EF Management Tips and Tricks

Some food for thought from Madelyn.

ADD . . . and-so-much-more

5 Tips for better Executive Functioning
Part II – Systems to Develop into Habits

by Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
PART TWO: In support of The Executive Functioning Series

Found HERE

Quick Review:

In the introduction to this 4-part article, I went over some of the concepts underlying “the systems approach” and why it works.

I explained how systems and habits help us conserve cognitive resources for when they are really needed.

I went on to add that despitemy dislike of articles and books that offer seemingly fix-it-ALL tips and tricks, I still share online tips myself from time to time — and that I was about to share five of them, despite the fact that  I strongly prefer sharing underlying principles, so that anyone reading might be able to figure out how to tweak to fit.

• I appended the caveat that nothing works for everyone

View original post 2,214 more words

7 comments for “EF Management Tips and Tricks

1. 07/14/2017 at 10:56 am

Reminded me of the dictum ‘Whatever is not tracked, is not delivered’.

2. 07/14/2017 at 1:25 pm

Thanks for sharing this with your community, Eugenia. btw- I LOVE the header photo with the drops of water — soooooo refreshing in the heat of summer.
    xx,
    mgh

• 07/14/2017 at 3:20 pm

Thank you, mgh. We need all the cooling off we can get. This has been a hot summer, and it is only July.

• 07/14/2017 at 5:55 pm

I know!! Summer is not my best friend and I am SO looking forward to fall, but I do get a lot of writing done when I can’t conceive of going out into the heat.
        xx,
        mgh

3. 07/15/2017 at 12:52 pm

I love the visually stimulating feel of your blog.

• 07/15/2017 at 2:47 pm

Thank you for your very kind comment.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

A Frank Angle

Thoughts from the Inner Mind

The Flowers of Art

In the kingdom of life, with the strokes of the brush, the bow and the pen, artists have sowed their hearts to contrive, fields rivalling in beauty the Garden of Eden.

Scenic Writer's Shack

Words. Wares. Woomph.

unbelsorrisodallitalia.wordpress.com/

意大利旅居記事簿:來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To

Joy's Travel

Leben im Ausland (Life in abroad)

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

Elusive Mummers

who get lost between sighs and restless nights.

Truth Troubles

Why people hate the truths of the world.

Earthpages.org

The Real Alternative

Saved By Words

When a woman tells the truth she is creating the possibility for more truth around her. Adrienne Rich

Blog de companie

Words are dangerous tools. You need the User Manual.

The Rilke Project

Conversations With a Young Poet

Smile

Because You're Beautiful.. :)

Meraki Forever

Put All Of You❤Thats MERAKI

Insights from "Inside"

Sunshine on Razor Wire: perspectives from "inside"

Tabarka Rajab