A Final Song

109108-Colour-Of-Music2

Winter played her song

She loved the chill in the air

Divine harmonies

Summer played her song

She loved the warmth of the sun

Divine harmonies

Spring played her song

She loved the new beginnings

Divine harmonies

Autumn played her song

Her life’s final transition

Divine harmonies

-Eugenia

My poem is a tribute to my Mom, which was an inspirational nudge from Chuck, owner of The Reluctant Poet blog on WordPress.com, after he read and commented on my piece, Remember.

A beautiful tribute by Chuck to his Dad can be found at A Special Time with Him

My message to Chuck and all of us that love to express ourselves by using the pen is reflected by my favorite author, Maya Angelou.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.-Maya Angelou

Cheers!

C34

16 comments for “A Final Song

1. 11/30/2017 at 1:56 pm

The seasons always speak to me, as they truly mirror the stages of life. This poem reminds me of my recent Giving Thanks essay. It was from November 17.
    Seasons of Life
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

P.S. Maya is a great author. I have several that I love, including her. I am always moved by Kahlil Gibran. His philosophy was powerful in his lyrical writing. Hugs.

2. 11/30/2017 at 3:59 pm

Oh My! This is such an elegant and exquisite poem about your Mom! I am so happy that you were able to go back into the memories of your time and relationship with your Mom and bring this precious and loving gift back to us to share with you! i am honored to have read your Remembered and to have encouraged you with a tiny nudge to write from your heart about your Mom! i hope this brings you happiness in knowing that we too have now enjoyed your relationship with your Mom through your words here!

I plead guilty to a nudge! Ha!
    Chuck
    xo

3. 11/30/2017 at 7:55 pm

Good tribute! A worthy tribute to a great mom. Blessings to all moms in the world, they are priceless 😉

4. 11/30/2017 at 9:28 pm

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:
    Come and read Eugenia’s elegant and tender piece – “A Final Song”

5. 12/01/2017 at 6:38 am

A beautiful poem and tribute Eugenia and each verse mirrors the passage of life.

6. 12/01/2017 at 6:53 am

A beautiful poem Eugenia. 🌼

7. 12/01/2017 at 12:06 pm

You put so much effort into making your blogs visually appealing. I like that.

• 12/01/2017 at 1:29 pm

What a nice comment and thank you. I have fun playing with it.

8. 12/03/2017 at 9:46 am

A beautiful tribute to your Mum Eugenia.. And a great ode to the seasons too 🙂

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Dwordslayer

Lets talk...

"USA Through Our Eyes"

Stories told through Words, Photographs, Videos & Sounds

Artie & Stu

all the rules of free form

IdeasBecomeWords

Some Fiction & Some Facts

Phone Care Center

Experts in Apple & Samsung galaxy

yaskhan

Poetry, free verse, haiku, senryu, photography, books, art, philosophy , nature.

Publication Advisors

Help With Publishing

janetgivens

A fine WordPress.com site

janisinwonderland

A simple life

IMPREINT journal

The official bulletin of the artist IMPREINT created to repost excerpts from 'En plein air'.

Product Reviewer NW

Beauty and makeup reviews 💕

vanbytheriver

Living Life. Paying Attention.

Book Editing

Professional book editing for fiction and nonfiction writers

Splodge and Splatter

Words (and pictures, for that matter!)

SUBDUED FLAMBOYANCE

A blog by Dr. Abhinav Majumder

Evan Ramos Writes

The creative writing of Evan Ramos

Swiping Stories

Tales from Tinder and other crazy stories from my online dating experience.