Yellow Rose to Texas

Sharing a yellow rose from Svein for all of our friends in Texas.

See Norway - Se Norge

Det er en sang om ‘Texas gule rose’, men jeg kan aldri tenke meg at sangforfatteren hadde en tropisk storm av et format som stormen ‘Harvey’ i tankene? Så jeg tillater meg å gjøre en lett omskrivning av denne teksten og sender en digital gul rose til alle som har blitt rammet, og ikke minst til hjelpemannskaper som gang på gang blir tvunget til å yte langt mer enn forventet og samtidig ta vanskelige avgjørelser langt ut over det vanlige. Vi føler med dere! Og tommelen opp for alle som står klar i Louisiana!
There is a song named ‘The Yellow Rose of Texas’, but I really don’t think the songwriter in he’s wildest dreams could imagine a tropical storm of such proportions as the storm named ‘Harvey’?
So today I’m taking the liberty of re-writing a piece of the caption, sending a yellow rose to Texas; – to all…

View original post 75 more words

19 comments for “Yellow Rose to Texas

1. 08/31/2017 at 11:29 am

Thank you! Perhaps I may bring some more joy to Texas if they may spare the time to look at pictures, but I imagine they have their hands full?

• 08/31/2017 at 2:54 pm

They have a hard road to tow ahead of them Many have no electricity and won’t for some time. The water got so high that many were rescued from the roof of their homes. They have also had to shut down refineries due to damage from flooding. It will take a long time for them to see normalcy. Imagine 6 feet of water in your home – not 6 inches but 6 feet. Those that have flood insurance will still suffer a financial loss as the coverage is not adequate in many cases.

Now, there is another storm on its way and it is already a category 2 storm. Let’s hope it takes a turn away from the US.

• 08/31/2017 at 5:08 pm

Aw, that’s bad! And yes I know what that amounty of water may do (or should I say ‘will do’?!)
        As for not hitting the US I’m afraid that I’ll have to disappoint you! I haven read anything about the new storm,k but I’ve been sailing the worlds oceans for nearly 10 years and I know that throught hurrican season they tend to arrive from the south Atlantic, cross into the Mexican Gulf an d turn Northward. Exactly where they turn towards North may vary somewhat, so let’s hope that Houston has had it’s share this year!?

• 09/01/2017 at 4:33 pm

Yes, Houston and some the other cities in Texas need a break. Most likely, Harvey is going to be costlier than Katrina. It’s to watch what these people are going through.

2. 09/01/2017 at 8:38 pm

Something about Yellow roses that makes me believe that life is hopeful for mankind and mother earth herself. Beautiful. 🙂

3. 09/02/2017 at 12:09 am

Yellow are my fave colour roses. They mean friendship

4. 09/04/2017 at 5:47 am

Wonderful gesture by Svein.. ❤

5. 09/05/2017 at 8:53 pm

I can’t represent all of Texas (it’s a very big place y’all 🙂 ) but I can represent Pearland (just south of Houston) – and for all of us – Thank you Eugenia!!

• 09/06/2017 at 9:23 am

Thank you and thank you to Svein for dedicating his beautiful photo of the yellow rose to Texas. I wish you a bright and safe future.

6. 09/06/2017 at 8:46 pm

Ditto to you Eugenia – the very best!!

7. 09/14/2017 at 6:03 pm

Excellent

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan