Tuesday Chatter Weekly

125987-Wonderful-Colors

Hey, the Tuesday Chatter Cafe is humming with chatter! Join us in this cozy place where the world is muted at eleventy o’clock.  Enjoy your cuppa as we dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

“What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.”
Maya Angelou, Wouldn’t Take Nothing for My Journey Now

Bits & Pieces

Harley Davidson Motorcycles turn 90 years old, the first Beanie Babies debut, the first bagless vacuum cleaner is sold by Dyson, Sears reveals it is closing its catalog sales department after 97 years, Brooklyn, NY begins recycling, Hubble repairs begin in space, Buckingham Palace opens its doors to the public.

Average costs

A new house will cost $113,200.00, the annual salary is $31,230.00, monthly rent is  $532.00. The cost is $1.16 per gallon to fill a new car for $12,750.00, Harvard University tuition is $23,514.00.

A Bit of Politics

Janet Reno is selected by Bill Clinton to be the first woman US Attorney General

Weather Events

A blizzard hits the eastern US bringing snow and bad weather from Cuba to Quebec, a 7.8 earthquake off Japan triggers a devastating tsunami, A quake shakes Killari, Maharashtra, India causing massive destruction and loss of life, another shaker hits Flores, Indonesia – 2200 dead, brush fires in Australia destroy the world’s second largest national park – Royal National Park.

Music-

The 1990s offered various genres of music such as pop, rap, and alternative music. During the decade, listeners experienced significant changes in the style and appeal of music from the sexual lyrics of techno to the negativity of grunge to bubblegum pop.

If you enjoy music, I follow several bloggers that do a great job of posting history, videos and interesting facts relevant to music. Just to name a few-

The Sound of One Hand Typing

The Immortal Jukebox

Old Time Rock and Roll

To be flawless or lawless is foolish

Maybe a high sign for the ghoulish

There’s no waiting for Halloween

To dwell on the in-between

Donning a costume and a mask

Doesn’t rid you of the task

Hold on to your potential

Let goals be consequential

Do you waltz or do you boogie

That’s no excuse to play hookey

And remember to tune your forks

Then you won’t get out of sorts

Unless you don’t pay your bookie

Open your wallet and take a looky

You’re beguiling when your styling

But you didn’t get the memo

Is there simplicity in duplicity?

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

J-Dubs Grin and Bear It

J-Dubs Grin and Bear It

dribblingpensioner

Just another pensioner with his thoughts if he can remember them

The Campervan Man

The Campervan Man

The Ramblings of Button Jamboree

Button lover, girl boss, freelance writer, traveller, food explorer, anxious-depressive

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

C34

23 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 08/21/2017 at 12:51 pm

I liked the sound of this line: “Your beguiling when your styling”

2. 08/22/2017 at 6:50 am

More great reminiscence, poetry and a wonderful track. Hadn’t heard it for ages Eugenia. 🙂

3. 08/22/2017 at 7:57 pm

A fun Tuesday chatter! Nice poem!

4. 08/22/2017 at 8:53 pm

Who would’ thunkit, back in the ’90s, that a Harvard education would some day seem like a bargain at over $23.5K a year ?(probably well over $100K to graduate by the time books, etc. have been bought) I don’t know how parents afford college at all these days!

I always liked “Everybody Dance Now!” but I LOVED the video – watched once (no TV for decades so they’re almost all new to me) — then replayed so Tink and I could dance to it.

I, too, follow The Immortal Jukebox – and will check out the other two as well. My fork’s tuned – I waltz AND boogie, and loved this post and poem. Thanks.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD/EFD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• 08/23/2017 at 9:56 am

I’m glad you enjoyed the video. I have to get up and dance when I hear this song. There’s an oldies night club in Atlanta called Johnnies Hideaway and this song is played frequently.

Thanks for visiting and glad you liked my post.

• 08/23/2017 at 12:19 pm

Except for the heat (and the traffic – lol), Atlanta would be a place I’d love to live, for many of the reasons I loved Manhattan – including fun clubs like Johnnies Hideaway. Thanks again for a great post.
        xx,
        mgh

• 08/23/2017 at 6:33 pm

Atlanta is a great city but the traffic is horrendous. During the time I worked, I found timing was everything in getting to and from work. I was lucky to have flex hours, which made the commute bearable.

• 08/23/2017 at 9:51 pm

I can imagine – NYC was crazy enough during rush hour, and we didn’t have to drive it (most of us). I avoided rush hour whenever possible, even with public trans. But I LUV big cities – so much to see and do, an the energy suits me fine!
        xx,
        mgh

5. 08/22/2017 at 9:31 pm

cool post! I’m a bee too haha! great stuff

• 08/23/2017 at 10:00 am

Hey, I love your blog. Stunning pics! I am glad you liked my post.

6. 08/23/2017 at 12:05 am

Simplicity in duplicity … Of course 🙂

7. 08/23/2017 at 12:42 pm

Your poetry is delightfully amazing and the rhymes are my favorite thing about your poetic talents. 🙂 The music brings back good old memories for me.

I love the 90’s and I’m glad I grew up in the time of great music. 🙂

• 08/29/2017 at 11:12 am

Thank you for visiting Tuesday Chatter. I left a comment in your post. 😃

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan