Can We Change Everything We See?

1366224825_sunglass_reflection

“Not everything that is faced can be changed,
but nothing can be changed until faced.”
James Baldwin

We can’t change the color of the sky

Don’t know why

We can’t change the color of the sun

Don’t know why

We can’t change the color of the moon

Don’t know why

We can’t change everything we see

Don’t know why

But it’s how we perceive

what we see, and

It’s what we perceive

how we see?

If we believe what we perceive

and perceive what we believe, then

Can we change everything we see?

in-other-words1

In Other Words, a weekly event using a quote or the author as inspiration to write at patricias place

CC93a

Advertisements

24 comments for “Can We Change Everything We See?

1. 06/09/2016 at 7:46 pm

We change ourselves first
    And try to perceive
    If we can see the change
    But if we are changed already
    Then can we perceive
    The changed reality
    Now my head is turning
    Did I perceive
    Or did I change
    Can I now
    Go back to
    The old me?

2. 06/09/2016 at 10:23 pm

What a mind-bender of a poem this week! Thanks for sharing it at In Other Words.

3. 06/10/2016 at 1:55 am

Yes, I had fun with it. Thank you for the great quote!

4. 06/10/2016 at 2:41 pm

What a quote and your poem sends me down the path of logical thinking 🙂

• 06/11/2016 at 12:13 am

Yes, the quote in itself is challenging. I had fun with it.

5. 06/10/2016 at 5:47 pm

I enjoyed your whimsical poem and quote. Found you through the Kindness Challenge. Have a great weekend and keep up the good work! http://www.dianeweidenbenner.com

• 06/11/2016 at 3:07 pm

I love your blog and it it nice meeting you.

6. 06/10/2016 at 6:32 pm

Very nice and very thoughtful! Love it

7. 06/10/2016 at 8:02 pm

This was another way of saying that you can be imagine a glass half full or half empty and go from there.

8. 06/11/2016 at 9:48 am

So true.
    Perception matters 🙂

9. 06/11/2016 at 9:23 pm

Brilliant wisdom.. enjoying your honey! You’re beautiful!

10. 06/11/2016 at 11:45 pm

Thank you for such a lovely comment. It’s a good feeling to see your gorgeous smile.

11. 06/12/2016 at 3:37 pm

First of all, I love your theme and that cup of coffee 🙂 At least, I perceive it as a cup of coffee and I want to believe 🙂 I also love this poem! While we may not always be able to change what we perceive, I believe that we can change how we perceive something. It all depends, of course, on what we perceive and whether we believe 🙂

• 06/12/2016 at 3:54 pm

Thank you. Yes, I love coffee so I tie it into my blog and many of my posts. I love your theme as well. Very creative and colorful.

• 06/12/2016 at 4:03 pm

Thank you. I love the background color. It reminds me of a very creamy cup of coffee. Your background color also reminds me of coffee 🙂 I guess you could say that I have coffee on the brain 🙂 When I dropped by and saw the cup, it was love at first sight 🙂

12. 06/12/2016 at 6:15 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love your observations because it shows my theme is reflective of my ideas. I always have coffee on the brain, as well.

13. 06/14/2016 at 2:59 pm

I loved your poem and found the information on June birthdays fascinating. I never knew there were three birthstones in the month of June. If I don’t talk to you again Happy Birthday!! ❤

• 06/14/2016 at 5:32 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes and I am glad you enjoyed the poem. I did not know about the moonstone. Such a beautiful stone.

14. 07/08/2016 at 2:00 pm

thanks soo much to follow my blogging too

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Steve`s Country

For a smile as wide as a country sunrise

words less spoken

Gen X’er chronicles the art form of living in the Angelino metropolitan environment through poetry, creative writing, art, photography, and culture.

tinytotspoetry

I AIM TO PLEASE THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART WITH POEMS DESIGNED FOR KIDS. READ ALONG WITH YOUR SMALL TOTS FOR FUN.. LET'S MAKE RHYMING FUN AND EXCITING!!!

Soccer Betting Tips Predictions

We provide free soccer predictions to grow your bankroll. Our purpose is to give you the best opportunity of profiting long term from soccer betting.

shakemyheadhollow

Conceptual spaces: politics, philosophy, art, literature, religion, cultural history

WINDOWSHOPPI

REFINE WHAT DEFINES YOU

The Poetry About Us

A Weekly Blog with Joey Blue

Meliorate

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.

Another LQQK

shift focus, see further, gaze deeper

Abandoned Amenities

POETRY, ASSORTED QUOTATIONS, ETC...

michael's blog

love, grace, mercy and His goodness; the reason for our life and existence

ThusNSuch

poems, autumn and so it goes

Norm.ally

A unisex fashion blog majorly on knitted apparels and fabrics, trend alerts, wardrobe "must-haves",styling and much more

The Sound Sniffer

Sniffing out the best new music

eastelmhurst.a.go.go

I have a hyperactive imagination.Welcome to my world. You can get here by way of Astoria Blvd.,Sunrise Hwy or Wyoming Avenue~

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

sparksfromacombustiblemind

EMBERS FROM SOMEONE DOGGEDLY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

Panache

Beyond the precincts of my imagination

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

19 poems

the poetry of mia wright