Tuesday Chatter Weekly

pexels-photo-641038

While we’re having coffee, let’s take the time to chat about 1969. Sit down and put your feet up for a spell because this is going to be one of those chats.

Tidbits from the year 1969

Let’s begin with those famous words “That’s one step for man, one giant leap for mankind” that marks the Apollo II mission by the US, where man first landed on the moon. Neil Armstrong and Edwin ‘Buzz’ Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the moon. Neil Armstrong uttered the famous line, which was heard around the world.

Some other major happenings were the Boeing jumbo jet 747 makes its debut, and for those that love cars, the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is introduced, a popular American muscle car.

1969 was a happening year for rock and roll fans with music coming from some of rock and roll’s greatest groups – Led Zepplin, The Doors, Janis Joplin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles. In fact, The Beatles performed their last public appearance on the roof of Apple records in 1969. Another major music event in 1969 was Woodstock, which attracted more than 350,000 fans.

129776-sign-for-woodstock-festival

Population: 3.631 billion

Richard M. Nixon is inaugurated as 37th President of the US (Jan. 20).

Vice President: Spiro T. Agnew

logo

beBee Affinity, Successful Personal Branding. beBee is perfect for building your personal brand, reputation and/or persona. All you need to do is set up your profile and start communicating with like-minded bees. beBee is learning, sharing and beeing yourself. Join today, for free, using this link-beBee Registration

Moving on in time nineteen sixty-nine

Perhaps, too soon says the fingernail moon

Your presence makes me shiver, I’m all a quiver

Oh the horror of mankind treading on my face

I’ve folded into a sliver amidst a dark space

Neath the sapphire sky I’ve reason to hide

Silly rules of mankind I don’t wish to abide

Mankind’s slapdash ways create a murky haze

Scattered mishmash of frowns and devastation

Condemned in absentia seeking salvation

Says the fingernail moon, perhaps not too late

My pull on the tides predetermines one’s fate

Let’s Meet & Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

“El Mundo Visible es Sólo un Pretexto” / “The Visible World is Just a Pretext”.-

Beauty Fixes.. SkinCare Guide.. Recipes & More..Straight out of an Urban Lab.

After spending some time on WordPress, I realized the importance of back links for blogs owners. Since that a lot are doing the same, I’m going to do it too. If you have a WordPress blog, you may please post its URL and title in a comment here; a short description is a plus.

Read.Educate.Apply

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

picmonkey-image111

image-Pexels

17 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 02/27/2017 at 12:04 pm

let it be and abbey road
    no more fab
    and the miracle mets
    beat my o s
    in five

2. 02/27/2017 at 12:29 pm

I stayed up all night on my own to watch the moon landing, it was my birthday, I fell asleep in the armchair and woke up as Neil Armstrong was uttering those famous words. I remember making a mental note of Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins’ names, instinctively recognising that everyone would know Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon but not many would remember the rest of the crew. I saw the Beatles rooftop performance on tv too. Exciting times.

3. 02/27/2017 at 6:50 pm

Fun whimsical poem…. ‘Our third child .. a girl also born in 1969’.. memorable year! Diane

• 02/27/2017 at 7:02 pm

I enjoy reading comments of others and what they experienced back in the 60’s. These were very special times for me, as well. Thank you for commenting.

4. Tena Carr
    02/28/2017 at 8:11 am

Wowww that is some huge changes in costs. I did a lot of flying on 747’s growing up (mostly visiting grandparents).

Here is my Tuesday Chatter: https://jottingsandwritings.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/tuesdaychatter-and-a-cup-of-coffee/ Have an awesome Tuesday.

• 02/28/2017 at 8:47 am

Thank you for chatting on Tuesday Chatter. Have an awesome week.

5. 02/28/2017 at 9:36 am

This is so much fun looking back! What memories and wow what prices!

6. 02/28/2017 at 10:55 pm

1969 was the year I almost died. I will never forget it and have no desire to go back.

• 03/01/2017 at 7:48 am

Oh no! I wouldn’t want to go back either. Were you in an accident? You don’t have to go into details if it brings on unpleasant memories.

• 03/01/2017 at 9:52 pm

No accident just a minor surgery that went bad…very bad.

Little Mari

Everything fashion, film, food, and travel

peekaboothisisjeru

From a dark home, To an empty soul, A hurt heart, Makes a writer gold.

My Online Empire

One = All = One

Brownite

A blog about news and current affairs.

The Sunshine Artist

Dream - Believe - Create

River of Word Flow

Rhymes and Reasons

Let's Picture ohio

Pictures taken on the Ohio Backroads..by Connetta jean

Post Scriptum Poets

Haikus Senryus and Tankas about anything and everything

Intel Analytics Academy

Here to help data enthusiasts

BAREFEET BARISTAS ARE PEERK'D!

lopsided humor, standup comedy and more...

The Mind Connectory

Breaking Down Mental Health Stigma

Andrew McDowell

An Author of Many Parts

Diabulus in Words

Horror, paranormal, gore, news, and fiction.

Wildly and Dangerously Free

Thoughts and Photographs from the West Coast

Blueberry Creative Designs

Blogging Tips | Tutorials | Printables & More!

Lit & heels

Poetics of fashion / beauty of writing / art of the world

Tips from Sharvi

Tips to make your daily life easier!

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.

Mirror Gate

The gate to the life of poetry