Tuesday Chatter Weekly

14818-Yellow-Beach-Chairs

Please come in and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where the clock ticks backward and we can chat about what may or may not happen. We dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

1988, an interesting year for technology with the first transatlantic cable which was able to carry 40,000 phone calls at the same time. Great strides being made by technology creating a more communicative world, however, not without increased vulnerability. The first major computer virus infects computers. The US Stealth Bomber debuts. Lazer eye surgery is invented.

NASA resumes the Space Shuttle Program 2 1/2 years after the Challenger disaster, the Summer Olympics are held in Soule, South Korea, the Winter Olympics are held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. US average cost of new house $91,600 and the average annual income $24,450. A Ford Taurus is $9,996. and it’s .91 per gal. to fill it up.

1988 was a good year for movies – Rain Man, Beetlejuice, Crocodile Dundee II, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Die Hard, to name a few.

Ah, the beat goes on

That same old song

Needs to be restrung

Hey, I’ve just begun

Oh snap, get a grip

It’s gonna to be a long trip

Life has a two-fold meaning

We gotta keep singing

I feel the beat, it moves my feet

Don’t let the chinwag sag

It’s not cool when you brag

Be a dear, be sincere

This isn’t yesteryear

Don’t let words of ire

Fuel a senseless fire

Seek your inner soul

And let the social dice roll

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafea

Musings from Penny Wilson

I am the author, Sharon Amondi, and I plan to share with you all I know.

My Journey to building my empire

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1aEugenia

17 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 07/17/2017 at 11:26 am

roll with it
    nope
    hated rain man
    hate the autism inside of me

• 07/17/2017 at 9:38 pm

You’re an excellent writer and that is realism in the present. Rain Man was just a fictional movie and in the past.

2. 07/17/2017 at 11:37 am

1988!!! It was a miraculous year for me. My youngest child was born almost 16 years after I had my first baby. So a few months shy of 40, I was blessed with a baby boy in November of 1988. He is now 28 and just got into the Director’s guild and works in the film industry. There were many memorable events that year, but 1988 for me was a year filled with hopes and dreams. Months spent on bed rest and a baby born a month early, who turned out to be one of my greatest joys. Thanks for highlighting 1988! 1973 and 1988 will always be my favorite years. They were when my children were born!!! ❤️

• 07/17/2017 at 11:43 am

Lesley, thank you for sharing a little about you. I can see your children were positive highlights in your life.

3. 07/17/2017 at 11:46 am

1988, the year our first daughter was born and the year we bought our first home. Good memories.

• 07/17/2017 at 1:32 pm

Those are good memories and I hope you have a lot more. 😉

4. 07/17/2017 at 9:58 pm

Hmmm, 1988. Another year of life I seem to have forgotten. Maybe I lost my mind in the 70’s.

• 07/18/2017 at 3:27 pm

🙂 Sometimes the past gets blurry and maybe for a reason.

5. 07/18/2017 at 11:31 am

Interesting to read about the first computer virus in 1988 Eugenia. Look where we are now. Loved the poem, lots of messages to ponder.

6. 07/18/2017 at 11:54 pm

Hey Eugenia,

I do enjoy the flow of your words: you have a knack of putting the yak back in chatter

‘A message with a tilted slant’ – also a great line to tempt and tease 🙂

1988, the highlight of which for me was a week-long celebration of a landmark birthday enjoyed with good friends amidst the atmospheric hedonism of Ibiza. Back then it was an exotic free-living and entrancing experience partying on the beach until dawn then sleeping until late only to wake and do it all over again. I recall nothing of it proving that I was really there lol 😀 Is it any wonder I’ve so little energy left these days after such youthful misadventure lol 😀 At least I have wonderful memories to console me 🙂

And you Eugenia…what one memory shines out for you from 1988?

Hoping all is well in all ways. Take care.

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 07/19/2017 at 11:10 am

I so enjoy your comments, DN. Ah, the things we were able to do when we were younger. I was living in Hollywood, FL in 1988, and owned a business with my husband that has since passed. From my recollection, it was a good year. Things didn’t start to change for me until the 1990s. It seems life moves along pretty smoothly for a while and then bang, slam, Yowie, and all hell breaks loose.

Have a great day!
      Cheers!

• 07/19/2017 at 2:50 pm

Hey Eugenia,

And I enjoy the tattle, the prattle and the rattle served at your coffee table: the natter and the chatter of the waxing yak in your inky shack of lyrical words…you know the yakkity yak better than I, you’ve a knack to knick and snick and sack and pack and rack a stack of smacky quacky words stirred penned polished and prosed and composed to share with a cup of tea, far better than I, it’s why I try to come by, to enjoy your wares and apple pie. May I have custard with mine? 🙂

Love or life lost is not a memory but a living entity always a part of us, alive within us in all ways for always. It doesn’t fade with the changing light of seasons nor tarnish over time, love once known will never go, it what you hold onto as mine. 🙂

Perhaps when Tuesday Chatter reaches 1990 you’ll share recall of changing moments in your life? Hollywood FL, and the Americas is a land so far away, and yet on here we are all no further than a mouse click away from a blogging buddy.

Life is a rollercoaster and one just has to ride it, or is that a line from a pop-song? 🙂 A friend blessed with feathers of fire once told me we are at our best when rising from the ashes. Of course I had no choice other than to believe the Phoenix who stood flaming before me. The fire in her pyre ever filled with desire, with a burning love to always be reborn again.

An evening softened by a slow burning candle and the playful tune of a gentle melody seems the perfect combination for a night of aromatic memories 🙂

Namaste 🙂

DN

7. 07/23/2017 at 12:45 pm

Your title is silly and sweet 🙂 I love what you do with these poems, your brew and prattle makes me come back for another mug 🙂

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan