Tuesday Chatter Weekly

73747-Guitar-By-Morning-Light

The coffee is hot, bold and strong. Let’s sit a spell and discuss what’s right and what’s wrong. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those thought-provoking chats.

Tidbits from the year 1973

1973 was an interesting year for politics, sports, and music. Watergate hearings begin in the U.S., President Nixon tells the nation “I am not a crook”, Vice President Spiro Agnew resigns due to dealing with charges of tax evasion, Gerald Ford replaced Spiro Agnew, and later became president after President Nixon resigned. The Bahamas gains independence from Great Britain.

Skylab, the United States’ first space station, is launched, the Sears Tower opens in Chicago,

US dollar devalues 10%, the average cost of a new house $32,500, average income per year $12,900, average month rent $175, a gallon of gas 40 cents, a dozen eggs 45 cents. Inflation is causing problems in people’s lives in the US and the UK with much of this is due to OPEC Oil price increases.

“Aloha from Hawaii” featuring Elvis Presley was watched by one billion people worldwide, UK band, Pink Floyd released their 8th album, Dark Side of the Moon, UK artist, Elton John has #1 album in the US and UK.

Some of the top singles in the US and the UK – The Rolling Stones – Angie, Tony Orlando and Dawn-Tie a Yellow Ribbon ’round the Old Oak Tree, Elton John – Crocodile Rock, Roberta Flack – Killing Me Softly With His Song, Carly Simon – You’re So Vain, Stevie Wonder – Superstition.

The world not yet lulled into a waltz

Confusion blurs who talks the talk

Blank pages penned who walks the walk

Tedious steps hit the road

Reminds us life not tied with a bow

Despite our cries, prices still rise

To most this comes as no surprise

Oil is gold and gold is oil

Creates rigors of pain and endless toil

Harmonious thoughts still adrift

Mankind’s journey a repetitive tiff

US Supreme Court takes the stage

with its ruling on Roe vs Wade

Puzzled unfolding skeptical untolding

Repeat after me, life’s a gift

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C46

The Happy Quitter

It started when I gave up smoking and went from there!

The Cat’s Write

The nine main stereotypes of writers – with cats.

Life Happens at the Carrs

“Honk Honk”… Meanwhile back at the …

Social Underground

Life. Love. The Human Condition.

Flying Through Water

I’m a cruelty-free consumer and I’m passionate about equal rights for all.

Please stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my other blog dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 03/27/2017 at 10:03 am

Wow all of these events came flooding back to me! I remember watching the watergate trial all summer and not be happy that regular tv was off! haha Also Billy Jean King and her big game! Wonderful Chatter xx

2. 03/27/2017 at 10:38 am

Reblogged this on When Angels Fly.

3. 03/27/2017 at 1:05 pm

Was that tennis match really so long ago? So many years have passed, much has changed and yet, sportswomen are still fighting sexual harassment, bullying and in many sports the right to compete on equal terms. Women cyclists, for instance, are still fighting to have their own Grand Tours and not merely a very watered down version of one of the men’s stages. Sorry if this means nothing to you, we are keen cycling fans in this family!

• 03/27/2017 at 2:33 pm

I agree and yes, women still are not enjoying full-fledged sports with all of the bells and whistles that men have. We’ve made strides but we still have a long way to go. So you are cycling fans – I bet that is fun and thank you for supporting our women athletes.

4. 03/27/2017 at 1:43 pm

Life is a great gift nut doesn’t it seem the longer we live that everything old is new again?

• 03/27/2017 at 2:34 pm

Yes, and some of it is good and some of it is not so good. 😱

5. 03/27/2017 at 7:25 pm

I can hear it now…. ‘tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree’………. Loved that song! Diane

6. 03/27/2017 at 7:57 pm

Wow 😳!!!
    So amazing 😉..

Those were the great times..

I went back with you..,
    And relive all of those events..

That was a lifetime ago though ..
    so much has changed and happens since…

7. 03/28/2017 at 1:28 pm

To a Chicagoan, it will always be the Sears Tower, just like the department store with the big green clock will always be Marshall Field’s.

• 03/28/2017 at 1:50 pm

I am saddened about the Sears of today. I liked the concept of the store.

• 03/28/2017 at 2:04 pm

It was one of the first mail-order catalog companies, along with Montgomery Ward’s. Both based in Chicago, both doing business by mail order. They were places you could literally get anything you needed, and both stood behind their products. A friend of mine who grew up in Indiana said his family always shopped there because of that promise they had above every door: Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back. Their catalog had everything from lingerie to water heaters, and their stores had people who knew the products and could answer any question you had about them. Retail has gone downhill so quickly since then.

8. 03/28/2017 at 10:42 pm

The songs you mention were favorites of mine. I rarely listen to contemporary music anymore except for what is on Pandora and then only instrumentals. I like the Tuesday Chatter Cafe badge. I used it for my link back here. Ok?

• 03/28/2017 at 10:53 pm

Perfect. I’m glad you like my cafe and made good use of it. I listen to oldies – mostly classical rock. Thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter.

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

Best Life Facts

To Feel Good From Your Head To Your Feet Keep A Healthy Heart Beat

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space

Random Writings

Random Thoughts

A thousand thoughts

Aubrey's Arch

A Complete Circle, An Oracle’s Virtue

Reflections!

Through My Lens...

A Fine Balance

All the linked posts under this blog are an outcome of my observations about the things that often go unnoticed and the things that are often taken for granted.

Islamic Dua Istikhara

Get paak Islamic Dua and Istikhara for Your Daily Life problems

But I Smile Anyway...

Musings and memories, words and wisdom... of a working family woman