Tuesday Chatter Weekly

207569-the-eclipse.jpg

Hey, the Tuesday Chatter Cafe is humming with chatter! Join me at the cafe where the world is muted at eleventy o’clock.  Enjoy your cuppa as we dwell on thought-provoking and undeniably doubtful drivel.

Tidbits from the year 1994

Bits and Pieces

National Figure Skating won by Tonya Harding, which due to her attack on rival Nancy Kerrigan, she was stripped of her title, the US approved first genetically engineered tomatoes, OJ Simpson flees the police in his white Ford Bronco, Netscape Navigator debuts, Java programming language debuts from Sun Microsystems, 1994 is the year of the 232-day strike by the Major League Base Players Association, which caused the cancellation of the 1994 season, Orange County, California files for bankruptcy protection.

Average Costs

The average cost is $119,050. for a new house and average annual income is $37,070., monthly rent is $533., to gas up a new car costing $12,350. is $1.09 per gallon, a dozen eggs are $.86 and a loaf of bread is $1.59

Music and Culture

Lisa Marie Presley marries Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain, lead singer of the grunge band Nirvana commits suicide. He was 27 years old – February 20, 1967, to April 5, 1994.

The sun is gone, but I have a light. – Kurt Cobain

Weather Events

San Fernando Valley shakes due to a 6.7 magnitude quake, 286,000 acres in Montana destroyed by violent wildfires, Southeastern US suffers damage from tornadoes

C30

Flippity flap and this and that

Allow yourself a pat on the back

Whisper your lines you’ll be fine

No backward talk no ceilings in life

Walk the walk and end all strife

Reset the pecks the woodpecker pecks

Connect the dots for your daily treks

If you learn to do nothing

Does that mean its something

No need to dwell on a false dichotomy

Facts are blurred and lack profundity

Don’t sleepwalk blindly into the morrow

Perception is something one can borrow

logo

beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun! beBee Registration

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C26

The Reluctant Poet

A Discovery of Enlightening Insights. Information, Humor, Writing, and Musings

Kip Walkin

The site for inspired & original poetry, quotes, articles and stories….as products of Pen on Paper!

TizzyMatic

You can call me Tae, Tizzy, Matic, or my full nickname, TizzyMatic.

Notes from the U.K.

Exploring the spidery corners of a culture and the weird stuff that tourist brochures ignore

Super Pinay Mom

I am Jac

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry and quotes- ThusNSuch

C34

22 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 08/28/2017 at 11:44 am

Can I borrow some perception Eugenia. Apparently men have differing perceptions to women, or so my ex wife’s legal team said 🙂 Loved the poem.

• 08/29/2017 at 11:09 am

I love your comment, Davy, and I’m glad you enjoyed my poem. I believe men and women’s perceptions of each other can become easily confused. There seems to be too much pressure from others and what they think.

• 08/30/2017 at 12:54 am

So true Eugenia. I have given up trying to work it out. We should just embrace whatever comes along.

2. 08/28/2017 at 12:29 pm

The poem is elegantly superb!

I can tell you have lots of knowledge of the 90’s era. You and I have a lot in common when it comes to the 90’s. The O.J. Simpson Ford Bronco chase was the highlight of that year. I remember it like it was yesterday.

• 08/29/2017 at 11:10 am

Yes, I remember it well and now OJ will be out of jail in October. An ongoing saga.

3. 08/28/2017 at 1:34 pm

Another fun day! Thanks for a great Tuesday chatter

4. 08/28/2017 at 1:45 pm

And now Netscape is nowhere to be found.

• 08/29/2017 at 11:52 am

Yep, the advances in technology just in the last 10 years are amazing.

5. 08/28/2017 at 1:48 pm

I wonder if gas will get back to $1.09 a gallon. It seems hard to believe it was that low, however, when I was a teenager it was only twenty-five cents.

• 08/29/2017 at 11:59 am

I remember those days, as well. We filled up yesterday at 2.08 a gallon and that was discounted due to our fuel points from Kroger.

6. 08/28/2017 at 4:00 pm

1994… some things I remember well, and other things I don’t recall at all,Eugenia. It also feels like it was only a couple of years ago… but 23??? Wow.

• 08/29/2017 at 12:02 pm

I agree some of the memories seem like yesterday and others are just a blur. I believe it depends on how we relate to the events that took place.

• 09/02/2017 at 1:54 pm

…and, I’d add, how often the events are repeated in the news! 🙂

7. 08/29/2017 at 12:02 pm

Perception can be borrowed, but our microprocessors give different results.

8. 08/29/2017 at 1:12 pm

Yes, they do indeed. Excellent comment, Reena.

• 08/29/2017 at 9:36 pm

Hey, no problem Tena. I’m delighted when you visit and understand that you are very busy.

9. 09/01/2017 at 1:43 am

I learn quite a bit from your Tuesday’s chatter. Like a mini history lesson 🙂

• 09/01/2017 at 4:13 pm

Thank you, Jacqueline. I learn a lot while doing the research.

w

Writer's Intuition.

Poems, stories, and how to write them!

Non-Euclidean Sofa

Mostly Adequate!

Writing with probability

The die is cast, for the mundane to the revolutionary

clcouch123

a place to talk so talk I'll talk we'll talk

Enigma

Fire in your veins, magic in your bones, allow yourself to heal and learn to embrace your uniqueness to find a way out of this labyrinth...

The Curiosity Inspires

Be Inquisitive & You Will Find Your WAY...!!

Pointed Home

We've Still Got Time

A Word Of Substance

"Object Relations"

My KalEYEdoscope

See what I see...

D.E. Haggerty

Writer, Blogger, Book Addict

Blog Everything

Either read something worth writing or write something worth reading

renegade7x

Natalia's space

Dread Poets Sobriety

The Inane Ramblings of a Fractured Mind

Globetrotting Grandpa

"Tis not too late to seek a newer world"

Хокку