Tuesday Chatter Weekly

If we were having coffee, I find there is nothing more thought-provoking than useful and useless chatter. This is one of those chats so please join me, and let’s discuss how many steps we can take today and make sure they are all in the right direction.

There’s a limit to how many steps you’ll be able to take today. Make sure they’re all in the right direction. – Jeff Sheehan

As the Honey Drizzles

Just too irresistible to not include this trivia since it relates to bees. My favorite beBee.com is all about bees and hives, as that is their theme. “Don’t Step On a Bee Day” (Sunday, July 10th) is a worthy reminder of the importance of the common bee. It’s vital that we take care to maintain bee populations, pollination, and honey production. This also is applicable within beBee for the same reasons.  The steps we take today will affect our future, let’s be sure they are in the right direction and be kind to one another along the way.

Many Moons Ago

Yes, cars played a big part during my teenage years, especially when I was in high school.  We would spend hours cleaning and waxing our cars just to look cool as we cruised through the most popular streets, and in and out of the most popular places in town. Hey! Look at me now! Our radio was set to our favorite station and of course, loud enough for all to hear. Not too loud though because we didn’t want to muffle the purring of a finely tuned engine. Sally Sue was a hot number then, all dressed in red…to be continued.

Breezy summer days

Cherished memories galore

Kindred souls embrace

Travel Much?  “Never cease to explore and tell” The blog reflects upon lovely stories and breathtaking photos. From my point of view, this blog is a real treat and well worth the stop by.  The excerpt below is an example of the cleverness of our writer.

Have you ever said to yourself, stop making excuses why you can’t – because you know damn well that you can?

And, what about today, July 11, 2016?

Today is International Town Criers Day In olden times, when few people were literate, and there was little access to printed media, town criers were a central part of urban living. Town criers were responsible for keeping the populace up to date with the latest news and events, and for disseminating news from the ruling classes to the wider populace.*

Can you imagine if town criers were our only source of news today!? I believe the job of town crier would be a secure position yet challenging. They would be busy, don’t you agree?  And the joke of the day: “I’ve just been organizing my local village fete. Booking that town crier was a good shout.”

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter.

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week everyone!

19 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 07/11/2016 at 3:58 pm

The bees are loving my gardens right now… everything is starting to flower! http://wp.me/p7rbGe-15x
    I’m not really a car person. I really got into NASCAR a few years ago, so I’m gradually understanding more of the technical aspects. However, I don’t mind going to car shows and looking at classic cars. My husband’s dream car is a Chevy Chevelle. I told him maybe in a decade… after we get the mortgage paid off!

• 07/11/2016 at 5:01 pm

I am finding quite a few car lovers since I have introduced Sally Sue. My husband is a real car fan, as well. NASCAR and all types of races. We are planning to take the 64 Impala to car shows. It’s primo. Thank you for your comment.

2. 07/11/2016 at 4:13 pm

I like the joke that you shared and the Jeff Sheehan quote you included. It’s a nice reminder, and as I start my day today, this is a great motivational statement for me 🙂
    On another note, I definitely agree that it is important to show some more love to our bees, especially because they are very important to our own survival and also because I want honey to stay in our world for a long time~ 😛

• 07/12/2016 at 12:04 am

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment.

• 07/12/2016 at 5:25 am

You’re welcome! It was a pleasure to read your post 🙂

3. 07/11/2016 at 9:56 pm

The Sheehan quote is new to me, but it’s resounding truth. Don’t get me started on the health benefits of raw, local honey. Lovely post, Eugenia.

• 07/11/2016 at 11:05 pm

I thought the quote was quite interesting. You know how some quotes are relevant to something in your life, yet you may not know the reason. IMO, honey and apple cider vinegar are so beneficial for our health. Thank you for commenting.

4. 07/12/2016 at 11:57 am

That many moons ago sounds like it’s about to take a delightful turn…please continue

5. 07/12/2016 at 5:09 pm

I’ve seen many classic cars in the West on our roadtrip , where rust is not a heavy factor.Town. The term Town criers could be taken literally today with all the bad news reported.

• 07/12/2016 at 10:27 pm

Yes, can you imagine being a town crier today! It’s scary. Thank you for commenting.

6. 07/12/2016 at 11:46 pm

Those memories! can’t wait to hear more Franci! x

• 07/12/2016 at 11:51 pm

Thank you Lynn. I am having fun with this. 😉

7. 07/13/2016 at 1:26 am

Great quote. Wouldn’t want to be a town crier today. People might just kill the messenger if they didn’t like the news. Looking forward to wherever Sally Sue is driving to.

• 07/13/2016 at 1:44 am

Yes, I agree that being a town crier would be pretty scary. Sally Sue is at the beauty car parlor getting a little maintenance. She will out and around soon.

8. 07/13/2016 at 4:24 pm

That’s a badd whip! You have imagination, Queen Bee.

• 07/13/2016 at 5:47 pm

Hey, thanks for the comment! Make it a great day!