Tuesday Chatter 75

195071-Mirage

The coffee’s brewing! Let’s have a cuppa, relax and discuss this and that. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those chats.

1975, that magical year that Space Mountain opened at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. I lived in Orlando at that time and what an impact Disney had on a once sleepy little city. Disney was new, exciting and fun. There were an abundance of new jobs and in fact, that is when I got into modeling and even got a few roles of being an extra in commercials. I loved all that Disney had to offer and tried to go there as much as I could.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been there for several years and would love to go back there someday. I can just imagine the many changes that have taken place since I have been there.

C30

No signs of salvation for growing inflation

Unwelcoming swarms of this and that

Chinwags at stake albeit conspiracy and Watergate

Patty Hearst most wanted but not wanting

Where’s Jimmy Hoffa tops the most haunting

Defined success Bill Gates and Microsoft

He and Paul Allen have smarts in their loft

Wars, famine, and oil brings our blood to a boil

Our souls they toil yet don’t own the soil

Ideas in destination but blanketed by foil

But mounds of zounds! We got our sounds!

Musical marvels never lets us down

Elton and, Lucy in the sky, are the talk of the town

Diamonds fall like rain onto the palsy-walsy ground

I want to live on Disney’s Space Mountain

Coins of gold and my youth harbored in a fountain

Yep, all that goes on will keep us strong

What’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong

Life’s lemons in our tea will keep us alive

And hopefully, survive nineteen seventy-five

-Eugenia

“Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.”― Maya Angelou

The cost of a gallon of gas was 44 cents, the average cost of new car $4,250.00, average cost of new house $39,300.00, average Income per year $14,100.00, average monthly rent $200.00, and you can buy a pair of Foster Grant sunglasses for $5.00. What are they today $20.00 or more?

US Department of Interior designates grizzly bear a threatened species, BIC launches first disposable Razor, Motorolla obtains a patent for the first portable mobile phone, Work on the Alaskan Oil Line begins, Microsoft becomes a registered trademark, the personal computer invented by Microsoft US.

Bruce Springsteen releases his third album, Born To Run, Eagles’ “Best of My Love” reaches #1, Saturday Night Live debuts on NBC, popular films-Jaws, The Towering Inferno, Benji, John Lennon releases “Rock ‘n’ Roll” album, popular musicians-Minnie Riperton, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, David Bowie “Fame”.

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafe

Art doesn’t have to be worthy to be worth sharing

Read these lines. They already read you.

Different but not broken

A Melange, a Miscellany, a Mishmash – of memories, reflections and comments

A Mobile Photography Blog

logo-bebee

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

C34

25 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 75

1. 04/10/2017 at 10:47 pm

1975. I graduated from high school, was madly in love for the first time, and still couldn’t talk my parents into letting me become a farm vet.

• 04/11/2017 at 10:48 am

Wow, a farm vet. That would be cool.

• 04/11/2017 at 12:42 pm

I had to laugh because my parents were worried about me working on large animals. Then I ended up working on our boys’ ponies, sheep, and other critters on the farm anyway. But for free!

2. 04/11/2017 at 12:19 am

This has brought back some memories Eugenia. It was the year I became a stroppy teenager. I learnt the words to LSD and sang it to my parents as they were blissfully unaware it was about drugs. It was good to read about what was going on in the USA at the time. Thanks for the memory jog 🙂

3. 04/11/2017 at 8:13 am

And, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead (Saturday Night Live).

• 04/11/2017 at 10:36 am

Yes, he was 82 – evidently Democracy was established soon after his death.

4. 04/11/2017 at 9:17 am

Wow this takes me back! Your Tuesday chatter looking back is so much fun.

5. Tena Carr
    04/11/2017 at 10:31 am
  6. 04/11/2017 at 11:21 am

This Tuesday chatter looks exciting with all the old memories brewing. 🙂

7. 04/11/2017 at 6:17 pm

Tuesday chatter cafe seems so much fun.

8. 04/11/2017 at 9:57 pm

Facts of times and place done in such a melody of words…. Diane

9. 04/11/2017 at 10:25 pm

After reading this I tried to remember something from 1975. Absolutely nothing comes to mind. I know there was a 1975 and I know I was alive in it…but it is a blank. Hmmm.

10. 04/12/2017 at 7:51 am

YES! Fire and passion. This made me rise up with emotion. A highly charged and passionate piece. High five to you, my friend with a wee sting 😉😉

11. 04/12/2017 at 8:57 am

This made me smile and brought back a memory. Several years back – 5 years ago – we visited Disney and my children didn’t want to leave. My daughter begged for permission to live there 🙂

12. 04/16/2017 at 3:05 pm

You know how much we love going to Disney World. It is indeed a magical place!

• 04/16/2017 at 4:28 pm

Yes, it is a completely different world. I love it.

13. 04/20/2017 at 4:26 am

Wow this takes me back! Your Tuesday gab thinking back is so much fun…

• 04/20/2017 at 9:55 am

Why thank you! I am so glad you enjoy it.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

By Alanna Pass

Saranya

Normal thoughts but unique view

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent