We’re on Life’s High

177723-Cloud-Tree

“The best mind-altering drug is truth.”
Lily Tomlin

Our mind is like a sieve

What we retain

can only remain,

whether accidentally

or incidentally,

as long as we live.

As time draws nigh

and we’re on life’s high

let’s inhale the truths

and exhale the lies

-Eugenia

in-other-words1

In Other Words, a weekly event using a quote or the author as inspiration to write patriciasplace

A mini info about the author of the quote, Lily Tomlin-

Mary Jean “Lily” Tomlin (born September 1, 1939) is an American actress, comedian, writer, singer, and producer. Tomlin began her career as a stand-up comedian and performing Off-Broadway during the 1960s. Her breakout role was performing as a cast member on the variety show Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In from 1970 until 1973. She currently stars on the Netflix series Grace and Frankie as Frankie Bergstein. Her performance as Frankie garnered her a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 2015.

Cheers!

C25

21 comments for “We’re on Life’s High

1. 06/22/2016 at 11:09 pm

I love your poem, Eugenia. Insightful and well written.😊I love the idea of inhaling the truth and exhaling the lies.😊 With that I’m going to take a deep breath. 😊

2. 06/23/2016 at 1:16 am

I’ll inhale some beer to be very clear
    It won’t make me high
    and its what I can buy
    No trash to retain
    Keeping mentally sane
    My mind is always free
    when not thinking of money!

hahaha…Thanks Eugenia for your influence!

3. 06/23/2016 at 12:53 pm

I love this one Franci! Exhale the lies–wonderful! The picture goes so well with this poem!

4. 06/23/2016 at 1:07 pm

5. 06/23/2016 at 2:15 pm

How perfect. Seems like we are talking a lot about Truth these days. Is it because we are hearing so little of it? Makes one wonder.

6. 06/23/2016 at 2:48 pm

I hear what you’re saying. I don’t believe much of what I hear anymore.

7. 06/23/2016 at 5:28 pm

I love Lily Tomalin – used to watch Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In every week, loved her in The West Wing, too. We don’t get her latest comedy here, which is a shame. It looks fun from the excerpts I’ve seen. We are in the middle of Brexit polling today. Too many lies propounded and so much division. I hope we can become one nation again soon.

8. 06/23/2016 at 5:55 pm

I remember her from Rowan & Martin. She is so funny. I hope the polling works out to be what’s best for you. Thank you for commenting.

9. 06/23/2016 at 10:41 pm

Love the poem! Yes, let’s inhale the truth and live it and exhale the lies and let them die. We would all feel better for it. Thanks for sharing this at In Other Words.

• 06/23/2016 at 11:05 pm

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it.

10. 06/23/2016 at 10:53 pm

If we exhale the lies, where do they end up?

• 06/23/2016 at 11:06 pm

Great comment! Hopefully they just die or come back and kick the persons arse that told the lie.

11. 06/27/2016 at 5:06 pm

What a liberating quote and true too. Nothing sets us as free as the truth.

12. 06/27/2016 at 7:29 pm

Thank you, Jacqueline.

13. 06/27/2016 at 11:40 pm
  14. 07/01/2016 at 7:02 am

Lily is one of my all time faves! Happy to know a fellow fan! XOXOX

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent

Candid Words on Life & Faith by Polly Mayforth Krause

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power...poetry...prose...peace...love listens & rises again

The Zombies Ate My Brains

Rescuing what might remain of the grey matter.

Kristina Boucher