Tuesday Chatter Weekly

289622-christmas-snow-lighthouse

If we were having coffee, I find there is nothing more thought-provoking than useful and useless chatter. Hot coffee, so strong you can stand a spoon up in it. The fireplace is aglow and sharing its warmth throughout the room. This is going to one of those chats.

It’s a wet and cold day in my neck of the woods. Not frigid cold but that damp cold that makes you want to sit by the fire and sip on a warm beverage. Add a nip or two of your favorite liquor or liqueur and savor the time well spent.2015-11-23-16-50-40

I was strolling about our premise, taking in the seasonal changes, and it was just last week there were golden leaves adorning the trees. Now that mother nature has undressed the trees, and they seem fragile and sad – but not for long! Soon they will be covered in glistening snow enhancing their beauty as they put on a magnificent snowy display.

tree-with-snow1

Sally Sue noticed the seasonal changes, as well. She wants to hang out in the garage and stay warm and dry.  Since she’s been sheltered for thirty years she’s not too keen on dips and dives in the temperature and snow – no way! She doesn’t seem to realize she’s a car. It’s an ongoing saga with her, you know.

Let’s move along to some fun stuff since I don’t want my posts to put my readers in a funk. December is a fun month, whether or not you celebrate Christmas. There’s an array of events to keep your days filled with cheer, especially if you enjoy freshly baked treats.

Saturday 17th – Maple Syrup Day

Sunday 18th – Bake Cookies Day

Monday 19th – Oatmeal Muffin Day

Tuesday 20th – Sangria Day

And did you notice all of these days feature food or beverage?  On Saturday we can enjoy, french toast, pancakes, and waffles – thanks to the maple trees that supply the sap that becomes our delicious syrup. And here comes Sunday and what a better way to spread wonderful aromas throughout your abode, and that’s baking cookies. Your kitchen will be the center of winter festivities, which the whole family can enjoy.

As we approach Monday, don’t think you’re out of the kitchen yet because I’m ready for oatmeal muffins. Hot, yummy and definitely filling. Oh, and perfect with hot chocolate or my favorite, a steaming hot cuppa coffee.

Now it’s time to sit back and relax. After three days of cooking and baking, it’s time for a reward and a delicious fruity sangria is a perfect choice. Originating from Spain and Portugal, it’s a refreshing iced outdoor treat and when the temp takes a dip, sangria is a great way to warm up indoors. 🍷🍷

11Speaking of Spain, beBee’s been very busy. Postings of holiday photos, articles, and good wishes adorn my feed.

Shown below is a couple of pics of Christmas trees in the lobbies of the hotel where we stayed for our anniversary. I shared these pics on beBee to add to the cheeriness. There is definitely a feeling of holiday spirit on beBee. We bees are all abuzz for the holidays.

20161206_145846

20161206_150517

Hey, what’s a good word

One that’s not absurd

One that’s meaningful and mindful

One that denotes caring and sharing

One that shows compassion and passion

One that reflects empathy and sympathy

One that’s genuine and sincere

“Kindness”

“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” -Mark Twain

You’re going to love this blog. I am featuring QuillnParchment a stunning blog with a beautiful appearance and entertaining content. Do stop in and check out Sakhi’s display of Christmas spirit.

I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good. – Sakhi

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter.

Here is a few more pics of the decorations in the lobbies of the hotel. They do a beautiful job of making the hotel inviting for the holidays.

20161207_055519

20161206_150333

It’s a busy month because we’re getting close to the end of the year and there are just a plethora of things to accomplish. Do you feel things have to be in order at the end of the year, only to start the new year with the same “stuff”? Let me have your thoughts on this, please.

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

Post navigation

18 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 12/19/2016 at 2:51 pm

I have Sally’s cousin in my garage and she is so determined not to go out in the cold that she has somehow managed to make sure the garage door doesn’t work. Wishing you a holiday filled with joy and peace.

• 12/19/2016 at 6:16 pm

Ha ha, that’s cute and I can relate. Wishing you a happy and safe holiday.

2. 12/19/2016 at 4:23 pm

Tuesday the 20th Sangria day, my favorite. Instead of waiting for the new year to celebrate, I celebrate each day as a new day, with so much to be thankful for instead of the same stuff every year😄

• 12/19/2016 at 4:42 pm

Good for you for celebrating each day as a new day. Why wait to celebrate and be thankful.😃

3. 12/19/2016 at 6:40 pm

What a fun and festive post! I love those pictures you shared, thanks! sounds like a nice cozy time to sit and relax!

4. 12/20/2016 at 5:43 am

Tuesday and Saturday are tempting, for sure :). And the bit on Sally Sue was entertaining. Stay on the fun spree, and let your hair down. Merry Christmas!

5. 12/20/2016 at 4:20 pm

Looks like I’m just in time for Sangria Day! Yay! No snow here in the desert SW, but the white stuffs close by if I want to partake. Happy holidays!

• 12/21/2016 at 8:37 am

A little early, but I’m ready for my Sangria now. 😃 Happy holidays!

6. 12/20/2016 at 5:37 pm

Enjoyed the chatter. I’m beginning to think Christmas – like in company coming. So I’m wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great new year coming.

• 12/20/2016 at 5:48 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed Tuesday Chatter. Merry Christmas and wishing you a successful New Year,

7. 12/21/2016 at 2:21 am

Yep… I’m one of those who always tries to start the new year with a clean slate. Fortunately, that urge appears to be fading with each passing year 😉
    Merry Christmas, Eugenia 🙂 💜 Jackie@KWH

• 12/21/2016 at 9:34 am

I can relate. I don’t make a big deal about resolutions, etc. I set realistic goals during the year and take a step by step attitude. 😃

• 12/21/2016 at 7:58 pm

Yes exactly, slow ‘n steady wins the annual race! Wishing you a steady 2017 🙂 💜 Jackie@KWH

8. 01/09/2017 at 2:24 pm

Such a Xmas mood. 🙂
    I leave you my post about celebration of New Year’s Eve in Madrid

• 01/09/2017 at 9:34 pm

Thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter. I love your post about NY’s eve in Spain. You are so lucky.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Short Prose

short prose, fiction, poetry

The Struggle

YouTube Channel

word and silence

Poetry, History, Mythology

Tom's Nature-up-close Photography and Mindfulness Blog

Mindfulness, Philosophy, Spirituality, Meditation, Awareness, Religion, Nature Photography

lovenlosses

Highs and lows of life.

Tea and Toast with Kindness

introduction of thoughtfulness, kindness and compassion oh, and poetry

THE HEATHEN POET

...Living in Shadow City...

An Aspergian's Chemical Romance

The Struggle And Victory Discovered In Aspergers Through Poetic Passion

IdeasBecomeWords

Some Fiction & Some Facts

Valerie Hathaway

Poems, Pictures, and Bits of Fluff

MARIAM’S WORLD

•Poetry •Fashion •Lifestyle •Beauty •Health •Fitness •Inspiration

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

Alexandra Balevre Writing

Portfolio, Excerpts, and Blog Posts

Timeandreflections

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect"

Andrew Green's Poems

Mostly light hearted but often with a serious message.

Makeup Brushes Hub

Makeup Brushes Hub

Tea With Jennifer

Join me in a cup of inspiration!