Tuesday Chatter Weekly

119908-Hot-Coffee

Hey, the Tuesday Chatter Cafe is humming with chatter! Join us in our cozy cafe where the world is muted at eleventy o’clock.  Enjoy your cuppa as we dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

“In general people put too much faith in the rich, the famous, the politicians, and not enough faith in themselves.” Bono

Bits and Pieces

TWA declares bankruptcy, the Minnesota Mall of America is under construction on 78 acres, Euro Disney debuts in France, McDonald’s debuts in Beijing China, the Georgia Superdome in Atlanta finishes construction claiming the largest cable-supported fabric roof, the first nicotine patch is introduced for those who want to quit smoking.

Average cost of a new house $122,500.00, average annual income $30,030.00, average monthly rent $519.00. The cost of a gallon of gas $1.05 and the average cost of new car $16,950.00.

An ounce of politics

Ross Perot announces he will run in the election with Bill Clinton and President Bush, Bill Clinton elected President, Princess Diana and Prince Charles separate.

Weather events

Turkey shakes with 6.8 on the Richter Scale, part of Windsor Castle is damaged by fire-furniture, books and works of art are destroyed by the fire, two strong quakes shake the desert area east of Los Angeles.

Hurricane Andrew begins with a hit on the Bahamas, makes landfall in South Florida and then strikes Southern Louisiana. Hurricane Andrew packed winds of 175 MPH and was a category 5 hurricane. At the time, the hurricane was the costliest natural disaster in US history later surpassed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Hurricane Andrew hit South Florida on August 22nd. My husband, now deceased, and I lived in Hollywood, Fl and owned an insurance agency.  We were on an Alaskan cruise during the time the hurricane hit. I remember a sad and sinking feeling when we returned. The destruction was devastating and so many lives were turned upside down.

We made many water and food trips for our clients and those that were directly in the path of the storm, in South Florida and Southern Louisiana. We saw total leveling of neighborhoods, businesses and even parking lots. Hot and humid weather complicated the cleanup due to mold spores in structures left standing. Abd to add to the misery, there were widespread power outages, which made existing unbearable.

Blurry snapshots of life

Cause confusion and strife

Life’s not tied with a bow

Watch where you dip your toe

Journeys may go adrift

But life’s still a gift

Don’t squint to find the golden egg

Do the boogie with oldpegleg

Hey, you know I’m smitten

Coz I found a lost mitten

A crucial piece of the puzzle

The prize a decadent truffle

Do you want to dance

or draw a Monopoly Chance

Is it me, myself and me

or me, myself and I

Behold the idyllic life and apple pie

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

Darkness of Dreams

Poetry & Prose by John W. Leys

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my other blog dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

C34

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 08/14/2017 at 8:14 pm

Great Bono quote! Way too true.

2. markrickerby
    08/14/2017 at 9:02 pm

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award. 🙂 https://markrickerby.blog/2017/08/14/the-liebster-award/

3. 08/15/2017 at 12:37 pm

Do the boogie with the old pegleg. Have you been speaking to my old dance teacher Eugenia? Another enjoyable Tuesday Chatter.

4. 08/15/2017 at 2:19 pm

Great Tuesday!!

5. 08/16/2017 at 10:54 am

It’s interesting your Tuesday chatter😊

6. 08/17/2017 at 11:45 am

Loved your poem Eugenia..
    “Don’t squint to find the golden egg Do the boogie with oldpegleg” Big smiles.. 🙂
    And apart from Hurricane Andrew and the WIndsor Fire, I can not remember that much about 92.. I was too busy head down in my working day I think ..

Good to catch up alittle with you here today Eugenia.. Hope all is well in your world..
    Hugs Sue 🙂

7. 08/18/2017 at 6:21 am

The sinking feeling is even greater now, when mass killings are organized by human beings, not nature. You are right when you say, “Life’s not tied with a bow Watch where you dip your toe.”

• 08/18/2017 at 11:06 am

I agree, Reena. What’s currently happening is very concerning, to say the least.

8. 08/23/2017 at 1:45 pm

Thank you for the smile with your witty little poem. Indeed these days we’ve got to watch where we dip our toes, and wherever that may be, may we find peace there.

• 08/23/2017 at 10:45 pm

Thank you, Jacqueline. I am glad you enjoyed it. Smiling is good for us. 😁

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan