Tuesday Chatter Weekly

151965-Moments

While we’re having coffee, let’s take a break from what we can’t control. Sometimes pointless chatter can eventually take on a form of positive energy. The world is ours to keep. Let’s reap what we sow and sow what we reap.

Tidbits from the year 1972

1972, a sad year in history due to the Munich Olympics Terrorist attack, Governor George Wallace is shot. Also, many deaths due to inclement weather events –  earthquake destroys most of Bingol, Turkey – more than 1000 dead, 10,000 homeless, earthquake in southern Iraq – more than 5000 dead, Hurricane Agnes creates destruction in the states of Pa, NY, Md and Va – 117 dead, Earthquake in Nicaragua – 5,000-10,000 dead in the capital Managua.

The annual average income in the US is $11,500, and the average cost of a new house is $27,550. The cost of a gallon of gas is 55 cents for your Ford Pinto. which cost $2,078.

Mark Spitz wins 7 gold medals, the beginning of the Watergate scandal, world population 3.860 billion, US population 209,896,021, life expectancy 71.2 years. President Richard M. Nixon, VP Spiro T. Agnew.

Mother Nature has yet to design

Snapshot weather favoring mankind

Her fickle ways dictate our days

Her fickle ways dictate who pays

Camouflaged skies to survive the night

Her chameleon wardrobe can be a fright

And scorching costs appraise our loss

An iffy persona still displays who’s boss

Winds huffing and puffing, the roof undone

Spring has sprung birds songs are sung

The river is dry parched is our land

The sun rises and sets over golden sand

Stressed trees undressed and gossips stare

Beauty strikes gold fall’s in the air

Relentless cold the ground is numb

Snow angels frolic shaping winter fun

Mother Nature has yet to design

Tick the box and all will be fine

A puzzling spirit to never resign

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

girls turn into teenagers…a young lady turns into a woman, but, “LADYHOOD” (being the best version of yourself), is our journey.

Walking a New Beat – A Journey From Policing to Poetry

This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Ps 118.24

Mother Nature is the great equalizer. You can’t get away from it.- Christopher Heyerdahl
A lot of America is stressed by Mother Nature.- Max Baucus

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my other dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch3

27 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 03/20/2017 at 10:08 pm

Another stroll down memory lane – but I had forgotten the many tragedies of that year – and the forshadowing of those to come. Life expectancy 71.2 years jumped out at me.

Sorry to ring in with the negative but, in researching something else, I just learned that science has determined that – for the first time in the history of man’s existence – the life expectancy for the offspring of those alive today has gone DOWN – mostly due to the rise in toxins and pollutants as the result of missing or inadequate regulation. Credible genetic researchers are extremely concerned about human genetic mutations as a result of GMOs – especially about naturally occurring cross-pollination with RoundUp Ready crops. The science will blow your mind.

While we all need to stay centered and think positively, we ALSO need to become informed and be willing to step up and speak truth to power – repeatedly and often. America’s current administration clearly needs an education in science basics they are unlikely to undertake – so we must make it CLEAR how we need and expect them to vote on our behalf if they want to keep their jobs.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to educate a world!”

2. 03/21/2017 at 3:07 am

1972, a long time ago. I was 8 back then, and still remember watching the Eurovision Song Contest where we were represented by Sandra and Andres, singing a song called “if it’s about love” . We still had the “gulden” as a currency and not the euro. And The Osmonds with Crazy Horses was number one in the hit parade for weeks!

3. 03/21/2017 at 11:31 am

Interesting post and perspective. I can agree and disagree on points. That is what makes it interesting.

• 03/21/2017 at 9:24 pm

Yes, that is what makes the world go around. 😉

4. Tena Carr
    03/21/2017 at 12:24 pm

My Tuesday Chatter https://tenacarr.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/tuesday-chatter-march-21-2017/. Wishing all a blessed & wonderful week.

5. 03/21/2017 at 1:59 pm

Reblogged this on Sarah's Attic Of Treasures and commented:
    Life in 1972.

6. 03/21/2017 at 4:04 pm

Such a beautiful Poem Eugenia.. Mother Nature is always in charge and knows what she is doing.. 🙂
    “Mother Nature has yet to design
    Tick the box and all will be fine”

I trust All will be well in our world.. 🙂 Thank you for sharing your beauty in your thoughts.

• 03/21/2017 at 5:33 pm

Thank you for your lovely comment, Sue. I am glad you enjoyed it.

• 03/22/2017 at 5:36 am

Your poems are excellent and so descriptive they take upon mind journeys 🙂

• 03/22/2017 at 9:07 am

Thank you for your support, Patricia.

7. 03/21/2017 at 10:05 pm

The years have a lot in them and so much of it is forgotten. I know I have forgotten more than I remember. Thanks for posting a link to Day of Grace. Very nice of you.

• 03/22/2017 at 9:09 am

You are most welcome. It takes a while to get a new blog off the ground as I am experiencing with ThusNSuch. But it is fun to put our creativity to work.

8. 03/22/2017 at 8:35 am

I like the way you compile exact information, I remember only approximations. The poem is thought provoking.

• 03/23/2017 at 10:20 am

Thank you. I found some great sites with such interesting info about events in the past. I find it fun to compare to the current events of today.

9. 03/22/2017 at 5:09 pm

Love this..I recall the Timex watch I don’t think I ever got, but my sister sure got one. My first Wrangler jeans was one I remember, because I sold my mom’s poetry book door to door to buy it. Yes, memories, wow.

• 03/22/2017 at 6:37 pm

You’re not alone in your love for Wrangler jeans. I am still a major fan of jeans and since I retired, jeans are my wardrobe staple. Any brand will do, as long as they are reasonably priced, fit well and no holes. 🙂

Get Styled.

Keep it stylish.💕

Viața

O zi minunată!

*UNBREAKABLE QUEEN'S LIFE LESSONS DIARY*

Breaking Free From The Past, In Hope For A Bigger & Brighter Future

BOOKIVERSE

Exploring the Bookish Universe

THE DREAM MAKER

Poem and motivational stories

One Woman's Quest

Passion for writing ignites my soul's momentum

PopBopRocktilUDrop

From the Land of Band Box Records

History Present

History Understood In Its Present

knitting with heart

. . . luv 'n stitches for our tired old world

thirty n' wordy

30 something. Mother of two. Treading the waters between Motherhood and self discovery.

BY THE LEFT HAND...

Brett Kristian

🌹SecretGarden🌹

A Memoir Of A Lone Girl

O at the Edges

Musings on poetry, language, perception, numbers, food, and anything else that slips through the cracks.

Oscar Hokeah

Kiowa/Cherokee

Renata Shen

high school actor-journalist from New England who posts travel-lifestyle

Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom

Welcome to Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom. Where Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie shares her words of wisdom and passion for writing.

Ellenbest24

words and scribble.

The World Is a Tea Party Site

FREE to you! No PAY WALL! Well-researched, up-to-date info on tea and more!

Been there, done that...

my stories, opinions, and suggestions about becoming whole.