Tuesday Chatter Weekly

route-66-186861__480

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where we can chat about this and that. Thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

Nineteen eighty-five, a busy year helping others stay alive. The Live Aid Concerts were held during July of 1985, which were a series of rock concerts to raise funds for famine relief and around the world

Route 66 is removed from the US highway system – The highway was established in 1926 and spanned 2,448 miles in length. It was the subject of many a song, TV show, film, and literature. The highway traveled through states Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. It was a popular route from the 1920s to the 1960s. It was replaced by an Interstate system and fell into disrepair. It was officially removed from the US highway system in 1985

The movie “The Color Purple” premieres becoming the fourth highest grossing film in 1985, Coca-Cola debuts “New Coke”, Michael Jackson buys ATV music and all of the Beatles songs for $47 million

The compass has lost it way

For some a sun setting day

Living moments thru a magical lens

Hit the road in a Mercedes Benz

Shake a tail feather and go loop-de-loop

A soda pop world with a double-dip scoop

Diners with a cuppa and culinary treats

Makes you wanna stay and take a seat

Memories to keep for show and tell

Life’s a hoot and downright swell

Turn by turn with lots of kicks

Memories fading in tattered pics

Gone is the legend, Route 66

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafea

The Poetry of My Life, Through my Writings and Journeys

Be Better – Be You

Live in the moment with a grateful heart

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog dedicated to poetry  – ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch3Eugenia

C25

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/19/2017 at 1:53 pm

It’s too bad about Route 66.

• 06/20/2017 at 11:13 am

I agree. There is a lot of history attached to it, which reminds me of happy times in the USA.

2. 06/19/2017 at 2:17 pm

Love the flow of the rhyme,
    Chugging along keeping time
    Like the chitter chat round the washing line.
    wheels a clanking chugging and chanting through town and country the railway line.
    Like the tick of a metronome beat after beat your words a had me tapping my feet.
    😉 Happy Monday blogger!

3. 06/19/2017 at 3:29 pm

The lady who kept an eye on us while Mom and Dad were at work took a trip down Route 66 back in the Sixties, and I remember just wanting to hear all about it. There was something so cool about it back then.

Your opinion: was New Coke a bad mistake or a great marketing ploy?

• 06/20/2017 at 11:18 am

I think New Coke was a marketing ploy. I believe they would be too smart to offer a product that wouldn’t be liked. What do you think?

4. 06/20/2017 at 12:01 pm

Such a shame about route 66. I have lovely memories of watching Live Aid. Such a special day.

5. 06/20/2017 at 12:29 pm

The train had stopped for me at a particular station in 1985. I met my husband, and it changed route. Guess I should call it Route 85.

6. 06/20/2017 at 6:27 pm

When I was a teenager I wanted to travel Route 66 just like the guys with the Corvette on TV.

7. 06/21/2017 at 7:40 am

Lovely flow. I’ve read about route 66 in a couple of articles and it seems it was rich with history. You always amaze me how you bring all this together.

8. 06/21/2017 at 9:52 pm

Don’t know why but 1985 is not very clear to me… but I do remember “Live Aid’ (I wish there was another one now)… and of course Route 66…. Diane

• 06/22/2017 at 11:54 am

Some years seem to blur together unless there was a memorable event. The mid-eighties seemed to blur together for me.

9. 06/26/2017 at 3:00 pm

Amazing work
    Beautiful post
    Visit mine

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan