Golden Hen

244450-diy-marbled-golden-easter-egg

Beckoning all pixies and fairies

I’m beset with woe o’er a shrouded foe

he came with the wind

stole the golden hen

and her cackleberries

in-other-words1This week the event is to Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word cackleberries.  Please drop by and join the fun at Patricia’s Place

CC93a

image credits: http://www.lovethispic.com/image/244450/diy-marbled-golden-easter-egg

13 comments for “Golden Hen

1. 10/07/2016 at 11:02 pm

Very well written. I loved the idea and tittle GOLDEN HEN.👍

2. 10/08/2016 at 5:31 am

lovely Eugenia.

3. 10/08/2016 at 12:24 pm

Good post…but I haven’t a clue what cackleberries are.

4. 10/08/2016 at 1:06 pm

Love your lines! It would be sad to lose a golden hen that laid golden cackleberries. Thanks for sharing with In Other Words.

• 10/08/2016 at 1:11 pm

Thank you, Patricia. I like your new idea. 😉

• 10/08/2016 at 6:42 pm

Think I should change to a word and 5 lines or less?

• 10/08/2016 at 7:30 pm

I like the change. You can see how it goes and change it back if it doesn’t seem as popular.

• 10/08/2016 at 7:34 pm

I don’t think the original was popular but I liked the concept. I will give this some time and see what happens. Thanks.

5. 10/08/2016 at 4:33 pm

Very nice Franci!

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan