Tuesday Chatter Weekly – And Thank You!

134561-Single-Falling-Leaf

Hey, it’s time for coffee and I’m looking forward to some useful and useless chatter. This is one of those chats that deserves a steaming cuppa coffee with pumpkin spice and everything nice.

picmonkey-image73

The pleasure is all mine

that you took the time

to stop in and chat

about this and that

My, myself and I

and BrewNSpew

give our sincere thanks

to all of you

While, I was taking a walk about the premise, coffee in one hand and my phone in the other.  Another splendid fall day here in our neck of the woods and I couldn’t resist taking a pic of this gorgeous tree decked out with leaves in brilliant autumn colors.

20161019_115732

Fall arrived in my neighborhood

You know, I am amazed at the talent on WordPress and very pleased to be a part of blog land, sharing thoughts and engaging with others.  We have become an invaluable source of information indeed. Thus my reason for featuring fellow bloggers once or twice a week. I feel I’m sharing the best of the best of WordPress.

With that said, I am featuring jeffheggie.The Life of a Father, Husband, and Entrepreneur. Jeff’s blog is as he describes offering a variety of topics. Please stop by and show your support.

The header of my blog says, The Life of a Father, Husband and Entrepreneur. I use that because my post may jump around a bit. I enjoy writing about the business side of life but the father and husband part of my life are by far the most important to me. That’s why one of my categories is Heggie Life. This is the category that is more focused on family and events than business.

If you are looking for a class act blog, then I found it for you in oaktownvibes. There is a lot of action on this blog plus it has a bold look – very appealing.

I’m just an ordinary guy from Oakland California. I am absolutely in love with my city and the people. If the city of Oakland could be embodied by one person, I believe that person would be myself. One thing I love about Oakland is that everyone is of the same race, the human race. The vibe there is amazing, everyone is accepted, no matter who you are or where you come from. When I was growing up, I didn’t see color, people were judged based on how they treated others and the passions they pursued.

beBee and me, we’re still going strong. You know their theme color is orange and here’s the reason why.

logo

Orange:

Sociable, optimistic, enthusiastic, cheerful, self-confident, independent, flamboyant, extroverted and uninhibited, adventurous, the risk-taker, creative flair, warm-hearted, agreeable and informal.

Enthusiasm: Orange is optimistic and extroverted – the color of the uninhibited.

Rejuvenation: Orange helps to restore balance to our physical energies.

Stimulation: Orange is not as passionate or as excitable as red, but it is stimulating, particularly to the appetite – the worst color to have in the kitchen if you want to lose weight.

Courage: Orange helps us to take account of our lives, to face the consequences, to take action and make appropriate changes, and then to move onward and upward.

Vitality: Orange has a more balanced energy than red, not as passionate and aggressive, but full of vitality.

Tuesday Chatter is a weekly event. Join in and leave a link to your blog or a favorite post for others to enjoy at Tuesday Chatter

Since Halloween is just around the corner, I am sharing a few tidbits of Halloweeny fun.

Wed., Oct. 26th is Pumpkin Day

What many people don’t know is that the pumpkin is actually a plant from the new world, like all squash, so the image of pumpkin jack-o-lanterns in front of ancient medieval homes is just plain wrong. These are an all American (And South American) plant, and the jack-o-lantern at Halloween is a distinctly New World thing.

Thur., Oct. 27th is Black Cat Day

Nothing is quite as elegant as a black cat—like a miniature Amazonian jaguar, they doze atop the highest point in the area, waking for several hours daily to prowl around hunting for a tasty morsel. But black cats and kittens are often overlooked when animal shelters are looking for new homes, and can be at the shelter much longer than they should be. So why is this?

Sun., Oct. 30th is Candy Corn Day

You either love it or hate it, there’s little variance between the two. Candy Corn, some describe it as waxy and sickeningly sweet, and others just can’t seem to get enough of this seasonal treat. Whether handed out in small packets at Halloween or served in heaping bowls on grandma’s table, Candy Corn is an icon of the season, and you know that Autumn is here when it starts showing up.

Mon., Oct 31st is Halloween

282923-happy-halloween

picmonkey-image63

17 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly – And Thank You!

1. 10/25/2016 at 7:01 am

Fun post. I didn’t realize there was such a lead up to 🎃 day.

2. 10/25/2016 at 11:12 am

lovely picture and great new blogs to highlight! Have fun on your special trip. Hope we can see some photos of your little road trip!

3. 10/25/2016 at 1:49 pm

Interesting lead-up. I’ll check Jeff out 🙂

• 10/25/2016 at 3:58 pm

I am glad you liked it. Both bloggers featured are well worth the time spent.

4. 10/25/2016 at 4:44 pm

Your blog definitely put me in the Halloween spirit.

• 10/25/2016 at 5:53 pm

That makes me smile. I love Halloween, it’s my favorite time of the year.

5. 10/26/2016 at 12:50 am

hello, Eugenia. Love this. Have a safe trip & happy picture shooting.

6. 10/27/2016 at 4:12 pm

What a wonderful post! I love the pictures. 🙂 I agree, WordPress is a wonderful place with so much talent to be found! 😀 Congratulations on 1,000 followers! Here’s to the next thousand! Cheers with coffee. ❤

7. 10/27/2016 at 9:24 pm

Wonderful picture. Autumn is a beautiful season…but then they all are in their own way. I love candy corn! Partly because it is available for such a short time. Have a lovely weekend. Safe travels.

• 10/28/2016 at 9:05 am

Thank you, Patricia. Autumn is my favorite time of the year and I wish it lasted longer. We still are having warmer temperatures than normal.

• 10/29/2016 at 9:52 pm

Our temps were cool for a bit but back to warm. I am so ready for sweaters and socks weather!

• 10/31/2016 at 7:37 am

Me too.

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan