Lessons

apple-education-school-knowledge-60583

Elders have much wisdom to share

Often more than children can bare

Valuable words and not too fancy

Fall on ears of those too antsy

But lessons learned not a total waste

Mindtools emerge as a copy/paste

“Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.”
James Baldwin

CC93a

images – Pexels

Advertisements

14 comments for “Lessons

1. 01/13/2017 at 1:25 pm

Very good! I have witnessed this in my own kids. Of course, I ALWAYS listened to my parents 🙂

• 01/13/2017 at 8:56 pm

Thank you for your kind comments. Yeah, me too – right!

2. 01/13/2017 at 1:25 pm

so then as before
    again
    we learn
    we spurn
    rose glasses
    produce the fallacies

3. 01/13/2017 at 4:07 pm

Very thoughtful!

4. 01/13/2017 at 11:32 pm

So very true. We have so much to share.. they just don’t recognize wisdom when they hear it … ha! Diane

5. 01/15/2017 at 3:41 pm

Very clever in the manner in which it covers the subject. “The wisdom of the elders” hasn’t been embraced for a long long time now. Sad but true. “Cut and paste” mind tools emerging later in life has certainly been true in my own life!
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMore dot com)
    – ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder –
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

6. 01/16/2017 at 10:16 pm

I find it amazing that I now appreciate all the drumming of wisdom my parents did – I sure didn’t back then. Now with my children, we’ll just have to wait and see. Good poem

• 01/16/2017 at 10:37 pm

Yes, I think as we get older we are more in tune with the reasons why we were told what to do and what not to do. Things my parents told me make sense now. I think it comes with maturity.

7. 01/17/2017 at 5:21 pm

Great idea!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Steve`s Country

For a smile as wide as a country sunrise

words less spoken

Gen X’er chronicles the art form of living in the Angelino metropolitan environment through poetry, creative writing, art, photography, and culture.

tinytotspoetry

I AIM TO PLEASE THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART WITH POEMS DESIGNED FOR KIDS. READ ALONG WITH YOUR SMALL TOTS FOR FUN.. LET'S MAKE RHYMING FUN AND EXCITING!!!

Soccer Betting Tips Predictions

We provide free soccer predictions to grow your bankroll. Our purpose is to give you the best opportunity of profiting long term from soccer betting.

shakemyheadhollow

Conceptual spaces: politics, philosophy, art, literature, religion, cultural history

WINDOWSHOPPI

REFINE WHAT DEFINES YOU

The Poetry About Us

A Weekly Blog with Joey Blue

Meliorate

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.

Another LQQK

shift focus, see further, gaze deeper

Abandoned Amenities

POETRY, ASSORTED QUOTATIONS, ETC...

michael's blog

love, grace, mercy and His goodness; the reason for our life and existence

ThusNSuch

poems, autumn and so it goes

Norm.ally

A unisex fashion blog majorly on knitted apparels and fabrics, trend alerts, wardrobe "must-haves",styling and much more

The Sound Sniffer

Sniffing out the best new music

eastelmhurst.a.go.go

I have a hyperactive imagination.Welcome to my world. You can get here by way of Astoria Blvd.,Sunrise Hwy or Wyoming Avenue~

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

sparksfromacombustiblemind

EMBERS FROM SOMEONE DOGGEDLY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

Panache

Beyond the precincts of my imagination

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

19 poems

the poetry of mia wright