Tuesday Chatter Weekly – It’s Electric!

pexels-photo-417458

Hey, c’mon in and have a cuppa at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where the clocks don’t know night from day and we can chat about what may or may not happen. We like to dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

Nineteen-ninety starts the decade with a plethora of events for example- The Leaning Tower of Pisa is making news, along with the dismantling of the Berlin Wall, a formal ban on the trade of ivory, and Margaret Thatcher announces her resignation.

Also in the news, the US enters a major recession – the cost of a new home is $123,000. and the average income is $28,960. The cost of a gallon of gas to fill up a new Isuzu Rodeo at $12,490. is $1.34.

Mother Nature kicks up her heels with an earthquake in Iran leaving 50,000 dead, an earthquake in the Philippines killing over 1600, and a heat wave in Great Britain with the highest temperatures recorded in British history at 37.1C or 99F.

Other tidbits of information- it is determined there is a hole in the ozone layer above the North Pole, the first GPS system goes on sale via Pioneer, GM introduces the Saturn range of cars, Operation Desert Shield begins as the US and the UK send troops to Kuwait.

Music and movies make news with the Sci-fi channel on cable TV begin transmitting, Twin Peaks debuts on ABC, and a big upset in the world of pop culture is the producer for the Grammy-winning pop duo Milli Vanilli reveals they were lip syncing in the songs on the album which gained them the award.

Dancing in the nineties-Do you remember the Electric Slide – It’s Electric! and the Macarena?

Your persona is a testament to your legacy

But are you a righty or are you a lefty

Say buh-bye to becoming sheeple

The world is a plethora of amazing people

There’s no award for spewing ire(s)

I don’t give a flip about your dip

Spit out your gum before it expires

Radiate, emanate, glow, shine or beam

What may come of it remains to be seen

Don’t stand in the wrong place with a bad tude’

Show and tell reveals what you exude

Life’s a 3D puzzle that’s a fact Jack

When will you believe the earth isn’t flat

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

TC Cafea

Huggable Words

Words Desperate for a Hug

Peter Grey Photography

A Blog filled with Outstanding Photography

owlinthewood

Environment Health The Surferbird Stories

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos – Tuesday Chatter

Stop in and visit my new blog, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry.

ThusNSuch3Eugenia

C34

image-Pexels

13 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly – It’s Electric!

1. 07/31/2017 at 3:54 pm

How sweet to mention my blog in this cheerful post! Thank you!

2. 07/31/2017 at 7:03 pm

You are welcome and I am glad you enjoyed the post.

3. Davy D
    08/01/2017 at 11:44 am

I’m shocked Eugenia, when did you find out the world wasn’t flat? 🙂 Another excellent post and reminisce. I remember watching live coverage of the Berlin Wall coming down and thinking maybe the world is moving in the right direction.

4. 08/01/2017 at 2:09 pm

Hee hee, Davy. I am glad you enjoyed my post and I thought the same about the Berlin wall. I wish the world was moving in a better direction than it is now.

5. 08/01/2017 at 9:01 pm

What a fun read. I think I used all those 90s slang terms. (Eep, I think I still use a lot of them, haha.) I didn’t know that about the Leaning Tower of Piza – so interesting!

• 08/02/2017 at 11:43 am

Thank you for reading and commenting. I still use and hear some of that slang. I am glad you enjoyed my post.

6. 08/01/2017 at 10:23 pm

There’s a hole in the ozone and the world isn’t flat! I am going to have nightmares.

• 08/02/2017 at 11:44 am

😃 and that is only part of the story. lol

7. 08/02/2017 at 12:15 pm

You just made me search out ‘it’s electric on youtube.’ Very infectious music and takes me back to years ago 🙂

• 08/02/2017 at 7:25 pm

Those were fun times with everyone on a dance floor doing the Electric Slide. There are dance clubs in Atlanta where the Electric Slide is still popular.

8. 08/02/2017 at 12:54 pm

Life is more than 3D for sure! We learn more about dimensions from life, than geometry. I love how you can exactly recall world events. Most of us are so wrapped up with our own lives.

Anxiety Calls

Dreamer. Writer. Worrier.

thoughts, musings, and stuff

poetry, mental health, and ideas on life

PT Master Guide

Useful and Advance Guide for aspiring physiotherapist

Levi Kemari

HAPPINESS is the highest level of success

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space