Yellow Rose to Texas

Sharing a yellow rose from Svein for all of our friends in Texas.

See Norway - Se Norge

Det er en sang om ‘Texas gule rose’, men jeg kan aldri tenke meg at sangforfatteren hadde en tropisk storm av et format som stormen ‘Harvey’ i tankene? Så jeg tillater meg å gjøre en lett omskrivning av denne teksten og sender en digital gul rose til alle som har blitt rammet, og ikke minst til hjelpemannskaper som gang på gang blir tvunget til å yte langt mer enn forventet og samtidig ta vanskelige avgjørelser langt ut over det vanlige. Vi føler med dere! Og tommelen opp for alle som står klar i Louisiana!
There is a song named ‘The Yellow Rose of Texas’, but I really don’t think the songwriter in he’s wildest dreams could imagine a tropical storm of such proportions as the storm named ‘Harvey’?
So today I’m taking the liberty of re-writing a piece of the caption, sending a yellow rose to Texas; – to all…

View original post 75 more words

19 comments for “Yellow Rose to Texas

1. 08/31/2017 at 11:29 am

Thank you! Perhaps I may bring some more joy to Texas if they may spare the time to look at pictures, but I imagine they have their hands full?

• 08/31/2017 at 2:54 pm

They have a hard road to tow ahead of them Many have no electricity and won’t for some time. The water got so high that many were rescued from the roof of their homes. They have also had to shut down refineries due to damage from flooding. It will take a long time for them to see normalcy. Imagine 6 feet of water in your home – not 6 inches but 6 feet. Those that have flood insurance will still suffer a financial loss as the coverage is not adequate in many cases.

Now, there is another storm on its way and it is already a category 2 storm. Let’s hope it takes a turn away from the US.

• 08/31/2017 at 5:08 pm

Aw, that’s bad! And yes I know what that amounty of water may do (or should I say ‘will do’?!)
        As for not hitting the US I’m afraid that I’ll have to disappoint you! I haven read anything about the new storm,k but I’ve been sailing the worlds oceans for nearly 10 years and I know that throught hurrican season they tend to arrive from the south Atlantic, cross into the Mexican Gulf an d turn Northward. Exactly where they turn towards North may vary somewhat, so let’s hope that Houston has had it’s share this year!?

• 09/01/2017 at 4:33 pm

Yes, Houston and some the other cities in Texas need a break. Most likely, Harvey is going to be costlier than Katrina. It’s to watch what these people are going through.

2. 09/01/2017 at 8:38 pm

Something about Yellow roses that makes me believe that life is hopeful for mankind and mother earth herself. Beautiful. 🙂

3. 09/02/2017 at 12:09 am

Yellow are my fave colour roses. They mean friendship

4. 09/04/2017 at 5:47 am

Wonderful gesture by Svein.. ❤

5. 09/05/2017 at 8:53 pm

I can’t represent all of Texas (it’s a very big place y’all 🙂 ) but I can represent Pearland (just south of Houston) – and for all of us – Thank you Eugenia!!

• 09/06/2017 at 9:23 am

Thank you and thank you to Svein for dedicating his beautiful photo of the yellow rose to Texas. I wish you a bright and safe future.

6. 09/06/2017 at 8:46 pm

Ditto to you Eugenia – the very best!!

7. 09/14/2017 at 6:03 pm

Excellent

w

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

a inspiraars

Paintbrush Says.... a story of who you are!

moviewarden.wordpress.com/

Motion-picture Reviews

Rich Briere & Oakley's Ghost

Sonic Laden Tales of the Swamp Dwellers

The Hunt And Peck Blog

Take a deep breath

Revolutionary Musings

My everyday thoughts as they come to me

Ushma Patel

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.

Marnie Writes

Books, Writing, and Food

The Flawddess

That Old School and Hopeless Romantic Girl Who Still Believes In Fairytales..!!💟

The Mad Puppeteer

Warden of Words // Shaper of Stories

Comedy FESTIVAL

Film and Writing Festival for Comedy. Showcasing best of comedy short films at the FEEDBACK Film Festival. Plus, showcasing best of comedy novels, short stories, poems, screenplays (TV, short, feature) at the festival performed by professional actors.

From Private to Public

Give a teacher a pencil, and they'll write a masterpiece...or at least tell you they did.

Darswords

Musings about Havenverse

The Musing Quill

A Blog on Writing, Poetry, Short Stories and Books.

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

Fmme writes poems

This is a space for me to write, share my words and play with poetry. You are very welcome here.