A Final Song

109108-Colour-Of-Music2

Winter played her song

She loved the chill in the air

Divine harmonies

Summer played her song

She loved the warmth of the sun

Divine harmonies

Spring played her song

She loved the new beginnings

Divine harmonies

Autumn played her song

Her life’s final transition

Divine harmonies

My poem is a tribute to my Mom, which was an inspirational nudge from Chuck, owner of The Reluctant Poet blog on WordPress.com, after he read and commented on my piece, Remember.

A beautiful tribute by Chuck to his Dad can be found at A Special Time with Him

My message to Chuck and all of us that love to express ourselves by using the pen is reflected by my favorite author, Maya Angelou.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.-Maya Angelou

C34

16 comments for “A Final Song

1. 11/30/2017 at 1:56 pm

The seasons always speak to me, as they truly mirror the stages of life. This poem reminds me of my recent Giving Thanks essay. It was from November 17.
    Seasons of Life
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

P.S. Maya is a great author. I have several that I love, including her. I am always moved by Kahlil Gibran. His philosophy was powerful in his lyrical writing. Hugs.

2. 11/30/2017 at 3:59 pm

Oh My! This is such an elegant and exquisite poem about your Mom! I am so happy that you were able to go back into the memories of your time and relationship with your Mom and bring this precious and loving gift back to us to share with you! i am honored to have read your Remembered and to have encouraged you with a tiny nudge to write from your heart about your Mom! i hope this brings you happiness in knowing that we too have now enjoyed your relationship with your Mom through your words here!

I plead guilty to a nudge! Ha!
    Chuck
    xo

3. 11/30/2017 at 7:55 pm

Good tribute! A worthy tribute to a great mom. Blessings to all moms in the world, they are priceless 😉

4. 11/30/2017 at 9:28 pm

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:
    Come and read Eugenia’s elegant and tender piece – “A Final Song”

5. 12/01/2017 at 6:38 am

A beautiful poem and tribute Eugenia and each verse mirrors the passage of life.

6. 12/01/2017 at 6:53 am

A beautiful poem Eugenia. 🌼

7. 12/01/2017 at 12:06 pm

You put so much effort into making your blogs visually appealing. I like that.

• 12/01/2017 at 1:29 pm

What a nice comment and thank you. I have fun playing with it.

8. 12/03/2017 at 9:46 am

A beautiful tribute to your Mum Eugenia.. And a great ode to the seasons too 🙂

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan