A Timeless Face

§106630-Moving-Circle

A clock with no face encroaching on my place

It sleepwalks through space with no set pace

It has lost all time must be a quarter of nine

A puzzled black hole transcribes its soul

Search engines seek its face, an ultimate goal

in-other-words1

This week the event is to Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word place. Please drop by and join the fun at Patricia’s Place

31 comments for “A Timeless Face

1. 04/19/2017 at 3:04 pm

Big smiles to your words dear Eugenia… Very Hypnotic … In every sense.. ❤

2. 04/19/2017 at 3:05 pm

Terrific!

3. 04/19/2017 at 8:53 pm

Well done.. I don’t know where you get your ideas from? A clock with no face !!! Diane

• 04/20/2017 at 6:52 pm

Thank you, Diane. Sometimes, I don’t know where my ideas come from either. They just decide to show up. 🙂

4. 04/19/2017 at 11:45 pm

How fascinating that your response to the word “place” was a description of “noplace” – and out of time as well. VERY creative. Loved the graphic too – hypnotic.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• 04/20/2017 at 6:53 pm

Thank you so much, Madelyn. I appreciate you reading and commenting.

• 04/21/2017 at 3:49 pm

This has been a crazy couple of weeks for me, Eugenia – a week of ill health followed by a week of WordPress glitches – so I feel really bad that I’m still playing catch up on my visits around the blog-o-verse. Perhaps the weekend will be a bit kinder to my schedule – lol. 🙂

Thanks for reading and commenting here meanwhile!
        xx,
        mgh

• 04/21/2017 at 7:24 pm

Oh my. I hope you are feeling better. 💐

• 04/21/2017 at 8:09 pm

MUCH better, Eugenia – thank you for caring.
        xx,
        mgh

• 04/22/2017 at 9:49 am

😃

5. 04/20/2017 at 10:34 pm

Sometimes I wish the clock didn’t have a face and its pace would be more to my liking. You do make me think when reading your imaginative writings. Thanks for linking to In Other Words.

• 04/21/2017 at 10:17 am

Yes, me too. Clocks bring on too much reality. Our moment in time will never repeat itself and clocks are to blame. 🙂 Thank you for reading and commenting.

6. 04/21/2017 at 10:51 am

Is time real or a figment of our imagination? Eugenia. Is the image on your clock moving forwards or backwards? Your words have started some interesting thoughts.

• 04/21/2017 at 11:47 am

Sometimes I believe time is a figment of our imagination or is it something real that we don’t want to acknowledge, Thank you for commenting.

7. 04/21/2017 at 11:48 pm

Your place or mine
    Forever will be
    Where we both reside
    Happily 😊😉🌼

8. 04/22/2017 at 9:12 am

My kind of clock! Ha!

9. 04/22/2017 at 12:54 pm

Thanks for the follow 🙂

10. 04/23/2017 at 1:43 pm

I like the imagery and phrasing here.
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

11. 05/03/2017 at 6:10 am

Hello Eugenia .. how can i write for Millionaire’s Digest?

12. 06/06/2017 at 12:16 pm

Beautiful and innovative poem .A clock with no face 👌

w

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

a inspiraars

Paintbrush Says.... a story of who you are!

moviewarden.wordpress.com/

Motion-picture Reviews

Rich Briere & Oakley's Ghost

Sonic Laden Tales of the Swamp Dwellers

The Hunt And Peck Blog

Take a deep breath

Revolutionary Musings

My everyday thoughts as they come to me

Ushma Patel

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.

Marnie Writes

Books, Writing, and Food

The Flawddess

That Old School and Hopeless Romantic Girl Who Still Believes In Fairytales..!!💟

The Mad Puppeteer

Warden of Words // Shaper of Stories

Comedy FESTIVAL

Film and Writing Festival for Comedy. Showcasing best of comedy short films at the FEEDBACK Film Festival. Plus, showcasing best of comedy novels, short stories, poems, screenplays (TV, short, feature) at the festival performed by professional actors.

From Private to Public

Give a teacher a pencil, and they'll write a masterpiece...or at least tell you they did.

Darswords

Musings about Havenverse

The Musing Quill

A Blog on Writing, Poetry, Short Stories and Books.

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

Fmme writes poems

This is a space for me to write, share my words and play with poetry. You are very welcome here.