A Final Song

109108-Colour-Of-Music2

Winter played her song

She loved the chill in the air

Divine harmonies

Summer played her song

She loved the warmth of the sun

Divine harmonies

Spring played her song

She loved the new beginnings

Divine harmonies

Autumn played her song

Her life’s final transition

Divine harmonies

My poem is a tribute to my Mom, which was an inspirational nudge from Chuck, owner of The Reluctant Poet blog on WordPress.com, after he read and commented on my piece, Remember.

A beautiful tribute by Chuck to his Dad can be found at A Special Time with Him

My message to Chuck and all of us that love to express ourselves by using the pen is reflected by my favorite author, Maya Angelou.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.-Maya Angelou

C34

16 comments for “A Final Song

1. 11/30/2017 at 1:56 pm

The seasons always speak to me, as they truly mirror the stages of life. This poem reminds me of my recent Giving Thanks essay. It was from November 17.
    Seasons of Life
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

P.S. Maya is a great author. I have several that I love, including her. I am always moved by Kahlil Gibran. His philosophy was powerful in his lyrical writing. Hugs.

2. 11/30/2017 at 3:59 pm

Oh My! This is such an elegant and exquisite poem about your Mom! I am so happy that you were able to go back into the memories of your time and relationship with your Mom and bring this precious and loving gift back to us to share with you! i am honored to have read your Remembered and to have encouraged you with a tiny nudge to write from your heart about your Mom! i hope this brings you happiness in knowing that we too have now enjoyed your relationship with your Mom through your words here!

I plead guilty to a nudge! Ha!
    Chuck
    xo

3. 11/30/2017 at 7:55 pm

Good tribute! A worthy tribute to a great mom. Blessings to all moms in the world, they are priceless 😉

4. 11/30/2017 at 9:28 pm

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:
    Come and read Eugenia’s elegant and tender piece – “A Final Song”

5. Davy D
    12/01/2017 at 6:38 am

A beautiful poem and tribute Eugenia and each verse mirrors the passage of life.

6. 12/01/2017 at 6:53 am

A beautiful poem Eugenia. 🌼

7. 12/01/2017 at 12:06 pm

You put so much effort into making your blogs visually appealing. I like that.

• 12/01/2017 at 1:29 pm

What a nice comment and thank you. I have fun playing with it.

8. 12/03/2017 at 9:46 am

A beautiful tribute to your Mum Eugenia.. And a great ode to the seasons too 🙂

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.