Yellow Rose to Texas

See Norway - Se Norge

Det er en sang om ‘Texas gule rose’, men jeg kan aldri tenke meg at sangforfatteren hadde en tropisk storm av et format som stormen ‘Harvey’ i tankene? Så jeg tillater meg å gjøre en lett omskrivning av denne teksten og sender en digital gul rose til alle som har blitt rammet, og ikke minst til hjelpemannskaper som gang på gang blir tvunget til å yte langt mer enn forventet og samtidig ta vanskelige avgjørelser langt ut over det vanlige. Vi føler med dere! Og tommelen opp for alle som står klar i Louisiana!
There is a song named ‘The Yellow Rose of Texas’, but I really don’t think the songwriter in he’s wildest dreams could imagine a tropical storm of such proportions as the storm named ‘Harvey’?
So today I’m taking the liberty of re-writing a piece of the caption, sending a yellow rose to Texas; – to all…

View original post 75 more words

19 comments for “Yellow Rose to Texas

1. 08/31/2017 at 11:29 am

Thank you! Perhaps I may bring some more joy to Texas if they may spare the time to look at pictures, but I imagine they have their hands full?

• 08/31/2017 at 2:54 pm

They have a hard road to tow ahead of them Many have no electricity and won’t for some time. The water got so high that many were rescued from the roof of their homes. They have also had to shut down refineries due to damage from flooding. It will take a long time for them to see normalcy. Imagine 6 feet of water in your home – not 6 inches but 6 feet. Those that have flood insurance will still suffer a financial loss as the coverage is not adequate in many cases.

Now, there is another storm on its way and it is already a category 2 storm. Let’s hope it takes a turn away from the US.

• 08/31/2017 at 5:08 pm

Aw, that’s bad! And yes I know what that amounty of water may do (or should I say ‘will do’?!)
        As for not hitting the US I’m afraid that I’ll have to disappoint you! I haven read anything about the new storm,k but I’ve been sailing the worlds oceans for nearly 10 years and I know that throught hurrican season they tend to arrive from the south Atlantic, cross into the Mexican Gulf an d turn Northward. Exactly where they turn towards North may vary somewhat, so let’s hope that Houston has had it’s share this year!?

• 09/01/2017 at 4:33 pm

Yes, Houston and some the other cities in Texas need a break. Most likely, Harvey is going to be costlier than Katrina. It’s to watch what these people are going through.

2. 09/01/2017 at 8:38 pm

Something about Yellow roses that makes me believe that life is hopeful for mankind and mother earth herself. Beautiful. 🙂

3. 09/02/2017 at 12:09 am

Yellow are my fave colour roses. They mean friendship

4. 09/04/2017 at 5:47 am

Wonderful gesture by Svein.. ❤

5. 09/05/2017 at 8:53 pm

I can’t represent all of Texas (it’s a very big place y’all 🙂 ) but I can represent Pearland (just south of Houston) – and for all of us – Thank you Eugenia!!

• 09/06/2017 at 9:23 am

Thank you and thank you to Svein for dedicating his beautiful photo of the yellow rose to Texas. I wish you a bright and safe future.

6. 09/06/2017 at 8:46 pm

Ditto to you Eugenia – the very best!!

7. 09/14/2017 at 6:03 pm

Excellent

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.