Tuesday Chatter Weekly

48951-Moon-Over-The-Lake

Please come in and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where the clock ticks backward and we can chat about what may or may not happen. We dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

1986, a troubled year with some of the worst tragedies in history. The explosion of the Space Shuttle Challenger watched by people worldwide, killing all 7 astronauts aboard, the Soviet Nuclear disaster at Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station, and the mad cow disease in the UK are just a few of the horrific events that happened in 1986.

But there were other notable events that occurred in 1986-

Hands Across America, a large public charity event is held in May. Approximately 6.5 million people participated. The $10. donations were given to local charities to fight poverty.

Mike Tyson becomes the youngest Heavyweight Champion in history

The Oprah Winfrey Show makes its debut in the US

The Soviet Union launches it’s MIR space station

Richard Branson breaks the world record for the fastest crossing of the Atlantic on his 72 ft powerboat, the Virgin Challenger II

Smoking is banned on all public transport including trains, planes, buses, and coaches in the US.

Are we jealous or mediocre

No shows won’t know

Class not dismissed on with the show

More than one hand to clap

Less than two fingers to snap

Great minds work trenches

No more room on benches

As we trolley through space

Last stop’s a perfect place

People hold hands across the land

We’ve much to give to help others live

There’s no smoking on that plane

Nor the bus nor the train

We’ve nothing to lose and a lot to gain

No matter what we do there’s much askew

Have a nice day and toodle-loo

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafea

Where writers gather

Smart Veg Recipes

The Backyard Poet

The Quill That Shatters Glass

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog dedicated to poetry  – ThusNSuch

C25

27 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/26/2017 at 10:22 am

Hey Eugenia,

How are you doing? Tuesday Chatter on a Monday afternoon was a tease I couldn’t resist…and the poem a delight, artfully adding worth to the value of the article. Thank you 🙂

1986 was quite a year and one I remember reasonably well for a change…I had left school and started a career in retail management and the first proper years of full-time employment. If only I had known more about life back then I would have made a completely different choice…no doubt I should’ve grabbed the backpack and walking boots and simply disappeared off the grid altogether, forever! lol 🙂

Joking apart, I clearly recall the Challenger tragedy watching it live on terrestrial T.V. I wondered then if it spelt the slow wind-down to the end of manned space flight but such is the thrust and drive of the human condition to always reach further than it is able to grasp we have continued to journey to the stars. I’d go if ever offered the chance…a one way ticket to Mars or beyond on a pathfinder mission would be perfect.

Mike Tyson…he was a ferocious fighter, explosive, full of venom and fury. One of my favourite boxers together with Marvin Hagler, who I also had a lot of respect for a professional.

The smoking ban on public transport I thought an excellent idea after having spent a miserable hour in high temperatures sharing the smoking carriage of an overcrowded train delayed outside of Birmingham, UK. I was green by the time we alighted.

Thank you Eugenia for chatting, perhaps sharing a coffee as well. An enjoyable wander through past times.

Take care

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 06/26/2017 at 11:36 am

Thank you for visiting, Dewin. I thoroughly enjoy your visits and delightful comments. Yes, I release Tuesday Chatters on Mondays, so most of followers have on Tuesdays. Make it a great week.

• 06/26/2017 at 11:43 am

Pleasure as always is mine. Thank you.

A great week…I hope so, and for you also Eugenia.

Namaste 🙂

DN

2. Tena Carr
    06/27/2017 at 8:54 am

Here’s my Tuesday Chatter: https://tenacarr.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/tuesdaychatter-june-27-2017/

The Shuttle Disaster of in 86 was the big event of the year for me…Wrote about it in my blog. A lot of the other things I don’t really remember but I remember that event – clearly…At least the effect it had on me and the class.

• 06/27/2017 at 9:55 am

It was a very sad day, Tena. One that we will never forget where we were when it happened.

3. 06/27/2017 at 9:05 am

“Are you jealous or mediocre?” is such a powerful line. One starts wondering whether to place oneself above or below. Nobody wants to be there. Shall I say, ‘ I am happy in my simplicity’, or ‘I am above average’? And, then, where is the average?

4. 06/27/2017 at 11:56 am

Wow cool new look!

• 06/27/2017 at 1:02 pm

Thank you! It was time for a change for BrewNSpew. I’m glad to hear from you.

5. 06/27/2017 at 6:57 pm

Love the poem! Made me smile. You do bring back memories with your chatter. Amazing how much I have forgotten. Like the new look here.

• 06/27/2017 at 7:06 pm

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed the chatter. I hesitated about applying the new look and now that I have tweaked it, I’m glad I made the change.

• 06/27/2017 at 7:48 pm

It is a bit of work to change the way a blog looks. I have done it fairly often but I like what I have now. Of course, that could change in a minute.

6. 06/28/2017 at 4:13 am

Loved your poem on this one Eugenia I remember so clearly too coming in from work and hearing the news of the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion..

Loving what you have done with your theme too.. Very eye catching.. 🙂 Have a great week my friend xx

7. Davy D
    06/28/2017 at 11:55 am

Some powerful poetry Eugenia. I think we need some of that holding hands across the lands.

8. 06/28/2017 at 1:48 pm

HYE! I’ve Nominated U 4 Liebster Award,Do Visit My Blog & Kindly participate…

• 06/29/2017 at 7:38 pm

I sincerely appreciate you nominating me for the Liebster Award, however, my blogs are award free due to time restraints.

9. 06/29/2017 at 3:31 am

Hmm! That first line of the poem is thought provoking. I enjoy your Tuesday chatter. Always refreshing with drops of history and humour in your poems.

• 07/04/2017 at 9:43 am

Hi Tena, I am having to redo all of my posts due to a theme change. So you may see some old posts pop up. Sorry for the confusion. 🙂

myboyfriendisinIndia

A blog about a temporary long-distance relationship: India, Paris and a rural village in Ireland. Running, millennial thoughts and emigration - new posts each week day! :)

Fine Cats & Kittens

Cats and kittens beautiful pictures, fun activity's, and sweet poems.

Books & poems Coffee & Teas

books,poems,coffee,teas

New Lune

A blog full of tips, inspiration and freebies!

Life & Leisure

Good things take time.

Diary of an Aesthete

AnonymouslyBloggingThroughLife

She loved mysteries so much, she became one.

In mind and out

Read my mind

Jade M.Wong

Writer at Heart | Fangirl by DNA | Struggling Human until Further Notice

Niki Flow

I feel the world and want to help heal the world.

Prats Corner

Pages of my mind : collecting words, experiences and memories...

Gringirls

Two girls one trip

Have Fun with God

Arm yourself with divine truths

Jackie's Lifestyle Blog

Depression, Mentalhealth, Life, Reality

farmstand culture

Easy ideas to make hectic lives healthier. Natural skin care. Farm stand finds!

Constance Bourg

Poetry and Flash Fiction

A Girl in Progress

I guess I don't have to worry about my mom finding my diary anymore, it's now on the internet. Welcome everyone to my poorly scripted life!

Martha’s Artistic Flarings

After retiring, I decided to play around with computer art. This is the result.

Diary of a mEs$eD-uP College Mom

My journey of existing, struggling, hating life, loving life, crushing it, failing, growing, &/or soaring in this world when odds are against me

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Wonder Cottage

Lifestyle blog: explore and be inspired