Tuesday Chatter Weekly

231217-You-Rock-

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. Have a seat and let’s talk about this and that while enjoying a cuppa. Undoubtedly, certainty is doubtful.

Tidbits from the year 1983

The great state of Texas gets hit with 127 mph winds and storm surges up to 12 feet thanks to Hurricane Alicia, world population is estimated at 4.72 billion, China’s population is estimated at 1 billion, a 5.2 earthquake shakes Central New York, unemployment rises to 12 million in the U.S.

Average Cost of new house $82,600.00, average annual income $21,070.00, average monthly rent $335.00, women’s jacket and skirt $60.00, men’s blazer and slacks $113.00.

Microsoft Word is released, Swatch debuted their first watches, Cabbage Patch dolls become a success, Motorola introduces the first mobile phones to the public in the U.S., seat belts become mandatory for drivers and front seat passengers in the UK, McDonald’s introduces the McNugget.

The final episode of MAS*H draws 125 million viewers, Fraggle Rock debuts on HBO during January of 1983 (the show was one of the first original shows on HBO – created and produced by Jim Henson).

1983, a glorious year for music! Michael Jackson with “Beat It” and Billie Jean”, and The Police with “Every Breath You Take”, Lionel Richie with “All Night Long”, just to name a few. And other names of the famous and fabulous-Duran Duran, Elton John, David Bowie, Culture Club, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Rod Stewart and many more. The stellar list of music and musicians seems endless making 1983 one of the best years in music.

Do we boogie or do the ballet

As the population rises each day

Mom nature’s huffing and puffing

Her skirt blowing in the wind

Poor souls in the path of her spin

Her ear to the ground, hey what’s that sound

A lotta shaking going on – oh woebegone!

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again

Don’t dip your toe unless you know

The clock ticks backward – tock ticks

One two three – pick up sticks

Something popped up on my Facebook page today

A reminder my birthday was yesterday

I didn’t get the memo and forgot to connect the dots

I’m an odd peg-leg living in the now

But there ain’t no sunshine until I learn how

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

All things, perfume, fragrance reviews, scented musings, and more!

The Chicken Grandma

The Champagne Epicurean

Happiness is a Piece of Cake

Welcome to The Urban Mile! My name is Carissa Rea and my mission is to share my favorite New York City running paths, exercise routines and inspirational tips to enhance your fitness journey…

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to wrap up this chat. Hey, if you’re leaving the room, turn out the light. Have a great week!

C25

16 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/05/2017 at 3:19 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Eugenia Hope you had a nice day and that the coming year holds many blessings … 💝… Diane

2. 06/05/2017 at 5:14 pm

I wonder if anyone still has their collection of Swatches? I guess they’re still in business, but you never hear about them anymore. At least, I don’t, but I’m pretty much out of the pop culture business.

Hard to believe that Microsoft Word has been around all that time. WordPerfect came before it, I think, and as I remember it was all commend-line driven. No Windows yet. At least, not that I remember.

• 06/06/2017 at 10:36 am

Swatch is still in business and in fact, they have a website. https://www.swatch.com/en/
      I like them and thought the idea was very clever. I don’t wear watches much since I can see the time on my phone.

I remember WordPerfect too. So much has improved since then. Technology has come a long way.

3. 06/06/2017 at 8:54 am

Reading above seems I missed a special day. A happy belated birthday to you Eugenia.. 🙂
    And loved the image message Keep Calm and Rock On..
    Much needed..
    Sending Much love your way. and 83 was a brilliant year musically.. 🙂
    Love and Hugs

• 06/06/2017 at 10:26 am

Thank you, Sue. I couldn’t determine why I was getting birthday wishes and then I realized it was my poem. Well, the poem doesn’t apply to me personally, however, my birthday is this month – June 17th. So, thank you everyone for the belated and before hand birthday wishes. Hugs! 🌻

4. 06/06/2017 at 11:37 am

I wish the clock could tick backwards Eugenia. Some great memories of 1983 and it was a great year for music 🙂

5. 06/06/2017 at 2:46 pm

Wow a great look back!

6. 06/07/2017 at 2:37 am

Oh my dear Eugenia, you poem made me laugh. I want to learn to completely live in the now and stop counting the calendar. I am a boogie kind of girl and enjoy watching ballet though I can’t stand on my tippy toes. Happy belated birthday beautiful one 🙂

• 06/07/2017 at 9:03 am

Thank you, Jacqueline. Living in the now is challenging but I feel it’s better than the alternative. I just keep boogieing as if there is no tomorrow.

w

Writer's Intuition.

Poems, stories, and how to write them!

Non-Euclidean Sofa

Mostly Adequate!

Writing with probability

The die is cast, for the mundane to the revolutionary

clcouch123

a place to talk so talk I'll talk we'll talk

Enigma

Fire in your veins, magic in your bones, allow yourself to heal and learn to embrace your uniqueness to find a way out of this labyrinth...

The Curiosity Inspires

Be Inquisitive & You Will Find Your WAY...!!

Pointed Home

We've Still Got Time

A Word Of Substance

"Object Relations"

My KalEYEdoscope

See what I see...

D.E. Haggerty

Writer, Blogger, Book Addict

Blog Everything

Either read something worth writing or write something worth reading

renegade7x

Natalia's space

Dread Poets Sobriety

The Inane Ramblings of a Fractured Mind

Globetrotting Grandpa

"Tis not too late to seek a newer world"

Хокку