have our lovely Jacqueline Obyikocha hosting her monthly blog bash Saturday/Sunday – May 28th and 29th. Here is the link with party details: httpsacookingpotandtwistedtales.com/2016/05/22/blog-summery-mingle-will-you-join-us  Anyone and everyone will be there so be sure to add the bash dates to your calendar.

The other bash is on beBee, Affinity. For those of you that are not familiar with beBee.com, it is a welcoming multilingual site; combining personal and professional interests. And for those of us that like to write, beBee offers a publishing platform.  It is free to sign in so join the fun and become a bee. The link to the beBee “This is beBee’ After Dark’s Summer Blockbuster Party – Sun May 29 at 9 PM Eastern time is: https://www.bebee.com/producer/@alan-geller/relight-your-fire-at-next-week-s-this-is-bebee-after-dark-s-summer-blockbuster-party-sunday-may-29th-at-9-pm-eastern-time There will definitely be dancing in the streets at this bash.

This week I am introducing a very interesting blogger, True George. He is a government bureaucrat for the City of New York; Retired National Guardsman and Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom II; Trained in Mental Health Counseling and Psychology; wordsmith and master of all trades. His posts are well written and as interesting as he is. Be sure to check out his blog at  https://truegeorge.com/.

If you have a yen for food and love animals, you will truly enjoy my next featured blogger,  Suzanne. She states: “If you love to cook and love food the possibilities are endless”. Take a moment and visit Suzanne at apuginthekitchen.

For my Canadian friends, the Monday before May 25th is Victoria Day! This day is celebrated in honor of the birthdays of both Queen Victoria and the current monarch of Canada.There is a more detailed explanation about Victoria Day via website: http://gocanada.about.com/od/eventsandfestivals/a/victoria_day.htm. So to our Canadian friends that live where the Victoria Day is mandated, enjoy your holiday.

121833574

Louise Heusinkveld/Photolibrary/Getty Images

Moving on to some cuteness, what do turtles use to communicate? A shellphone!  Aw, c’mon it’s a cute joke. Besides, today is Turtle Day, May 23, 2016. Why not take a turtle to lunch or give one a hug.  Our turtles deserve our protecting them and helping them thrive.

186870-African-Helmeted-Turtle-s-Face

African Helmeted Turtle’s Face

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

image credits:  http://www.lovethispic.com/image/18697/purple-australian-hibiscus

17 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/23/2016 at 7:48 pm

Awe the turtle joke was cute, as is the picture of the little turtle. Happy Turtle Day!! 🙂

2. 05/23/2016 at 8:11 pm

You are so kind Eugenia thank you for the shout out. Much appreciated!!

3. 05/24/2016 at 2:06 am

Thank you. I loved the pic of the turtle as it looks like it is smiling.

4. 05/24/2016 at 12:57 pm

Such a wonderful post from beginning to end! Xx

5. 05/24/2016 at 4:03 pm

What a cute joke, ha,ha. I’ll try this on my children. We are actually thinking alike. I was just dwelling on a post about May running away so fast, that I’m racing after it. Thank you for the shout out my lovely one 🙂 I’ll check out the pug in the chicken. I already follow George.

6. 05/24/2016 at 6:28 pm

The danger of frost finally passed and we got our planting done this past weekend! Here’s my post about it! https://myfrugalfarmstead.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/planting-weekend-in-review/
    And I was nominated for the Leibster award, so if you’re interested in learning a few random facts about me, click forward to the next post after you read this one.

• 05/24/2016 at 6:30 pm

Congratulations on the Leibster award and thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter. I am on my way to your post.

7. 05/25/2016 at 11:07 pm

I came by way of Bernadette to say hi. I enjoyed your poem, and your right May blinked it’s beady eye and rushed away on a breeze.

• 05/26/2016 at 1:35 pm

This is a great idea – linking with each other. 😊

8. 05/26/2016 at 11:04 am

A post full of information and humor. I will have to tell my grandson that shell phone joke. Thank for posting at the Salon today.

• 05/26/2016 at 1:30 pm

Thank you. I thought the joke was cute and innocent and couldn’t resist sharing it. I love the salon.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Purplerays

spiritual enlightenment and self improvement

issiaksonhudson

thoughts on thoughts.

Coffee fuels my photography!

...photography, food and musings of our travels

Musings

Walking, Poetry, Yoga

Invisible Illness

Depression, Anxiety, Mental illness, antidepressants

Creating Memories...

It's the little moments that make life big.

Fitful, Fearful, Phantasmal

Original Writing Inspired by Poe, King, and Twilight Zone, namely Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Nonfiction, and Poetry

dVerse

Poets Pub

EDC Writing - Believing Sight Unseen

His & Her words - internet liaisons / Their Days - Sam & Erin's story // EDC Shorts: six words - lines - poetry

Scenic Writer's Shack

Better Than Iron Man 2

Eclectic Alli

A bit of this, a bit of that, the meandering thoughts of a dreamer.

optimisticlifeat30

The essence of Poetry

Volare

Let's fly way up to the sky

Daffniblog

This is the only time I feel alive

lenandini