Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1366224825_sunglass_reflection

Please come in and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where the clock ticks backward and we can chat about what may or may not happen. We dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

The first release of Microsoft Office debuts, Gameboy releases in Japan and the U.S., Jaguar is bought by Ford, Toyota debuts The Lexus,  Las Vegas welcomes the opening of The Mirage Hotel and Casino.

1989 was considered the warmest year on record bringing about concerns of the greenhouse effect, the Exon Valdez spills 11 million gallons of oil in the Alaskan Prince William Sound, San Francisco shakes from the Loma Prieta earthquake, which measured 7.1 on the Richter scale

Average annual income is $27,450. while the average cost of a new house is $120,000., a gallon of gas is .97 and the average cost of a new car is $15,350.

George Bush, Sr. is elected the President of the US

The TV show The Simpsons debuts, Deborah Norville becomes the news anchor of the Today show, a few of the popular movies are Batman, Twins, The Little Mermaid, Driving Miss Daisy, Dead Poets Society, When Harry Met Sally.

Pete Rose is suspended from baseball for life due to gambling, The earthquake that shook San Francisco cancels the 3rd game of the World Series, Rev Jim Bakker is sentenced to 50 years for fraud,  the 109th tennis US Open –  Steffi Graf beats Martina Navratilova.

1989, the end of a decade. The nineteen-eighties was a decade of growth, especially in technology. A growing worldwide population combined with growing ideation. So much learned and yet so much still to learn.

Every year we plant seeds and every decade we reap what we sow. Sure we make mistakes along the way and unfortunately, some are irreversible. But we must continue our journey by living in the moment and if we are awarded a prize for our good deeds, let’s be sure to share it with our fellow man.

C30

You gotta raise the bar if you want to go far

Spare yourself a moment for all about you

Don that monocle if you really can’t see

You gotta go sideways to not miss the cue

The word’s out life doesn’t fit to a tee

Pinkin perfection causes too much grief

Oh pitter patter what does it matter

It’s no secret that reason is a thief

Don’t grit your teeth and shut your chatter

Is it true there’s Christmas in July

Put a note on the frig this is what I want

Yes, I’m serious and this is no lie

I’m yearning for a sarcasm font

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

Hidden Glitter

I’m a box of glitter inside the darkest cave of the world

wordsworthsmuse

Hello, My name is Fiona and I am an Australian girl who loves poetry. I love to read it and love to write it. Reading others poetry is beautiful and inspiring to me.

ReadRantRock&Roll

A blog about books, music, movies, and more…

Mama’s Homestead

making your home beautiful…

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes ThusNSuch

I’m Eugenia and it’s time to put a wrap on this chat. Hey, if you’re leaving the room, turn out the light. Have a great week!

C25

10 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 07/24/2017 at 12:14 pm

I need to work on a sarcasm font. There are plenty of emoticons 🙂

2. 07/24/2017 at 12:15 pm

1989 was the year I started my third job (second proper one)… I remember that more than the other facts! 😆

• 07/24/2017 at 2:06 pm

Memories relating to jobs seem to linger, don’t they?

3. 07/25/2017 at 10:47 am

No kidding Eugenia, in the UK today on the QVC channel they are having Christmas in July, so I was reliably informed by my good lady. if they are doing sarcasm fonts let me know 🙂 Enjoyed the post and the poetry by the way 🙂

• 07/25/2017 at 11:05 am

Thank you for your visit, Davy, and I am glad you enjoyed my post. Yes, if I see a sarcasm font, I’ll keep you in the loop.

4. 07/25/2017 at 4:58 pm

“The word’s out life doesn’t fit to a tee” Ain’t that the truth!

5. Tena Carr
    07/26/2017 at 8:01 am

Just posted my “Tuesday Chatter”, late (oyyy). Here’s the link: https://tenacarr.wordpress.com/2017/07/26/tuesdaychatter-july-25-2017/. I think I forgot to put a link to this Tuesday Chatter in my post (uggghhh). Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful & blessed week so far.

w

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

a inspiraars

Paintbrush Says.... a story of who you are!

moviewarden.wordpress.com/

Motion-picture Reviews

Rich Briere & Oakley's Ghost

Sonic Laden Tales of the Swamp Dwellers

The Hunt And Peck Blog

Take a deep breath

Revolutionary Musings

My everyday thoughts as they come to me

Ushma Patel

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.

Marnie Writes

Books, Writing, and Food

The Flawddess

That Old School and Hopeless Romantic Girl Who Still Believes In Fairytales..!!💟

The Mad Puppeteer

Warden of Words // Shaper of Stories

Comedy FESTIVAL

Film and Writing Festival for Comedy. Showcasing best of comedy short films at the FEEDBACK Film Festival. Plus, showcasing best of comedy novels, short stories, poems, screenplays (TV, short, feature) at the festival performed by professional actors.

From Private to Public

Give a teacher a pencil, and they'll write a masterpiece...or at least tell you they did.

Darswords

Musings about Havenverse

The Musing Quill

A Blog on Writing, Poetry, Short Stories and Books.

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

Fmme writes poems

This is a space for me to write, share my words and play with poetry. You are very welcome here.