Tuesday Chatter Weekly

route-66-186861__480

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where we can chat about this and that. Thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

Nineteen eighty-five, a busy year helping others stay alive. The Live Aid Concerts were held during July of 1985, which were a series of rock concerts to raise funds for famine relief and around the world

Route 66 is removed from the US highway system – The highway was established in 1926 and spanned 2,448 miles in length. It was the subject of many a song, TV show, film, and literature. The highway traveled through states Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. It was a popular route from the 1920s to the 1960s. It was replaced by an Interstate system and fell into disrepair. It was officially removed from the US highway system in 1985

The movie “The Color Purple” premieres becoming the fourth highest grossing film in 1985, Coca-Cola debuts “New Coke”, Michael Jackson buys ATV music and all of the Beatles songs for $47 million

The compass has lost it way

For some a sun setting day

Living moments thru a magical lens

Hit the road in a Mercedes Benz

Shake a tail feather and go loop-de-loop

A soda pop world with a double-dip scoop

Diners with a cuppa and culinary treats

Makes you wanna stay and take a seat

Memories to keep for show and tell

Life’s a hoot and downright swell

Turn by turn with lots of kicks

Memories fading in tattered pics

Gone is the legend, Route 66

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafea

The Poetry of My Life, Through my Writings and Journeys

Be Better – Be You

Live in the moment with a grateful heart

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog dedicated to poetry  – ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch3Eugenia

C25

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/19/2017 at 1:53 pm

It’s too bad about Route 66.

• 06/20/2017 at 11:13 am

I agree. There is a lot of history attached to it, which reminds me of happy times in the USA.

2. 06/19/2017 at 2:17 pm

Love the flow of the rhyme,
    Chugging along keeping time
    Like the chitter chat round the washing line.
    wheels a clanking chugging and chanting through town and country the railway line.
    Like the tick of a metronome beat after beat your words a had me tapping my feet.
    😉 Happy Monday blogger!

3. 06/19/2017 at 3:29 pm

The lady who kept an eye on us while Mom and Dad were at work took a trip down Route 66 back in the Sixties, and I remember just wanting to hear all about it. There was something so cool about it back then.

Your opinion: was New Coke a bad mistake or a great marketing ploy?

• 06/20/2017 at 11:18 am

I think New Coke was a marketing ploy. I believe they would be too smart to offer a product that wouldn’t be liked. What do you think?

4. 06/20/2017 at 12:01 pm

Such a shame about route 66. I have lovely memories of watching Live Aid. Such a special day.

5. 06/20/2017 at 12:29 pm

The train had stopped for me at a particular station in 1985. I met my husband, and it changed route. Guess I should call it Route 85.

6. 06/20/2017 at 6:27 pm

When I was a teenager I wanted to travel Route 66 just like the guys with the Corvette on TV.

7. 06/21/2017 at 7:40 am

Lovely flow. I’ve read about route 66 in a couple of articles and it seems it was rich with history. You always amaze me how you bring all this together.

8. 06/21/2017 at 9:52 pm

Don’t know why but 1985 is not very clear to me… but I do remember “Live Aid’ (I wish there was another one now)… and of course Route 66…. Diane

• 06/22/2017 at 11:54 am

Some years seem to blur together unless there was a memorable event. The mid-eighties seemed to blur together for me.

9. 06/26/2017 at 3:00 pm

Amazing work
    Beautiful post
    Visit mine

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.