Tuesday Chatter 77

141933-Paramore-Music-Gif

Hmmm, there’s nothing better than a thought-provoking chat over a great cuppa coffee. Let’s talk about this and that and figure out where it’s at or do we really want to know?

While the first Apple computer goes on sale, the New York Yankees are the World Series champions and the Oakland Raiders are the Super Bowl XI champions. Seattle Slew wins the Kentucky Derby. Jimmy Carter President of United States tells Americans that they must consider making changes in their oil consumption. The first oil travels through the Trans-Alaskan Oil Pipeline.

The average Cost of new house $49,300.00, average annual income $15,000.00, the average monthly rent $240.00 and gas per gallon was 65 cents.

I was still enjoying being single and hitting the dance clubs.  I loved jumpsuits and owned several of them. I believe this fashion trend has tried to make a come back a few times but with any fashion trend, fickleness plays a major role.

There were several sex symbols and fashion icons in 1977 – perhaps you remember Dolly Parton, Cheryl Ladd, Mary Tyler Moore, Jane Seymour, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Diane Keaton just to name a few.  I was and I am still a fan of Diane Keaton.  “La-dee-da, la-dee-da.”- Diane Keaton, in Annie Hall. She just oozes star quality, in my opinion. And hey, you’re welcome to chime in with your favorites.

C30

Hey, was it seven-eleven in nineteen seventy-seven?

When the US population hit 216 million

Do we connect the dots to reach one zillion?

We’re minus a legend, yep just do the math

Sentenced to absentia while navigating life’s path

“Elvis has left the building”, a star-studded crooner

Played his last encore for woebegone swooners

The world of music lost its soul

when the hip wiggling King left rock and roll

Now we got Star Wars for our filmgoer fans

We flocked to the cinemas in our VW vans

Chia pets and sheeple learn life’s not tied with a bow

The New York City Blackout literally steals the show

Welcome the hip hop genre and punk rock bands

Their hot new music is filling the stands

Barbie’s got a motor home, a dune buggy, and a bike

My BMW’s in a cardboard garage that has no lights

You gotta tip the waitress while you’re at the disco

Or she’ll say toodle-oo and become a no show

-Eugenia

31626-Elvis-Listening-To-Music

Elvis Aaron Presley

Jan. 8. 1935 – Aug. 16, 1977

“Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ’em all together, I guess.”
Elvis Presley

TC Cafe

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

“I Know We Will All Be Stories Someday”…

CD-W, Author Flawed to Perfection

Never miss a new Story

I am Susan. Wife to the love of my life Michael and mommy of two beautiful children; Gary 7 and Michele 5. Been married for almost 9 beautiful years!

Trust the wisdom of your soul because it knows the way to your happiness.

logo-bebee

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event where you can leave the link to your blog, giving others a chance to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. So long from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

C25

24 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 77

1. 04/24/2017 at 1:02 pm

What an interetsing year! Loved this Tuesday chatter, nice poem xx

2. 04/24/2017 at 9:00 pm

That was a fascinating read. Hearing about the 70s – the cost of living, houses, Jimmy Carter…who knew where the world would be in 40 years…and here we are. 🙂 Good stuff here.

3. 04/25/2017 at 4:20 am

1977.. I had a jumpsuit too, tight and bright blue. And I felt really beautiful wearing it! Thanks for the memories!

4. 04/25/2017 at 4:37 am

Nice poem, Eugenia. Thanks for sharing Have a great Tuesday. 😉

5. 04/25/2017 at 6:13 am

I remember this year very well.. Especially the passing of Elvis… My second child my daughter was two months old. And my best friend from my work days was inconsolable at the news of Elvis’s death.. When we worked together the wall at the side of where she sat was plastered with huge posters of Elvis… Wishing you a Very Happy Tuesday.. And a Peaceful rest of the week..
    Blessings
    Sue 💜

• 04/25/2017 at 8:29 am

Thank you for reading and commenting, Sue. Many people were in denial with the passing of Elvis. Different times, for sure. Have a great week. 🌻

• 04/25/2017 at 10:58 am

Thank you for keeping me in the loop with your weekly news and thank you for linking to Tuesday Chatter.

6. 04/25/2017 at 1:37 pm

Ah…. The Apple computer advent rings positively as it became a quick cure for my sloppy handwriting.

• 04/25/2017 at 3:59 pm

Yes, I can relate. I used to have nice penmanship until computers came along. Now, I feel it’s sloppy. I’m spoiled by computers, phones, and tablets. Oh well. 🙂

7. 04/26/2017 at 6:15 am

The poetic adaptation of chronicles is beautiful! I had just entered college, wearing bell-bottomed pants and large glares. It was the age of flower children.

8. 04/27/2017 at 1:03 pm

I’m giggling and thank you for giving me your unique extraordinary Eugenia Tuesday chatter.

9. 04/27/2017 at 1:03 pm

Oops it’s daisy lol x

10. 04/27/2017 at 10:08 pm

I’m running terribly behind on the Senior Salon posts this week, but I had to make time for yours.

I jumped on the jumpsuit craze VERY early and, like you, had several by the time 1977 rolled around. I always loved them — until it came time to go to the bathroom, that is 🙂 Stripping down in a public restroom was probably the main reason they’ve never really made a come-back.

I was aware of the Apple debut and one of my besties was an early adapter there, but stayed “IBM” because I am a keyboarder and didn’t want to mouse around. I switched to Apple the minute windoze came out, thinking that if I had to take my hands off the keyboard to toady to everyone else’s love for a graphic interface, it might as well be on a stable platform. Once Mac you never go back?

LOVE these retrospectives. Thanks for putting them together. Oh yeah, and ANY conversation goes great with a cuppa Joe – essential for those that are NOT thought provoking, IMHO. 🙂
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to educate a world!”

• 04/27/2017 at 10:24 pm

Yes, jumpsuits probably didn’t make a come back for the reason you stated. Perhaps someone can come up with a better design. I’ve never tried a Mac- maybe someday. 💐

• 04/27/2017 at 10:40 pm

Don’t buy the bs about how “intuitive” they are – but all of their software retains a similar user interface, so once you’ve got it, you’ve got it. They rarely crash, and don’t attract viruses etc. Lots of reasons to love ’em (except price, of course!)
        xx,
        mgh

11. 04/28/2017 at 9:17 am

I guess it is all in what you get use to. I used Windows for years and haven’t had any major problems. When my computer crashed it was fairly easy to bring it back to life because of Windows 10 and their innovative ideas. I’ve had only 2 computers crash during my computer career, which is not too bad.

I was checking out several applications for digital art and I believe this was the cause of the crash. All is well now. 🌻

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A Frank Angle

Thoughts from the Inner Mind

The Flowers of Art

In the kingdom of life, with the strokes of the brush, the bow and the pen, artists have sowed their hearts to contrive, fields rivalling in beauty the Garden of Eden.

Scenic Writer's Shack

Words. Wares. Woomph.

unbelsorrisodallitalia.wordpress.com/

意大利旅居記事簿:來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To

Joy's Travel

Leben im Ausland (Life in abroad)

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

Elusive Mummers

who get lost between sighs and restless nights.

Truth Troubles

Why people hate the truths of the world.

Earthpages.org

The Real Alternative

Saved By Words

When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her. Adrienne Rich

Blog de companie

Words are dangerous tools. You need the User Manual.

The Rilke Project

Conversations With a Young Poet

Smile

Because You're Beautiful.. :)

Meraki Forever

Put All Of You❤Thats MERAKI

Insights from "Inside"

Sunshine on Razor Wire: perspectives from "inside"

Tabarka Rajab