Yellow Rose to Texas

See Norway - Se Norge

Det er en sang om ‘Texas gule rose’, men jeg kan aldri tenke meg at sangforfatteren hadde en tropisk storm av et format som stormen ‘Harvey’ i tankene? Så jeg tillater meg å gjøre en lett omskrivning av denne teksten og sender en digital gul rose til alle som har blitt rammet, og ikke minst til hjelpemannskaper som gang på gang blir tvunget til å yte langt mer enn forventet og samtidig ta vanskelige avgjørelser langt ut over det vanlige. Vi føler med dere! Og tommelen opp for alle som står klar i Louisiana!
There is a song named ‘The Yellow Rose of Texas’, but I really don’t think the songwriter in he’s wildest dreams could imagine a tropical storm of such proportions as the storm named ‘Harvey’?
So today I’m taking the liberty of re-writing a piece of the caption, sending a yellow rose to Texas; – to all…

View original post 75 more words

19 comments for “Yellow Rose to Texas

1. 08/31/2017 at 11:29 am

Thank you! Perhaps I may bring some more joy to Texas if they may spare the time to look at pictures, but I imagine they have their hands full?

• 08/31/2017 at 2:54 pm

They have a hard road to tow ahead of them Many have no electricity and won’t for some time. The water got so high that many were rescued from the roof of their homes. They have also had to shut down refineries due to damage from flooding. It will take a long time for them to see normalcy. Imagine 6 feet of water in your home – not 6 inches but 6 feet. Those that have flood insurance will still suffer a financial loss as the coverage is not adequate in many cases.

Now, there is another storm on its way and it is already a category 2 storm. Let’s hope it takes a turn away from the US.

• 08/31/2017 at 5:08 pm

Aw, that’s bad! And yes I know what that amounty of water may do (or should I say ‘will do’?!)
        As for not hitting the US I’m afraid that I’ll have to disappoint you! I haven read anything about the new storm,k but I’ve been sailing the worlds oceans for nearly 10 years and I know that throught hurrican season they tend to arrive from the south Atlantic, cross into the Mexican Gulf an d turn Northward. Exactly where they turn towards North may vary somewhat, so let’s hope that Houston has had it’s share this year!?

• 09/01/2017 at 4:33 pm

Yes, Houston and some the other cities in Texas need a break. Most likely, Harvey is going to be costlier than Katrina. It’s to watch what these people are going through.

2. 09/01/2017 at 8:38 pm

Something about Yellow roses that makes me believe that life is hopeful for mankind and mother earth herself. Beautiful. 🙂

3. 09/02/2017 at 12:09 am

Yellow are my fave colour roses. They mean friendship

4. 09/04/2017 at 5:47 am

Wonderful gesture by Svein.. ❤

5. 09/05/2017 at 8:53 pm

I can’t represent all of Texas (it’s a very big place y’all 🙂 ) but I can represent Pearland (just south of Houston) – and for all of us – Thank you Eugenia!!

• 09/06/2017 at 9:23 am

Thank you and thank you to Svein for dedicating his beautiful photo of the yellow rose to Texas. I wish you a bright and safe future.

6. 09/06/2017 at 8:46 pm

Ditto to you Eugenia – the very best!!

7. 09/14/2017 at 6:03 pm

Excellent

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...