Tuesday Chatter 81

54613-Piano

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe, where there’s nothing better than a thought-provoking chat over a great cuppa coffee. Let’s talk about this and that and figure out where it’s at or do we really want to know? Undoubtedly, certainty is doubtful.

The wreck of the Titanic is found, in the North Atlantic, Muhammad Ali retires with a career record of 55 wins and 5 defeats, Sandra Day O’Connor is nominated to become the first female justice on the U.S. Supreme Court, the first American test-tube baby is born, Lady Diana Spencer marries Charles, Prince of Wales, scientists identify the AIDS virus, the term internet debuts, MS-DOS released by Microsoft.

C30

It’s nineteen eighty-one with songs unsung

Inventors and techies becoming well-spun

Hey, stop and listen and spit out that gum

We got splashes of passion and destination addiction

When we will know if life’s fact of fiction

It’s stupid o’clock so there’s the contradiction

We still got inflation they didn’t get the sticky note

or was it they didn’t get the memo

Either way, costs keep rising

It’s the same old song and not surprising

Listen to the music and put your ear to the ground

The dots are connected proving the earth is round

I found my life in the lost and found

I don’t give a flip about your dip I sing to another tune

I want to be the man in the moon

and run away with the spoon

-Eugenia

Average cost of new house $78,200 and the median price of and an existing home $66,400, average income per year $21,050.00, average monthly rent $315.00,
a gallon of gas $1.25.

1981 was an interesting year for celebrities, music, and movies. The Royal wedding between Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer took place. The wedding was quite the event and I remember being glued to the TV watching every minute of it along with an estimated 750 million people, worldwide.

Walter Cronkite signs off as anchorman of CBS Evening News, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison record a tribute to John Lennon, the song 9 to 5 recorded by Dolly Parton in December of 1980 makes it big in 1981, MTV (Music Television) is launched in August. I was a real fan of MTV, however, not so much now that they have changed by toning down their music video programming. They are more into a variety of original reality, comedy and drama programming, which they have lost my interest. Wikipedia offers a comprehensive article on MTV and I have included the link at the bottom of my post for anyone that wishes to read it. I enjoyed the article because it includes numerous links to the musicians and musical groups that had airplay on MTV.

bee4

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun!

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26.jpg

A blog about the history of Rock and Roll music

DMQUOTES; The Inspired You

A Blog About Work and The People That Make it Special

Hi, my name Is Jay, I’m a 29 year old and male from Australia, currently traveling through South East Asia. I’m that guy that has been, seen and experienced a lot.

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

“I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am” – Princess Diana

“Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.”- Princess Diana

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to wrap up this chat. Buh-bye from this week’s Tuesday Chatter and have a great week!

Cheers!

C25

25 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 81

1. 05/22/2017 at 1:22 pm

Flows like rap, Eugenia. Always a pleasure 😙

2. 05/23/2017 at 9:11 am

These are becoming a highlight of my Tuesdays Eugenia. It is good to find out what was going on over your side of the Atlantic. I remember vaguely the Royal Wedding street parties. (the vagueness being instilled by too much alcohol lol).

• 05/23/2017 at 11:00 am

I’m thrilled you find Tuesday Chatter to your liking, Davy. I can only imagine how fun the street parties were.

• 05/24/2017 at 5:45 am

They started off well Eugenia, and became less memorable as the day wore on lol 🙂

3. Tena Carr
    05/23/2017 at 9:27 am

Love reading your fun-facts about each year… You’re starting to get into my years now, my teen years (well almoswt).

Here’s my Tuesday Chatter for this week: https://tenacarr.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/tuesdaychatter-may-23-2017-where-we-have-bookshelves/

• 05/23/2017 at 9:46 am

I am glad you enjoy it. Thank you for stopping in and having a cuppa.

4. 05/23/2017 at 11:11 am

I sang this one like a song. I like the line finding my life in the lost and found and I wouldn’t mind being the woman on the moon either 🙂

5. 05/23/2017 at 8:21 pm

🙂 I am glad you like it. I sing the words to myself to be sure they flow.

6. 05/24/2017 at 1:33 pm

Goodness what changes have happened in our world since 1981. I remember being glued to the television for the Royal wedding and for Diana’s funeral.

• 05/24/2017 at 5:26 pm

It seems time flies by especially as I get older. Thank you for commenting. 🌼

7. 05/24/2017 at 3:39 pm

Wonderful, Eugenia! I do love the rhythm and playfulness of your poems. Sharing… 🙂

8. 05/25/2017 at 5:27 pm

Lots of reminders here for me in the eighties.. 🙂 Sending LOVE and hugs right back dear Eugenia.. xx

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

By Alanna Pass

Saranya

Normal thoughts but unique view

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent