Tuesday Chatter Weekly

195071-Mirage

The coffee’s brewing! Let’s have a cuppa, relax and discuss this and that. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those chats.

Tidbits from the year 1975

1975, that magical year that Space Mountain opened at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. I lived in Orlando at that time and what an impact Disney had on a once sleepy little city. Disney was new, exciting and fun. There was an abundance of new jobs and in fact, it’s when I got started with modeling and I even snagged a few parts as an extra in commercials.

No signs of salvation for growing inflation

Unwelcoming swarms of this and that

Chinwags at stake albeit conspiracy and Watergate

Patty Hearst most wanted but not wanting

Where’s Jimmy Hoffa tops the most haunting

Defined success Bill Gates and Microsoft

He and Paul Allen have smarts in their loft

Wars, famine, and oil brings our blood to a boil

Our souls they toil yet don’t own the soil

Ideas in the destination but blanketed by foil

But mounds of zounds! We got our sounds!

Musical marvels never let us down

Elton and, Lucy in the sky, are the talk of the town

Diamonds fall like rain onto the palsy-walsy ground

I want to live on Disney’s Space Mountain

Coins of gold and my youth harbored in a fountain

Yep, all that goes on will keep us strong

What’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong

Life’s lemons in our tea will keep us alive

And hopefully, survive nineteen seventy-five

“Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.”― Maya Angelou

US Department of Interior designates grizzly bear a threatened species, BIC launches first disposable Razor, Motorolla obtains a patent for the first portable mobile phone, Work on the Alaskan Oil Line begins, Microsoft becomes a registered trademark, the personal computer invented by Microsoft US.

Bruce Springsteen releases his third album, Born To Run, Eagles’ “Best of My Love” reaches #1, Saturday Night Live debuts on NBC, popular films-Jaws, The Towering Inferno, Benji, John Lennon releases “Rock ‘n’ Roll” album, popular musicians-Minnie Riperton, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, David Bowie “Fame”.

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C46

Art doesn’t have to be worthy to be worth sharing

Read these lines. They already read you.

Different but not broken

A Melange, a Miscellany, a Mishmash – of memories, reflections, and comments

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my other blog dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch3Eugenia

25 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 04/10/2017 at 10:47 pm

1975. I graduated from high school, was madly in love for the first time, and still couldn’t talk my parents into letting me become a farm vet.

• 04/11/2017 at 10:48 am

Wow, a farm vet. That would be cool.

• 04/11/2017 at 12:42 pm

I had to laugh because my parents were worried about me working on large animals. Then I ended up working on our boys’ ponies, sheep, and other critters on the farm anyway. But for free!

2. 04/11/2017 at 12:19 am

This has brought back some memories Eugenia. It was the year I became a stroppy teenager. I learnt the words to LSD and sang it to my parents as they were blissfully unaware it was about drugs. It was good to read about what was going on in the USA at the time. Thanks for the memory jog 🙂

3. 04/11/2017 at 8:13 am

And, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead (Saturday Night Live).

• 04/11/2017 at 10:36 am

Yes, he was 82 – evidently Democracy was established soon after his death.

4. 04/11/2017 at 9:17 am

Wow this takes me back! Your Tuesday chatter looking back is so much fun.

5. Tena Carr
    04/11/2017 at 10:31 am
  6. 04/11/2017 at 11:21 am

This Tuesday chatter looks exciting with all the old memories brewing. 🙂

7. 04/11/2017 at 6:17 pm

Tuesday chatter cafe seems so much fun.

8. 04/11/2017 at 9:57 pm

Facts of times and place done in such a melody of words…. Diane

9. 04/11/2017 at 10:25 pm

After reading this I tried to remember something from 1975. Absolutely nothing comes to mind. I know there was a 1975 and I know I was alive in it…but it is a blank. Hmmm.

10. 04/12/2017 at 7:51 am

YES! Fire and passion. This made me rise up with emotion. A highly charged and passionate piece. High five to you, my friend with a wee sting 😉😉

11. 04/12/2017 at 8:57 am

This made me smile and brought back a memory. Several years back – 5 years ago – we visited Disney and my children didn’t want to leave. My daughter begged for permission to live there 🙂

12. 04/16/2017 at 3:05 pm

You know how much we love going to Disney World. It is indeed a magical place!

• 04/16/2017 at 4:28 pm

Yes, it is a completely different world. I love it.

13. 04/20/2017 at 4:26 am

Wow this takes me back! Your Tuesday gab thinking back is so much fun…

• 04/20/2017 at 9:55 am

Why thank you! I am so glad you enjoy it.

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Perceptions Unplugged

Read, Think & Write

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

♥️Off Duty Nurse ♥️

Melody Chen

Word-Experimentalist

My experience

digital banega village

Mihran Kalaydjian's Official Blog

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. Billy Wilder

Short Ramblings