Tuesday Chatter Weekly

205980-Autumn-Lanterns

C’mon in and take a break because the Tuesday Chatter Cafe is buzzing! Join us at the cafe where echoes are not allowed in. Enjoy your cuppa as we chat about flippity flap and this and that, and dwell on ideas that are pure twaddle.

1997 was an interesting year for me. I left Florida and moved to Marlton, New Jersey in November 1995. Marlton is a census-designated unincorporated community located in Evesham Township, New Jersey. The background of Marlton and Evesham Township is quite interesting and should you want to delve into some history here is the link Evesham Township, New Jersey.

Marlton is about 20 minutes from Philadelphia, which we would frequent the shops, restaurants, and bars on South Street. I loved it because it was a whole new experience for me. I adored the change of the seasons and since my favorite season is fall, I fell in love with Marlton. Fall festivals were in abundance and enticing aromas of fall would fill the air. The weather was crisp and cool and I could wear my favorite fall clothes.

This time in my life was an interesting chapter and I will chat more about Marlton, and the North American Blizzard of 1996 in my next Tuesday Chatter.

Tidbits and Pieces – the year 1997

General Hodge-Podge

Microsoft becomes the worlds most valuable company at $261 billion; Internet Explorer 4 debuts; Woolworth’s closes the remaining discount stores; the largest merger in history is announced by Worldcom and MCI; the successful cloning of a sheep named Dolly is announced by scientists in Scotland.

People

Princess Diana dies in a car crash in Paris; Tony Blair becomes the PM of the United Kingdom; Mother Teresa dies in Calcutta; Tiger Woods at 21 becomes the youngest golfer to win the Masters; a civil jury finds OJ Simpson guilty; Madeleine Albright becomes the first female Secretary of State in the US.

Average Costs in the US

Annual income is $37,000; the cost of a new house is $124,100; monthly Rent $576; cost of new car $16,900 and to fill it up is $1.22 per gallon.

Weather

A tornado spins through Jarrell, TX leaving 27 dead; the Greenhouse Effect is causing an increase in ground ice breaking off in Alaska; Pakistan shakes due to a quake leaving 45 dead

Music and Culture

Paul McCartney of The Beatles is knighted by Queen Elizabeth II; Steve Irwin’s, The Crocodile Hunter, debuts; Ellen DeGeneres admits she is gay in front of 42 million TV viewers; the longest prime-time running series is the Simpsons; Elton John releases Candle In the Wind 1997 as a tribute to Princess Diana; Disney’s Lion King opens in NYC at the New Amsterdam Theater.

Disquieted by recent events

Where’s the common sense

So much hurry and flurry

A clock face paled and blurry

Paperdoll sheeple lead the parade

So proud of their masquerade

Masking faces and playing aces

Don’t have a name but have a game

Asking where to lay the blame

The playground bully is an adult

A master of the word insult

Let’s clink cups before time’s up

And chat about wazzup

Have you heard of fake news

Can it be accused

Is mindfulness a lost art

We’d know if we were smart

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

Blushy Darling

My name is Mimi and in this blog I’m going talk all things beauty: Make up, Skincare and possibly hair (although I’m terrible at it!)

beetleypete

The musings of a Londoner, now living in Norfolk

Roland Millward

Life, People & Travel

Journey of a Lifestyle

Travel  & Lifestyle in a New Home

I Am A Sonic Boomer, Not A Senior

In this blog, I am writing to and for those who believe that the Boomers will change what the word Senior means.

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

This is Tuesday Chatter, a weekly event! Please leave the link to your blog, giving others the opportunity to appreciate your talents. Here’s the link to the how-tos- Tuesday Chatter

Please stop in and visit my other blog, dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

14 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

• 09/18/2017 at 4:45 pm

Your link that you left in the comment area leads to a blank page. I am adding the link to your blog so other bloggers can access it.

• 09/18/2017 at 4:48 pm

Weird, but then again, that link was to second blog which even my phone complains to me about. Almondcoffeed is open and alive.

1. 09/19/2017 at 11:25 am

Thanks for taking me down memory lane every week, as i recount what was happening in my life. Princess Diana’s death moved everybody in the world. It was not just a news item, ‘Candle in the wind’ by Elton John was telecast everywhere.

• 09/19/2017 at 12:21 pm

Diana’s death was a shock. She was lovely, gracious and genuine. Such a terrible loss. I am glad you are enjoying the trips down memory lane. 😉

2. 09/19/2017 at 11:33 am

Analyzing political innuendos are fun in poetry. I enjoyed your today.

• 09/19/2017 at 12:26 pm

Yes, I agree. I feel I can express my feelings without being offensive. The world is very sensitive in these current times.

3. 09/19/2017 at 5:25 pm

This was fun and it seems like it was not so long ago! Love the Fall photo!

4. 09/19/2017 at 6:14 pm

Thank you so much, Lynn.

5. Davy D
    09/20/2017 at 5:21 am

1997 was certainly an interest packed year Eugenia. Thank you for the reminders and trip down memory lane 🙂

6. 09/20/2017 at 9:30 am

I am glad you enjoyed it, Davy.

7. 09/20/2017 at 3:09 pm

this is fascinating 🙂 thanks for the interesting read!

• 09/20/2017 at 4:11 pm

I am delighted you enjoyed it. I’m on my way to check out your blog! 😃

Anxiety Calls

Dreamer. Writer. Worrier.

thoughts, musings, and stuff

poetry, mental health, and ideas on life

PT Master Guide

Useful and Advance Guide for aspiring physiotherapist

Levi Kemari

HAPPINESS is the highest level of success

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space