If we were having coffee, I find there is nothing more thought-provoking than useful and useless chatter. This is one of those chats. Welcome to BrewNSpew and Tuesday Chatter 38!
I find variety is the spice of life which I reflect in my writing, and especially Tuesday Chatter. So sit back, take a breather and enjoy the hoopla; and while you’re taking some time for yourself join in the chat and link to Tuesday Chatter
This week, I am starting with a blast from the past, Many Moons Ago. Reminiscing with Sally Sue brings about pleasant and lingering memories of the 1960s. For example, do you remember Barbie Dolls? Yes, I know they are still alive and kicking but they were started back in 1959 by an American company, Mattel, Inc. Barbie’s background is fascinating, which Wikipedia offers a lot of information about Barbie and her life. Barbie is truly a cultural icon. I’ve included the link below for those interested in reading about Barbie. Barbie sure would look ultra-cool riding around in Sally Sue. Wow, what a striking pair! To be continued…
And, while I am on the subject of dolls, my Featured blogger is one that collects dolls. Below is an excerpt from a great site for doll collectors, dollsdollsdolls Be sure to step in and pay a visit to Taswegian19
I have been collecting dolls now since the 1990’s although I already had a few before that. I collect several types including dolls from the 1960s, the type I played with as a child. In fact I still have my first baby doll and several of my other old dolls including a Sindy from 1963 or 64.
As The Honey Drizzles
beBee is growing leaps and bounds. More bees and buzzes than you can shake a stick at. Interesting posts, great photos and all types of music. Come join in the fun. I’ll be glad to show you around.
- Complete your beBee profile. The affinity networking site allows you to always have an updated resume so that the rest of the internet users can see who you are just by taking a quick look at your profile.
- The first thing you have to do is register on beBee. If you haven’t done that yet check out our step-by-step guide to register on the affinity networking site.
beBee, the social network that makes networking through personal interests possible, has just arrived in the US market after reaching more than 11 million users in its first year. beBee is now planning its take off with a goal to reach 40 million users in the next two years.
Bye, bye July and hello August! August 1st is the 213th day of the year (214th) in leap years, according to the Gregorian Calendar. There are only 152 days left in the year. This is mind-boggling and I feel I am catching just a fleeting glimpse of 2016.
Oh, my my
Who let the time fly? Here today and gone tomorrow, days of joy and days of sorrow. I want to stay young, I want to have fun, I wish for more time that I could borrow
Oh, my my
How selfish of me, how silly I didn’t see that my wish for time was only for me.
Oh, my my
A tear falls from my eye, how I wish I could change my wish, I’ve so much time and nothing to do, why oh why did this wish come true?
Oh, my my
Why did I not share my wish with you, now my life is forever askew
Now, that we are officially in the month of August, there are some tidbits of news I am sharing:
- August is Water Quality Month and it’s the time of year when many people are enjoying the last bits of summer recreational activities involving water. But these bodies of water are threatened by increasing water pollution. The Clean Water Act was passed in 1972 but most people are unaware of the little ways they can pollute their water. Water sustains all life and entire ecosystems depend on it for their survival. Water Quality Month reminds us to take a long, hard look at what your household and community are doing to protect sources of fresh water.
- Did you know not using antibacterial soaps or cleaning products will help water pollution? Regular soap and water will do the trick. Much of the antibacterial soaps contain a registered pesticide that is known to harm marine life. This is just one tip to keep our water free of contaminants. To learn more, see the link at the bottom of this post.
- August 1 is Girlfriends Day. This isn’t related to a romantic entanglement, but a girl as a friend. Pedis/Manis and perhaps a glass of wine together can be time well spent. Oh, and guys too! So give each other a hug and make it a great day!
Does anyone have vacation plans or have already taken a vacation? I would love to hear about it. Link your trip details to Tuesday Chatter and be sure to share your photos.
I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!
Cheers! 🍵 ☕️