Tuesday Chatter Weekly

route-66-186861__480

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where we can chat about this and that. Thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

Nineteen eighty-five, a busy year helping others stay alive. The Live Aid Concerts were held during July of 1985, which were a series of rock concerts to raise funds for famine relief and around the world, the first group of Japanese astronauts were selected, the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes debuts in newspapers, the eastern US has the coldest winter in recorded history, the space shuttle Atlantis is launched, British scientists discover a hole in the earths ozone layer.

Route 66 is removed from the US highway system – The highway was established in 1926 and spanned 2,448 miles in length. It was the subject in many a song, TV show, film and literature. The highway traveled through states Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. It was a popular route from the 1920s to the 1960s. It was replaced by an Interstate system and fell into disrepair. It was officially removed from the US highway system in 1985

The movie “The Color Purple” premieres becoming the fourth highest grossing film in 1985, Coca-Cola debuts “New Coke”, Michael Jackson buys ATV music and all of the Beatles songs for $47 million, the cost of new house $89,330, the average income per year $22,100. average monthly rent $375., average price for a new car $9,005.

The compass has lost it way

For some a sun setting day

Living the moments thru magical lens

Hit the road in a Mercedes Benz

Shake a tail feather and go loop-de-loop

A sodapop world with a double dip scoop

Diners with a cuppa and culinary treats

Makes you wanna stay an take a seat

Memories to keep for show and tell

Life’s a hoot and downright swell

Turn by turn with lots of kicks

Memories fading in tattered pics

Gone is the legend, Route 66

-Eugenia

bee4

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun! beBee Registration

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

The Poetry of My Life, Through my Writings and Journeys

Welcome to Poetry Home of Truth, Confession and Compassion. Enjoy your stay in my Poetry Home

Be Better – Be You

A blog about style and awesome products

Live in the moment with a grateful heart

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes – ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to wrap up this chat. Hey, if you’re leaving the room, turn out the light. Have a great week!

Cheers!

C25

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/19/2017 at 1:53 pm

It’s too bad about Route 66.

• 06/20/2017 at 11:13 am

I agree. There is a lot of history attached to it, which reminds me of happy times in the USA.

2. 06/19/2017 at 2:17 pm

Love the flow of the rhyme,
    Chugging along keeping time
    Like the chitter chat round the washing line.
    wheels a clanking chugging and chanting through town and country the railway line.
    Like the tick of a metronome beat after beat your words a had me tapping my feet.
    😉 Happy Monday blogger!

3. 06/19/2017 at 3:29 pm

The lady who kept an eye on us while Mom and Dad were at work took a trip down Route 66 back in the Sixties, and I remember just wanting to hear all about it. There was something so cool about it back then.

Your opinion: was New Coke a bad mistake or a great marketing ploy?

• 06/20/2017 at 11:18 am

I think New Coke was a marketing ploy. I believe they would be too smart to offer a product that wouldn’t be liked. What do you think?

4. 06/20/2017 at 12:01 pm

Such a shame about route 66. I have lovely memories of watching Live Aid. Such a special day.

5. 06/20/2017 at 12:29 pm

The train had stopped for me at a particular station in 1985. I met my husband, and it changed route. Guess I should call it Route 85.

6. 06/20/2017 at 6:27 pm

When I was a teenager I wanted to travel Route 66 just like the guys with the Corvette on TV.

7. 06/21/2017 at 7:40 am

Lovely flow. I’ve read about route 66 in a couple of articles and it seems it was rich with history. You always amaze me how you bring all this together.

8. 06/21/2017 at 9:52 pm

Don’t know why but 1985 is not very clear to me… but I do remember “Live Aid’ (I wish there was another one now)… and of course Route 66…. Diane

• 06/22/2017 at 11:54 am

Some years seem to blur together unless there was a memorable event. The mid-eighties seemed to blur together for me.

9. 06/26/2017 at 3:00 pm

Amazing work
    Beautiful post
    Visit mine

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Short Prose

short prose, fiction, poetry

The Struggle

YouTube Channel

word and silence

Poetry, History, Mythology

Tom's Nature-up-close Photography and Mindfulness Blog

Mindfulness, Philosophy, Spirituality, Meditation, Awareness, Religion, Nature Photography

lovenlosses

Highs and lows of life.

Tea and Toast with Kindness

introduction of thoughtfulness, kindness and compassion oh, and poetry

THE HEATHEN POET

...Living in Shadow City...

An Aspergian's Chemical Romance

The Struggle And Victory Discovered In Aspergers Through Poetic Passion

IdeasBecomeWords

Some Fiction & Some Facts

Valerie Hathaway

Poems, Pictures, and Bits of Fluff

MARIAM’S WORLD

•Poetry •Fashion •Lifestyle •Beauty •Health •Fitness •Inspiration

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

Alexandra Balevre Writing

Portfolio, Excerpts, and Blog Posts

Timeandreflections

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect"

Andrew Green's Poems

Mostly light hearted but often with a serious message.

Makeup Brushes Hub

Makeup Brushes Hub

Tea With Jennifer

Join me in a cup of inspiration!