Tuesday Chatter Weekly

111730-Clouds-Rolling-In

The coffee’s brewing! Let’s have a cuppa, relax and discuss this and that. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those chats.

Another year of oddities and surprises

piggy banks in the red can’t buy bread

There’s no salvation as we face inflation

There’s global recession a dawning of depression

Patty Hearst kidnappers want to help the poor

in the year nineteen seventy-four

Mother nature dittos her wrath

angered winds leave a destructive path

Yep, the weather continues to amaze

fickleness is obvious its intent is hazed

The population grows so do our woes

Invasions, famines, strikes, and disease

Sadly, Mother earth has skinned her knees

but there’s reason to raise our banner

we’ve invented the MRI scanner

The clock may say it’s in charge

but our journeys in time still at large

Tidbits of the year 1974

Pocket calculators start to appear in shops, the first use of UPC scanner installed in Marshes Supermarket in Troy Ohio, work begins on the 800 miles long Alaska Oil pipeline in the US, 55 MPH Speed Limit imposed to preserve gas usage US-wide, President Gerald Ford gives unconditional pardon to Richard Nixon.

People grew tired of wars in the 1960s and the music changed from the rebelliousness of those times to happier music of the 70s into the 80s. Dancing, dance clubs and the need for having a good time was a refuge for minds tired of the unrest.

Seasons in the Sun-Terry Jacks, The Way We Were-Barbra Streisand, Bernie and the Jack-Elton John, The Streak-Ray Stevens, Time in a Bottle-Jim Croce, You’re Sixteen-Ringo Starr, Band on the Run-Paul McCartney and Wings, Dark Lady-Cher.

“Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. ” ― Maya Angelou

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C46

The Blog of Self-Published Author Dominic Sceski

The Travelling Diary of a Dippy-Dotty Girl

I’m a writer by trade and artist by passion.

Please visit your fellow bloggers

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

34141-Color-Smoke4

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

31 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 04/03/2017 at 9:34 am

I remember 1974 so well.. I was then 20.. 🙂 And it is Tuesday where you are already?? lol..
    Good to see Tom’s Candle too…
    Wishing you a wonderful week.. Love and Hugs Sue ❤

2. 04/03/2017 at 10:02 am

1974 was a year of change for us. We picked up stakes in New York (where gas prices were rising and gas lines were becoming the norm) and moved to Maine with two young daughters and a desire to become self-sufficient farmers. 🙂

3. 04/03/2017 at 10:05 am

Reblogged this on When Angels Fly.

4. 04/03/2017 at 10:24 am

This gives me much information that i had no idea about! I wasn’t born yet in 1974, so some of these things are new to me! Great job on the poem by the way!

5. 04/03/2017 at 11:23 am

Another fun Tuesday Chatter! Have a great day!

6. 04/03/2017 at 4:20 pm

I was six years old in 1974, Eugenia, although I don’t recall any of the facts here! That said, I don’t really remember much else from that year either! 😀

• 04/03/2017 at 10:41 pm

Even those that are older than you don’t remember much about that year either. We were on our way to happier times. 🙃 Thank you for commenting.

7. 04/03/2017 at 5:36 pm

Those are beautiful lines and songs from the 70s and 80s just get me. Maybe because I am an 80s’ child? 🙂 Thank you, Eugenia. This is lovely of you. I shall definitely catch up with the blogs you have featured here. Cheers.

8. 04/03/2017 at 7:52 pm

Wow this is one of your most powerful posts yet. I loved reading it .

9. 04/04/2017 at 12:49 am

Oh Wow!
    Awesome poem!

10. 04/04/2017 at 6:32 am

Wow. I loved the poem and the reminder of what went down in ’74, the year before I was born.

I write poetry and prose over on my blog. Here’s a link to my latest post… https://anotherwisemonkey.wordpress.com/2017/04/02/after-dinner/#more-3074

😊

11. 04/04/2017 at 12:47 pm

REALLY SOUNDS GD

12. 04/05/2017 at 2:21 am

A provocative poem. You pulled in so many bits here to think about. Indeed as Earth’s population density increases so seems our earthly troubles and with all the advancement things don’t get easier, they simply morph into something else.

• 04/05/2017 at 11:27 am

Wow, you are spot on with your comment. You would think with our advanced technology, the world would be a better place, but not necessarily so in a lot of ways

w

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

a inspiraars

Paintbrush Says.... a story of who you are!

moviewarden.wordpress.com/

Motion-picture Reviews

Rich Briere & Oakley's Ghost

Sonic Laden Tales of the Swamp Dwellers

The Hunt And Peck Blog

Take a deep breath

Revolutionary Musings

My everyday thoughts as they come to me

Ushma Patel

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.

Marnie Writes

Books, Writing, and Food

The Flawddess

That Old School and Hopeless Romantic Girl Who Still Believes In Fairytales..!!💟

The Mad Puppeteer

Warden of Words // Shaper of Stories

Comedy FESTIVAL

Film and Writing Festival for Comedy. Showcasing best of comedy short films at the FEEDBACK Film Festival. Plus, showcasing best of comedy novels, short stories, poems, screenplays (TV, short, feature) at the festival performed by professional actors.

From Private to Public

Give a teacher a pencil, and they'll write a masterpiece...or at least tell you they did.

Darswords

Musings about Havenverse

The Musing Quill

A Blog on Writing, Poetry, Short Stories and Books.

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

Fmme writes poems

This is a space for me to write, share my words and play with poetry. You are very welcome here.