Tuesday Chatter Weekly

115323-Purple-Glitter-Music

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe, where there’s nothing better than a thought-provoking chat over a great cuppa coffee. Let’s talk about this and that and figure out where it’s at or do we really want to know? Undoubtedly, certainty is doubtful.

Ronald Regan elected President of the US, Japan becomes the world’s largest auto producing country, Mariel boat lift a mass exodus of political refugees from Cuba to the US, Post-it notes make their debut in US stores, Beatle John Lennon is shot to death, the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas is destroyed by fire, 30% of US car sales are imports. CNN becomes the first 24 hr news station, Mount St. Helens erupts on May 18th in Washington killing 57, Hurricane Allen makes landfall on Haiti and Jamaica, first ever natural birth in captivity of a Giant panda in Mexico

Average cost of new house $68,700.00, average income per year $19,500.00, average monthly rent $300.00, cost of a gallon of gas $1.19, average cost new car $7,200.00

Latest Census – US Population is 226,504,825

Were you a fan of the TV soap opera series Dallas? If so you may remember 1980 was the year that millions of viewers tuned in to see who shot the lead character, J.R. Ewing.  The TV series Dallas aired from 1978 to 1991with 356 episodes.  I am not a person that watches much TV but this show held my interest for some time. I’ve included the link to the IMDb site featuring Dallas if you’re interested in reading about the series.

1980 was a sad year in music due to the loss of John Lennon. He was murdered by a crazed fan outside his Manhattan apartment. He was 40 years old – wow, too soon for such a talented artist.

There were some hot musical groups in 1980 from the UK and the US. I remember ABBA, Pink Floyd, Blondie, David Bowie, K.C. and The Sunshine Band, AC/DC, and Queen just to name a few. I saw K.C. and The Sunshine Band in concert at Disney World. Everyone was dancing to their contagious beat. I still get up and dance when I hear “Get Down Tonight”, “That’s the way I Like It”. and Shake Your Booty. Their combination of funk, R&B and disco are timeless.

C30

Nineteen eighty, a seesaw year

Nine to five lives switch to second gear

Voyager 1 eyes Janus while cruising in space

The clock an hour late yet has no face

Regan’s a winner in the Presidential race

The journey through life’s a mighty cool ride

Paper doll people learning how to high five

Selfies not yet for that keepsake shot

The ante must be hefty to sweeten the pot

Gotta be sure to use a wide angle lens

So the world can see that Mercedes Benz

Holy moly and needles and pins

Mt. Helen spews messing up the sky

We lost John Lennon the guitar gently cried

Another misstep in life and don’t know why

Bitter ideas should roll around in the mouth

Before fractured thoughts hitchhike to the south

Why is life’s show and tell the same old song

When the show’s over there’s no righting the wrong

-Eugenia

bbl19

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun!

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C46

Stop in and say hello!

This blog is actually a journey. My life and my passion about travelling

Journal of my Life!

Beauty & Lifestyle

Twerk it, Quirk it, Work it

From the Realm of Royal Family

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, which can give others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to wrap up this chat. Buh-bye from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

C25

14 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/15/2017 at 12:19 pm

Dallas!!! Must-see series every week, kids in bed, hb at work. No video recorder then, so no visitors or phonecalls allowed! 😄 And because no internet, no spoilers either.

2. 05/15/2017 at 2:46 pm

1980 was a good year, I thought.

• 05/15/2017 at 6:16 pm

Yes, I agree. Things were simpler then.

3. 05/16/2017 at 6:46 am

Wow! I remember all of these things! So many happy memories as I read your post! Dallas was such a fun show to watch! I tried hard to never miss an episode!

• 05/16/2017 at 9:38 am

I’m so glad you my post brought you happy memories. Yes, Dallas was a great show – never a dull moment and so full of drama.

4. Tena Carr
    05/16/2017 at 8:23 am

Happy Tuesday, Eugenia. Just got my Tuesday Chatter done. The 80’s were that time that I grew up in – my teen years. I well remember St. Helens who can forget that (especially if you lived in the Pacific Northwest).

• 05/16/2017 at 9:01 am

Happy Tuesday, Tena. I didn’t live anywhere near St. Helens and can only imagine how bad it was. All of that ash in the air. Yikes!

• Tena Carr
        05/16/2017 at 11:48 am

I still remember the ash all over the ground – and I lived in Oregon (it was in Washington State).

5. 05/16/2017 at 9:04 am

Nine to Five lives switch to second gear. What a great line Eugenia. I think we must be in fifth gear by now 🙂

• 05/16/2017 at 9:45 am

Thanks, Davy. Yeah, I agree about being in fifth gear! Thought-provoking to say the least.

6. 07/05/2017 at 10:41 pm

I had to translate Dallas for my aunt every Friday night when I was nine, when I really wanted to watch Falcon Crest. 😃 Learned to appreciate Dallas when we were in Europe. Best part was, I was hanging out in this café / bar in Budapest in 1994, and the server told me about this “awesome new show that just came out called Dallas.”

• 07/05/2017 at 10:52 pm

It was an awesome show. Falcon Crest was a great show too. Thank you for commenting.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Short Prose

short prose, fiction, poetry

The Struggle

YouTube Channel

word and silence

Poetry, History, Mythology

Tom's Nature-up-close Photography and Mindfulness Blog

Mindfulness, Philosophy, Spirituality, Meditation, Awareness, Religion, Nature Photography

lovenlosses

Highs and lows of life.

Tea and Toast with Kindness

introduction of thoughtfulness, kindness and compassion oh, and poetry

THE HEATHEN POET

...Living in Shadow City...

An Aspergian's Chemical Romance

The Struggle And Victory Discovered In Aspergers Through Poetic Passion

IdeasBecomeWords

Some Fiction & Some Facts

Valerie Hathaway

Poems, Pictures, and Bits of Fluff

MARIAM’S WORLD

•Poetry •Fashion •Lifestyle •Beauty •Health •Fitness •Inspiration

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

Alexandra Balevre Writing

Portfolio, Excerpts, and Blog Posts

Timeandreflections

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect"

Andrew Green's Poems

Mostly light hearted but often with a serious message.

Makeup Brushes Hub

Makeup Brushes Hub

Tea With Jennifer

Join me in a cup of inspiration!