Tuesday Chatter Weekly

76957-the-road

While we’re having coffee, let’s take a break from what we can’t control. Sometimes pointless chatter can eventually take on a form of positive energy. Yes, this is a repeat of last week’s Tuesday Chatter but I feel it is important to keep thinking positive thoughts.

Tuesday Chatter 66 brings to mind Route 66. Here is an excerpt from an informative and interesting website on the subject – Historic Route 66 – historic66

Since 1926, driving down Route 66 has been the experience of a lifetime for travelers, adventurers, desperados and dreamers. Being the oldest Route 66 resource on the web, the Historic 66 website is dedicated to provide information for all those who want to learn more about the legendary Mother Road.

I remember when I was a child and traveling with my parents, we would take Route 66. The roadside attractions are interesting and amusing. Their website offers details on the attractions and a turn-by-turn description as you enjoy your journey on Route 66. The site includes a picture gallery displaying landmarks, which some still exist for real life viewing.

U.S. Route 66, also known as the Will Rogers Highway, the Main Street of America or the Mother Road, was one of the original highways within the U.S. Highway System

• Location: USA
  • Length: 3944502.25 m
  • Build Start Date: November 26, 1926

…and they come into 66 from the tributary side roads, from  the wagon tracks and the rutted country roads, 66 is  the mother road, the road of flight.– John Steinbeck in The Grapes of Wrath

225px-us_66_arizona_1926-svg

Moving forward to my featured bloggers for this week and some new news about my new second blog, ThusNSuch .

ThusNSuch is dedicated to poems and quotes. My goal is to have all of my poems in one place. You may recognize some of the poems that were originally posted on BrewNSpew, which I copied, moved and/or altered for ThusNSuch. Also, I will be adding new poems, some combined with pertinent quotes and others will stand solo. This is something I always had a desire to do and one of my goals for 2017. Please stop by and visit ThusNSuch

SeeNorway – If you appreciate beautiful photography, you will enjoy this blog. Svein posts are spectacular photos, with well written and interesting descriptions. Please note the hyperlink to “INDEX”, which will help in your enjoyment of this blog. ’INDEX’ is an alternative to their ‘archives’!  The difference is that inside ‘INDEX’ everything is listed in alphabetical order under each related county!  In addition, you may read how many pictures included in each post and which photographer that did the job! “INDEX” is one of the useful hints provided by Svein to easily navigate his blog. seenorway

SimplisticInsightsThat we are not all the same, this is a known. We are all unique, one of a kind, a real masterpiece! Our life is truly one unlike anybody else’s in this existence.Just ponder on that thought for a second….simplisticinsights

jim-murray-4

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun. beBee Registration

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos. Tuesday Chatter

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

image credits: http://www.lovethispic.com/image/76957/the-road

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 02/06/2017 at 2:53 pm

Firstly thanks for reading and liking my blog.
    This post takes me back some 40 plus years. We were leaving Montreal to return to live in New Zealand. On the way we visited my sister inLA and drove the length of Route 66. Still love to remember when I hear the song.

• 02/06/2017 at 3:03 pm

Thank you for your comment. I remember the song, as well. Great memories.

2. 02/06/2017 at 3:54 pm

Lovely Tuesday chatter

3. 02/06/2017 at 6:23 pm

It is a great idea keeping your poetry all in one place.

• 02/06/2017 at 7:38 pm

Thank you and it is a fun project for me. I am also doing some house cleaning on BrewNSpew while searching for some of the poems I want for ThusNSuch. It’s interesting to see the changes from 2 years ago.

4. 02/06/2017 at 10:38 pm

Thanks for reflecting on Route 66. You’re right…lots of unique finds and wonderful food!

5. 02/06/2017 at 11:55 pm

Love Route 66!

• 02/07/2017 at 10:32 am

Yes, isn’t it great – It makes for a very interesting road trip. Thank you for reading and commenting.

6. Tena Carr
    02/07/2017 at 8:38 am

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday and a wonderful week… Here’s the link to my coffee chatter – https://jottingsandwritings.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/tuesday-coffee-chatter/

7. 02/07/2017 at 3:42 pm

thanks for the Hwy 66 reminders. We have many family stories around Hwy 66 back in the 50’s.

8. 02/07/2017 at 4:28 pm

Route 66 gets very interesting from the Great Plains through Arizona. Thanks for the deja vu.

9. 02/07/2017 at 10:01 pm

I remember the TV program Route 66. I watched it every week like a lot of other teenage girls.

10. 02/09/2017 at 12:45 pm

Being that I live in Arizona I’ve been on Route 66 many times from CA through NM. I confess I’ve also been on the freeway replacement of I-40 and I’ve seen the little towns that were featured in the movie Cars where all the attention, business, and traffic were lost when the freeway was completed. A real part of our history.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Dwordslayer

Lets talk...

"USA Through Our Eyes"

Stories told through Words, Photographs, Videos & Sounds

Artie & Stu

all the rules of free form

IdeasBecomeWords

Some Fiction & Some Facts

Phone Care Center

Experts in Apple & Samsung galaxy

yaskhan

Poetry, free verse, haiku, senryu, photography, books, art, philosophy , nature.

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

janetgivens

A fine WordPress.com site

janisinwonderland

A simple life

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Product Reviewer NW

Beauty and makeup reviews 💕

vanbytheriver

Living Life. Paying Attention.

Book Editing

Professional book editing for fiction and nonfiction writers

Splodge and Splatter

Words (and pictures, for that matter!)

SUBDUED FLAMBOYANCE

A blog by Dr. Abhinav Majumder

Evan Ramos Writes

The creative writing of Evan Ramos

Swiping Stories

Tales from Tinder and other crazy stories from my online dating experience.