Tuesday Chatter Weekly

119411-Cappuccino-And-Cookies

Coffee’s brewing whilst we’re spewing about this and that. Whether we’re certain or whether we’re doubtful, this is one of those chats.

Congratulations, you have made it through to 2017. A thought to ponder as we start the new year is the journey is all that matters. Any addition to everything you have gained along the way is the prize. Here’s to a prosperous 2017! 🥂

293393-2017

A note to my followers is there have been a few changes to BrewNSpew, as well as Tuesday Chatter. Some of the revisions are still in the works and will be ongoing. A nip and tuck, here and there, keeps one’s image oh so fair.

With that said, I don’t want a copy paste of 2016 and believe 2017 is going to be the year of transition and disruption. No matter where you live or what you believe, let’s hope for the best. The quote below, which is from an article posted in beBee is a worthy example of thinking during 2017, IMO.

“Use the obstacles to open the windows of intelligence.”- Emilio M. Ludovino https://www.bebee.com/producer/@emilia-ludovino/my-new-year-s-message-to-you-be-happy

11Speaking of beBee, I spent the majority of New Year’s eve on the site. I enjoyed reading and commenting as there were numerous new year well-wishers, many of them showing their creative skills with glittering displays, cool videos, enlightening poems, and quotes. My time is always well spent while I buzz with my fellow bees.

My husband and I don’t venture out on New Year’s eve for several reasons, mainly because it gets too crazy. In fact, we partied the night before and it was nuts. It seems there were a lot of people celebrating early. Maybe they had the same idea? I doubt it. There are a lot of career partiers that live in and around Atlanta.

We left Sally Sue at home as we didn’t need the worry of her turning up missing or damaged. She was understanding for a change, probably because the weather was cold, wet and sleety. She has her days but then I guess that is to be expected at her age. We never know what to expect from her when we open the garage door.

Did you know that January is Oatmeal Month? This seems fitting for those of us that live in a cold weather climate. There are so many ways to use oatmeal and it’s good for us. Oats are used for everything from breakfast and desserts to grain for animals. It is one of the most popular breakfast items in the world. I prefer mine with cinnamon and raisins to give some added flavor. I love oatmeal cookies too, especially if they’re soft and chewy. Yum.

Moving along, this week I am featuring two excellent bloggers. They emit positivity plus, which is why I selected them. A perfect addition to my first post in 2017.

Deb’s got it right with her blog Once Upon a Hot Flash

Having a positive attitude is not always easy and those pesky negative thoughts some how sneak their way into our brains. We must practice to control our thoughts and not let our thoughts control us. Repeat after me ~ I am in control of my thoughts. Repeat often.

You will be in awe of these two students, Ken and Speranza. They are amazing. Melting Ice Towers

KENNEDY MAWIRA [21 YRS]   SPERANZA NDUNG’U (20 YRS)

We Are Medical Students At The University Of Nairobi. We Have Been Endowed With Writing Talents That We Confabulate During Our Free time. This Is Our Writing Platform. Enjoy Yourself Dear Readers.We Love Our Dear Readers. You Inspire Us. We will always keep you updated with interesting articles. By Ken And Speranza

Father time has lost its edge

Clocks in charge fell from the ledge

Pendulums displaced swing no more

There’s nothing left to keep the score

Take it easy take it slow

Step by step give it a go

Take you time go with the flow

Life’s not a race you know

You’ve 364 days yet to go

-Eugenia

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter

Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” ― Cavett Robert

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

images: http://www.lovethispic.com/image/293393/2017

21 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 01/02/2017 at 9:34 am

Happy new year! I look forward to seeing your little blog changes in this year xx always something interesting and exciting Franci

• 01/02/2017 at 4:35 pm

Happy New Year, Lynn and I hope you are well. Sometimes I feel I get too complacent and it’s time to turn another corner. Since BrewNSpew is my fun time, I like to be creative with it. My goal is to find interesting topics to write about but yet keep my posts fun and lighthearted.

2. 01/02/2017 at 10:57 am

Now that first quote is one to hold on to. I pray the ups will be more than the downs this year.

• 01/02/2017 at 4:42 pm

Yes, I liked it because it is so relevant to what’s happening in today’s world. Thank you for commenting.

3. 01/02/2017 at 1:26 pm

Your quote speaks volumes especially at this time of the year when so many people are thinking and planning.

• 01/02/2017 at 4:45 pm

Thank you, Bernadette. The first of the year seems to offer a new state of mind – now we have to put that feeling to good use.

4. Deb
    01/02/2017 at 4:52 pm

Awe thanks Eugenia, how very thoughtful of you for the link! I have a really great vibe for 2017, many wonderful adventures to take place this year. Wishing you a blessed year, sprinkled with love, bliss, joy, happiness, gratefulness and positivity!!! I did not know that January was Oatmeal month, cinnamon and raisins are my favorite in oatmeal too. Looking forward to visiting the other sites you’ve listed. Love your Maya Angelou quote. Big Hugs!! 🙂

• 01/03/2017 at 10:28 am

You are quite welcome, Deb. I love your positive blog!

• Deb
        01/03/2017 at 8:05 pm

Thank you again and I appreciate your wonderful visits!! 🙂

5. 01/03/2017 at 2:00 am

Happy new year! Month of oatmeal eh? Nice, as I love a bowl of it in the morning!

6. 01/03/2017 at 7:09 am

Yes. 362 days more to create, and then, review at the end of the year.

7. 01/03/2017 at 8:06 am

Wow. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
    We appreciate your kindness. Your blog is great too.
    The background and cuteness of the theme. It’s awesome. We are looking forward to read your posts

8. 01/03/2017 at 10:28 pm

Happy New Year! So far it’s been a very good year. 🙂 I expect the goodness to continue.
    My favorite oatmeal is with maple and brown sugar. Apple and cinnamon is a close second. I am looking forward to seeing what changes you make here. I like the creativity found in blog world.

• 01/04/2017 at 9:36 am

Yes, this is going to be a good year and a very interesting one. I like to be creative and have fun with my blog. I believe a new year warrants some changes. 😃

9. 01/04/2017 at 4:28 am

happy new year to you and to everyone here 🙂 hopefully this year would be a great one

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Dwordslayer

Lets talk...

"USA Through Our Eyes"

Stories told through Words, Photographs, Videos & Sounds

Artie & Stu

all the rules of free form

IdeasBecomeWords

Some Fiction & Some Facts

Phone Care Center

Experts in Apple & Samsung galaxy

yaskhan

Poetry, free verse, haiku, senryu, photography, books, art, philosophy , nature.

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

janetgivens

A fine WordPress.com site

janisinwonderland

A simple life

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Product Reviewer NW

Beauty and makeup reviews 💕

vanbytheriver

Living Life. Paying Attention.

Book Editing

Professional book editing for fiction and nonfiction writers

Splodge and Splatter

Words (and pictures, for that matter!)

SUBDUED FLAMBOYANCE

A blog by Dr. Abhinav Majumder

Evan Ramos Writes

The creative writing of Evan Ramos

Swiping Stories

Tales from Tinder and other crazy stories from my online dating experience.