Tuesday Chatter Weekly

61239-Bright-Blue-Moon

While we’re having coffee, let’s take the time to chat about 1969. Sit down and put your feet up for a spell because this is going to be one of those chats.

Tidbits from the year 1969

Let’s begin with those famous words “That’s one step for man, one giant leap for mankind” that marks the Apollo II mission by the US, where man first landed on the moon. Neil Armstrong and Edwin ‘Buzz’ Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the moon. Neil Armstrong uttered the famous line, which was heard around the world.

Some other major happenings were the Boeing jumbo jet 747 makes its debut, and for those that love cars, the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is introduced, a popular American muscle car.

1969 was a happening year for rock and roll fans with music coming from some of rock and roll’s greatest groups – Led Zepplin, The Doors, Janis Joplin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles. In fact, The Beatles performed their last public appearance on the roof of Apple records in 1969. Another major music event in 1969 was Woodstock, which attracted more than 350,000 fans.

129776-sign-for-woodstock-festival

Population: 3.631 billion

Richard M. Nixon is inaugurated 37th President of the US (Jan. 20).

Vice President: Spiro T. Agnew

logo

beBee Affinity, Successful Personal Branding. beBee is perfect for building your personal brand, reputation and/or persona. All you need to do is set up your profile and start communicating with like-minded bees. beBee is learning, sharing and beeing yourself. Join today, for free, using this link-beBee Registration

Moving on in time nineteen sixty-nine

Perhaps, too soon says the fingernail moon

Your presence makes me shiver, I’m all a quiver

Oh the horror of mankind treading on my face

I’ve folded into a sliver amidst a dark space

Neath the sapphire sky I’ve reason to hide

Silly rules of mankind I don’t wish to abide

Mankind’s slapdash ways create a murky haze

Scattered mishmash of frowns and devastation

Condemned in absentia seeking salvation

Says the fingernail moon, perhaps not too late

My pull on the tides predetermines one’s fate

Let’s Meet & Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

“El Mundo Visible es Sólo un Pretexto” / “The Visible World is Just a Pretext”.-

Beauty Fixes.. SkinCare Guide.. Recipes & More..Straight out of an Urban Lab.

After spending some time on WordPress, I realized the importance of back links for blogs owners. Since that a lot are doing the same, I’m going to do it too. If you have a WordPress blog, you may please post its URL and title in a comment here; a short description is a plus.

Read.Educate.Apply

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

picmonkey-image111

17 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 02/27/2017 at 12:04 pm

let it be and abbey road
    no more fab
    and the miracle mets
    beat my o s
    in five

2. 02/27/2017 at 12:29 pm

I stayed up all night on my own to watch the moon landing, it was my birthday, I fell asleep in the armchair and woke up as Neil Armstrong was uttering those famous words. I remember making a mental note of Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins’ names, instinctively recognising that everyone would know Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon but not many would remember the rest of the crew. I saw the Beatles rooftop performance on tv too. Exciting times.

3. 02/27/2017 at 6:50 pm

Fun whimsical poem…. ‘Our third child .. a girl also born in 1969’.. memorable year! Diane

• 02/27/2017 at 7:02 pm

I enjoy reading comments of others and what they experienced back in the 60’s. These were very special times for me, as well. Thank you for commenting.

4. Tena Carr
    02/28/2017 at 8:11 am

Wowww that is some huge changes in costs. I did a lot of flying on 747’s growing up (mostly visiting grandparents).

Here is my Tuesday Chatter: https://jottingsandwritings.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/tuesdaychatter-and-a-cup-of-coffee/ Have an awesome Tuesday.

• 02/28/2017 at 8:47 am

Thank you for chatting on Tuesday Chatter. Have an awesome week.

5. 02/28/2017 at 9:36 am

This is so much fun looking back! What memories and wow what prices!

6. 02/28/2017 at 10:55 pm

1969 was the year I almost died. I will never forget it and have no desire to go back.

• 03/01/2017 at 7:48 am

Oh no! I wouldn’t want to go back either. Were you in an accident? You don’t have to go into details if it brings on unpleasant memories.

• 03/01/2017 at 9:52 pm

No accident just a minor surgery that went bad…very bad.

w

The Art of Trying

“We may struggle, but we don’t quit”

Addicted Fitness

Find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell

Cookies & Moo

The musings of a struggling blogger.

The Art of Blogging

For bloggers who aspire to inspire

Are You Thrilled

because the story must be told

Kristi Ann's Haven

Jesus ( Yeshua) Saves!!

SHIFT2Drive.blog

mobilité quotidienne, découvertes & convictions

Ladiesgamers.com

Portable gaming on 3DS, Switch, Vita or smartphone

Toby In Charge

3 Crazy Cats, 1 Goofy Dog, and their slightly off-the-beam human mother!

Cee's Photography

Learning and teaching the art of composition.

Dina Al-Mahdy

A Journey in My World

changeyourlife

Only you can change your life. Never underestimate your power to change yourself.

SimplymeSMC

A StoRy of LiFe and MOre

Life...Take 2

My Journey to Health and Wellness

AninditaBose(AninditaRoyBose)

A gateway to deep insights and small aphorisms

Frank J. Tassone

haikai poetry matters

BOJANA’S COFFEE & CONFESSIONS TO GO

LONG SOUL-SEARCHING CONVERSATIONS WITH MYSELF

Beckie's Mental Mess

Mental health awareness, negative to positive perspective. ~~ Creative Writing ~~

Merchant Writes Again

"My pen loves gossiping to paper about my imagination's secrets."

PATRICK STORIES

Make PEACE ✌ Show LOVE❤

What Next: Behind Roo's Ruse

Is it destiny, happenstance or stratagem?

A Thousand Shades of Awesomeness

Sing It. Say It. Write It.

My Insights