Tuesday Chatter 91

136998-Tree-Of-Color

Hey, c’mon in and have a cuppa at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe. A place where the clocks don’t know night from day, and we can chat about what may or may not happen. We like to dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

Nineteen ninety-one, mother nature wreaks havoc worldwide instigating various types of weather events resulting in destruction and loss of life-Cyclone in Bangladesh, fires in Oakland, Ca, 7.0 on the Richter Scale quake in Northern Italy, 6.8 on the Richter Scale quake near border between Pakistan and Afghanistan, Typhoon Kinna hits western Japan, seventy tornadoes swirling in the central US.

Concerns continue about the health of the earth due a 2% decrease in the ice covering the Arctic over a 10-year span, and the Tropical Rainforest is shrinking by 1% a year. Those concerns are continuing to the present day, as conditions have worsened.

1991 is a sad year for music due to the death of Freddie Mercury, the lead singer for the band Queen. He announced he was HIV positive and died due to complications from the disease the next day. He was 45. Mercury wrote several hit songs for Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody, We are the Champions, Somebody to Love, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love, to name a few.

I won’t be a rock star. I will be a legend.- Freddie Mercury

When I’m dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance. -Freddie Mercury

Slang it, dang it!-bounce-to leave (lets bounce); bunk-crazy-messed up; buzz hype-awesome; buzz kill-boring; fine-looking good; good-to-go-all set; let’s roll-let’s leave; Man, that is clean-that is righteous; straight-that’s true

C32

Playground bullies, they like to play games

You know the type so start taking names

You gotta watch standing in the same old place

If you want to clink cups you have to save face

Walk or run in the rain confuses the sane

But paper doll people best learn to refrain

Their flimsy persona filled with fraught

Yes, it’s profound so noodle the thought

Boundaries have no lines you know the drill

With your wanderlust attitude life is a thrill

Shake a tail feather now life’s grand or bland

I’m hitching a ride to join a rock and roll band

Stopping on the way at the local speakeasies

Looking to make friends with the easy-peasies

-Eugenia

bee19

BE PROFESSIONAL. BE PERSONAL. BE SUCCESSFUL beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun! beBee Registration

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

My Cup of English Tea

Setting up a Brand-New Life in London

Rhyme Smith

where poetry meets my thoughts

The Shining Gem

My Personal e-journal

The Time Quintet

Hello there *thinks of Obi-Wan Kenobi*. Alright, back to business.

English Teachers

English Teachers

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link for the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my new blog ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes ThusNSuch

Cheers!

C34

Post navigation

10 comments for “Tuesday Chatter 91

1. 08/08/2017 at 4:33 am

And nobody seems to worry about what an easily provoked President might be doing in the future?
    How’s that? The rest of the world seem to be?!

2. 08/08/2017 at 8:07 am

I think Freddy Mercury becomes more respected as a musician the more time that passes.

• 08/08/2017 at 1:33 pm

Yes, I agree, Bernadette. This seems to be the case with a lot of musicians. I’m happy to see you’re back.

3. 08/08/2017 at 10:06 am

Freddie Mercury was a genius Eugenia and it hard to believe how quickly the time has passed since his death. Funny enough I was listening to the album Sheer Heart Attack a few days ago. What was your favourite Queen album?

• 08/08/2017 at 1:31 pm

I lean toward Queen and Queen II. I also like Sheer Heart Attack. It’s not easy to choose just one. 😉

• 08/09/2017 at 2:25 am

Good choices Eugenia 🙂

4. 08/08/2017 at 10:55 pm

Your poem made me smile. You do have a way with words!

• 08/09/2017 at 9:59 am

Thank you for your kind comment, Patricia. 😄

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

By Alanna Pass

Saranya

Normal thoughts but unique view

A.K. Caggiano

I am lord of the blog, said she.

Beholding Him Ministries

Grace, hope and Truth for each day.

janisinwonderland

A simple life

Capital Nerd

Connecting ideas and people – How books can change our lives

Curious as a Cathy

Enjoying life one experience at a time through photography, music, & occasionally a cup of coffee with friends

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Indira's Blog

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Roaring Rabbit

Poetry, Earth Spirituality and the Artistic Soul.

Moonlighting Scrivener

Changing the world, one word at a time.

Apprendrebeaucoupergosum4ever

Scientia potetia est

skepticalmommy

Life is a continuous journey.Lets make it memorable.

Morpethroad

Random meaningful words on a page

ScribbleDartsfromtheHeart

creative expression and imaginative exploration

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Down the Hall on Your Left

This site is a blog about what has been coasting through my consciousness lately. The things I post will be reflections that I see of the world around me. You may not agree with me or like what I say. In either case - you’ll get over it and I can live with it if it makes you unhappy. Please feel free to leave comments if you wish . All postings are: copyright 2014 - 2018

Polly Eloquent