Tuesday Chatter Weekly

289622-christmas-snow-lighthouse

It’s cold outside and time for a cuppa. I find there is nothing more thought-provoking than chit-chat. Hot coffee, so strong you can stand a spoon up in it. The fireplace is aglow and sharing its warmth throughout the room. This is going to one of those chats.

It’s a wet and cold day in my neck of the woods. Not frigid cold but that damp cold that makes you want to sit by the fire and sip on a warm beverage. Add a nip or two of your favorite liquor or liqueur and savor the time well spent.

198831-Fireplace

I was strolling about our premise, taking in the seasonal changes, and it was just last week there were golden leaves adorning the trees. Now that mother nature has undressed the trees, they seem fragile and sad – but not for long! Soon they will be covered in glistening snow enhancing their beauty as they put on a magnificent snowy display.

149131-Animated-Winter-Snow

You know, December is a fun month, whether or not you celebrate Christmas. There’s an array of events to keep your days filled with cheer, especially if you enjoy freshly baked treats.

Saturday 17th – Maple Syrup Day

pexels-photo-718739

Sunday 18th – Bake Cookies Day

pexels-photo-264779

Monday 19th – Oatmeal Muffin Day

pexels-photo-245554

Tuesday 20th – Sangria Day

pexels-photo-776089

And did you notice all of these days feature food or beverage?  On Saturday we can enjoy, french toast, pancakes, and waffles – thanks to the maple trees that supply the sap that becomes our delicious syrup. Here comes Sunday and what a better way to spread wonderful aromas throughout your abode, and that’s baking cookies. Your kitchen will be the center of winter festivities, which the whole family can enjoy.

As we approach Monday, don’t think you’re out of the kitchen yet because I’m ready for oatmeal muffins. Hot, yummy and definitely filling. Oh, and perfect with hot chocolate or my favorite, a steaming hot cuppa coffee.

Now it’s time to sit back and relax. After three days of cooking and baking, it’s time for a reward and a delicious fruity sangria is a perfect choice. Sangria originates from Spain and Portugal and a refreshing iced outdoor treat. When the temp takes a dip, sangria is a nice way to warm up indoors. 🍷🍷

I enjoyed these nicely decorated trees that are displayed in the hotel when we are visiting Blue Ridge.

20161206_145846

20161206_150517

Hey, what’s a good word

One that’s not absurd

One that’s meaningful and mindful

One that denotes caring and sharing

One that shows compassion and passion

One that reflects empathy and sympathy

One that’s genuine and sincere

“Kindness”

“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” -Mark Twain

You’re going to love this blog. I am featuring QuillnParchment a stunning blog with a beautiful appearance and entertaining content. Do stop in and check out Sakhi’s display of Christmas spirit.

I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good. – Sakhi

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter.

Here are a few more pics of the decorations in the hotel lobbies. They do a beautiful job of making the hotel inviting for the holidays.

20161207_055519

20161206_150333

It’s a busy month because we’re getting close to the end of the year and there are just a plethora of things to accomplish. Do you feel things have to be in order at the end of the year, only to start the new year with the same “stuff”?

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Pexels

Post navigation

18 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 12/19/2016 at 2:51 pm

I have Sally’s cousin in my garage and she is so determined not to go out in the cold that she has somehow managed to make sure the garage door doesn’t work. Wishing you a holiday filled with joy and peace.

• 12/19/2016 at 6:16 pm

Ha ha, that’s cute and I can relate. Wishing you a happy and safe holiday.

2. 12/19/2016 at 4:23 pm

Tuesday the 20th Sangria day, my favorite. Instead of waiting for the new year to celebrate, I celebrate each day as a new day, with so much to be thankful for instead of the same stuff every year😄

• 12/19/2016 at 4:42 pm

Good for you for celebrating each day as a new day. Why wait to celebrate and be thankful.😃

3. 12/19/2016 at 6:40 pm

What a fun and festive post! I love those pictures you shared, thanks! sounds like a nice cozy time to sit and relax!

4. 12/20/2016 at 5:43 am

Tuesday and Saturday are tempting, for sure :). And the bit on Sally Sue was entertaining. Stay on the fun spree, and let your hair down. Merry Christmas!

5. 12/20/2016 at 4:20 pm

Looks like I’m just in time for Sangria Day! Yay! No snow here in the desert SW, but the white stuffs close by if I want to partake. Happy holidays!

• 12/21/2016 at 8:37 am

A little early, but I’m ready for my Sangria now. 😃 Happy holidays!

6. 12/20/2016 at 5:37 pm

Enjoyed the chatter. I’m beginning to think Christmas – like in company coming. So I’m wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great new year coming.

• 12/20/2016 at 5:48 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed Tuesday Chatter. Merry Christmas and wishing you a successful New Year,

7. 12/21/2016 at 2:21 am

Yep… I’m one of those who always tries to start the new year with a clean slate. Fortunately, that urge appears to be fading with each passing year 😉
    Merry Christmas, Eugenia 🙂 💜 Jackie@KWH

• 12/21/2016 at 9:34 am

I can relate. I don’t make a big deal about resolutions, etc. I set realistic goals during the year and take a step by step attitude. 😃

• 12/21/2016 at 7:58 pm

Yes exactly, slow ‘n steady wins the annual race! Wishing you a steady 2017 🙂 💜 Jackie@KWH

8. 01/09/2017 at 2:24 pm

Such a Xmas mood. 🙂
    I leave you my post about celebration of New Year’s Eve in Madrid

• 01/09/2017 at 9:34 pm

Thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter. I love your post about NY’s eve in Spain. You are so lucky.

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan