Hey, the Tuesday Chatter Cafe is humming with chatter! Join me at the cafe where the world is muted at eleventy o’clock. Enjoy your cuppa as we chat about backward apostrophes, upside down commas, and dwell on ideas that are pure twaddle.
Tidbits and Pieces – the year 1995
World Population 5,674,380,000
Michael Jordan returns to the NBA ending his retirement, Steve Fossett is the first to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a hot air balloon, OJ Simpson is found innocent
The average annual income is $35,933 while the average cost of a new house is $113,150, average monthly rent is $550, cost of a gallon of gas is 1.09 to fill up a new car at $15,500, a loaf of bread costs 2.02, ground coffee per lb 4.07, a dozen eggs 87 cents.
Cost of a Superbowl ad in 1995 $1,150,000.
Japan shakes due to a 7.3 magnitude quake, Russia trembles due to a 7.6 magnitude quake, a heat wave with temps exceeding 104 degrees sizzles the Midwestern US for 5 consecutive days, 1995 tied with 1887, 2010, 2011 and 2012 in a number of named storms in the Atlantic Basin.
1995 produced 19 named storms, 11 hurricanes, and 5 major hurricanes during the Atlantic Hurricane season
- The rock group Queen releases their final studio album, Made in Heaven, selling 20 million copies worldwide
- Cher releases, It’s a Man’s World, her first album in four years, which debuts in the US – June 1996
- The Grateful Dead perform their final show with Jerry Garcia at Chicago’s Soldier Field in July. Jerry Garcia passes away from a heart attack in August
- Tommy Lee, drummer for Motley Crue marries Pamela Anderson from Baywatch on a beach in Cancun, Mexico
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opens in Cleveland, OH
- Mariah Carey debuts her album Daydream at Madison Square Garden
- Coolio won a Grammy Award for Gangsta’s Paradise, which was named the best single of the year
You’ll never guess what we saw
While hitchin a ride on the seesaw
Guffaw guffaw where’s the flaw
Guffaw guffaw where’s the law
Noodle the thought of what you’ve been taught
Don’t doubt yourself over what you have sought
Boom shhhocka locka morrows can’t be bought
Don’t muddle the puddle lest you get caught
Life’s an ongoing school three coins in the pool
Zip up your mouth and don’t be a fool
Don’t etch your mind with splintered echoes
You may lose out on the mellow yellows
Buy yourself a pair of stilettos
And rise above those morbid fellows
beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. Come and join in the fun! beBee Registration
Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe
Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!
comfort and joy from my home to yours
My Expressions – unexpressed thoughts
Inspirational kwotes, stories and images
Welcome to the website of SoundEagle, a web designer, social media manager, writer, researcher, artist and musician
This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter
Please stop in and visit ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch