Tuesday Chatter Weekly

48951-Moon-Over-The-Lake

Please come in and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where the clock ticks backward and we can chat about what may or may not happen. We dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

1986, a troubled year with some of the worst tragedies in history. The explosion of the Space Shuttle Challenger watched by people worldwide, killing all 7 astronauts aboard, the Soviet Nuclear disaster at Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station, and the mad cow disease in the UK are just a few of the horrific events that happened in 1986.

But there were other notable events that occurred in 1986-

Hands Across America, a large public charity event is held in May. Approximately 6.5 million people participated. The $10. donations were given to local charities to fight poverty.

Mike Tyson becomes the youngest Heavyweight Champion in history

The Oprah Winfrey Show makes its debut in the US

The Soviet Union launches it’s MIR space station

Richard Branson breaks the world record for the fastest crossing of the Atlantic on his 72 ft powerboat, the Virgin Challenger II

Smoking is banned on all public transport including trains, planes, buses, and coaches in the US.

Are we jealous or mediocre

No shows won’t know

Class not dismissed on with the show

More than one hand to clap

Less than two fingers to snap

Great minds work trenches

No more room on benches

As we trolley through space

Last stop’s a perfect place

People hold hands across the land

We’ve much to give to help others live

There’s no smoking on that plane

Nor the bus nor the train

We’ve nothing to lose and a lot to gain

No matter what we do there’s much askew

Have a nice day and toodle-loo

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafea

Where writers gather

Smart Veg Recipes

The Backyard Poet

The Quill That Shatters Glass

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog dedicated to poetry  – ThusNSuch

C25

27 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/26/2017 at 10:22 am

Hey Eugenia,

How are you doing? Tuesday Chatter on a Monday afternoon was a tease I couldn’t resist…and the poem a delight, artfully adding worth to the value of the article. Thank you 🙂

1986 was quite a year and one I remember reasonably well for a change…I had left school and started a career in retail management and the first proper years of full-time employment. If only I had known more about life back then I would have made a completely different choice…no doubt I should’ve grabbed the backpack and walking boots and simply disappeared off the grid altogether, forever! lol 🙂

Joking apart, I clearly recall the Challenger tragedy watching it live on terrestrial T.V. I wondered then if it spelt the slow wind-down to the end of manned space flight but such is the thrust and drive of the human condition to always reach further than it is able to grasp we have continued to journey to the stars. I’d go if ever offered the chance…a one way ticket to Mars or beyond on a pathfinder mission would be perfect.

Mike Tyson…he was a ferocious fighter, explosive, full of venom and fury. One of my favourite boxers together with Marvin Hagler, who I also had a lot of respect for a professional.

The smoking ban on public transport I thought an excellent idea after having spent a miserable hour in high temperatures sharing the smoking carriage of an overcrowded train delayed outside of Birmingham, UK. I was green by the time we alighted.

Thank you Eugenia for chatting, perhaps sharing a coffee as well. An enjoyable wander through past times.

Take care

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 06/26/2017 at 11:36 am

Thank you for visiting, Dewin. I thoroughly enjoy your visits and delightful comments. Yes, I release Tuesday Chatters on Mondays, so most of followers have on Tuesdays. Make it a great week.

• 06/26/2017 at 11:43 am

Pleasure as always is mine. Thank you.

A great week…I hope so, and for you also Eugenia.

Namaste 🙂

DN

2. Tena Carr
    06/27/2017 at 8:54 am

Here’s my Tuesday Chatter: https://tenacarr.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/tuesdaychatter-june-27-2017/

The Shuttle Disaster of in 86 was the big event of the year for me…Wrote about it in my blog. A lot of the other things I don’t really remember but I remember that event – clearly…At least the effect it had on me and the class.

• 06/27/2017 at 9:55 am

It was a very sad day, Tena. One that we will never forget where we were when it happened.

3. 06/27/2017 at 9:05 am

“Are you jealous or mediocre?” is such a powerful line. One starts wondering whether to place oneself above or below. Nobody wants to be there. Shall I say, ‘ I am happy in my simplicity’, or ‘I am above average’? And, then, where is the average?

4. 06/27/2017 at 11:56 am

Wow cool new look!

• 06/27/2017 at 1:02 pm

Thank you! It was time for a change for BrewNSpew. I’m glad to hear from you.

5. 06/27/2017 at 6:57 pm

Love the poem! Made me smile. You do bring back memories with your chatter. Amazing how much I have forgotten. Like the new look here.

• 06/27/2017 at 7:06 pm

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed the chatter. I hesitated about applying the new look and now that I have tweaked it, I’m glad I made the change.

• 06/27/2017 at 7:48 pm

It is a bit of work to change the way a blog looks. I have done it fairly often but I like what I have now. Of course, that could change in a minute.

6. 06/28/2017 at 4:13 am

Loved your poem on this one Eugenia I remember so clearly too coming in from work and hearing the news of the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion..

Loving what you have done with your theme too.. Very eye catching.. 🙂 Have a great week my friend xx

7. 06/28/2017 at 11:55 am

Some powerful poetry Eugenia. I think we need some of that holding hands across the lands.

8. 06/28/2017 at 1:48 pm

HYE! I’ve Nominated U 4 Liebster Award,Do Visit My Blog & Kindly participate…

• 06/29/2017 at 7:38 pm

I sincerely appreciate you nominating me for the Liebster Award, however, my blogs are award free due to time restraints.

9. 06/29/2017 at 3:31 am

Hmm! That first line of the poem is thought provoking. I enjoy your Tuesday chatter. Always refreshing with drops of history and humour in your poems.

• 07/04/2017 at 9:43 am

Hi Tena, I am having to redo all of my posts due to a theme change. So you may see some old posts pop up. Sorry for the confusion. 🙂

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Perceptions Unplugged

Read, Think & Write

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

♥️Off Duty Nurse ♥️

Melody Chen

Word-Experimentalist

My experience

digital banega village

Mihran Kalaydjian's Official Blog

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. Billy Wilder

Short Ramblings