Tuesday Chatter 69

61239-Bright-Blue-Moon

While we’re having coffee, let’s take the time to chat about 1969. Sit down and put your feet up for a spell because this is going to be one of those chats.

Let’s begin with those famous words “That’s one step for man, one giant leap for mankind” that marks the Apollo II mission by the US, where man first landed on the moon. Neil Armstrong and Edwin ‘Buzz’ Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the moon. Neil Armstrong uttered the famous line, which was heard around the world.

Some other major happenings were the Boeing jumbo jet 747 makes its debut, and for those that love cars, the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is introduced, a popular American muscle car. 1969 was a happening year for rock and roll fans with music coming from some of rock and roll’s greatest groups – Led Zepplin, The Doors, Janis Joplin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles. In fact, The Beatles performed their last public appearance on the roof of Apple records in 1969. Another major music event in 1969 was Woodstock, which attracted more than 350,000 fans.

129776-sign-for-woodstock-festival

Here are some interesting statistics for the year 1969, which compared to today’s cost of living is mind boggling. Just look at the cost of a house in 1969 compared to January 2017 where the median sales price for a house is $312,900 and the average is $360,900. Wow, what a difference!

Population: 3.631 billion

Richard M. Nixon is inaugurated 37th President of the US (Jan. 20).

Vice President: Spiro T. Agnew

A little bit about, beBee, my social media hangout-

11beBee Affinity, Successful Personal Branding. beBee is perfect for building your personal brand, reputation and/or persona. All you need to do is set up your profile and start communicating with like-minded bees. beBee is learning, sharing and beeing yourself. Join today, for free, using the link below-

Moving on in time nineteen sixty-nine

Perhaps, too soon says the fingernail moon

Your presence makes me shiver, I’m all a quiver

Oh the horror of mankind treading on my face

I’ve folded into a sliver amidst a dark space

Neath the sapphire sky I’ve reason to hide

Silly rules of mankind I don’t wish to abide

Mankind’s slapdash ways create a murky haze

Scattered mishmash of frowns and devastation

Condemned in absentia seeking salvation

Says the fingernail moon, perhaps not too late

My pull on the tides predetermines one’s fate

-Eugenia

Moving on to Let’s Meet & Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

“El Mundo Visible es Sólo un Pretexto” / “The Visible World is Just a Pretext”.-

Beauty Fixes.. SkinCare Guide.. Recipes & More..Straight out of an Urban Lab.

After spending some time on WordPress, I realized the importance of back links for blogs owners. Since that a lot are doing the same, I’m going to do it too. If you have a WordPress blog, you may please post its URL and title in a comment here; a short description is a plus.

Read.Educate.Apply

The FCC bans all cigarette advertising on television and radio.

Super Bowl – NY Jets d. Baltimore (16-7)

World Series – NY Mets d. Baltimore (4-1)

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

picmonkey-image111

17 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 69

1. 02/27/2017 at 12:04 pm

let it be and abbey road
    no more fab
    and the miracle mets
    beat my o s
    in five

2. 02/27/2017 at 12:29 pm

I stayed up all night on my own to watch the moon landing, it was my birthday, I fell asleep in the armchair and woke up as Neil Armstrong was uttering those famous words. I remember making a mental note of Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins’ names, instinctively recognising that everyone would know Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon but not many would remember the rest of the crew. I saw the Beatles rooftop performance on tv too. Exciting times.

3. 02/27/2017 at 6:50 pm

Fun whimsical poem…. ‘Our third child .. a girl also born in 1969’.. memorable year! Diane

• 02/27/2017 at 7:02 pm

I enjoy reading comments of others and what they experienced back in the 60’s. These were very special times for me, as well. Thank you for commenting.

4. Tena Carr
    02/28/2017 at 8:11 am

Wowww that is some huge changes in costs. I did a lot of flying on 747’s growing up (mostly visiting grandparents).

Here is my Tuesday Chatter: https://jottingsandwritings.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/tuesdaychatter-and-a-cup-of-coffee/ Have an awesome Tuesday.

• 02/28/2017 at 8:47 am

Thank you for chatting on Tuesday Chatter. Have an awesome week.

5. 02/28/2017 at 9:36 am

This is so much fun looking back! What memories and wow what prices!

6. 02/28/2017 at 10:55 pm

1969 was the year I almost died. I will never forget it and have no desire to go back.

• 03/01/2017 at 7:48 am

Oh no! I wouldn’t want to go back either. Were you in an accident? You don’t have to go into details if it brings on unpleasant memories.

• 03/01/2017 at 9:52 pm

No accident just a minor surgery that went bad…very bad.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent

Candid Words on Life & Faith by Polly Mayforth Krause

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power...poetry...prose...peace...love listens & rises again

The Zombies Ate My Brains

Rescuing what might remain of the grey matter.

Kristina Boucher