A Final Song

109108-Colour-Of-Music2

Winter played her song

She loved the chill in the air

Divine harmonies

Summer played her song

She loved the warmth of the sun

Divine harmonies

Spring played her song

She loved the new beginnings

Divine harmonies

Autumn played her song

Her life’s final transition

Divine harmonies

My poem is a tribute to my Mom, which was an inspirational nudge from Chuck, owner of The Reluctant Poet blog on WordPress.com, after he read and commented on my piece, Remember.

A beautiful tribute by Chuck to his Dad can be found at A Special Time with Him

My message to Chuck and all of us that love to express ourselves by using the pen is reflected by my favorite author, Maya Angelou.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.-Maya Angelou

C34

16 comments for “A Final Song

1. 11/30/2017 at 1:56 pm

The seasons always speak to me, as they truly mirror the stages of life. This poem reminds me of my recent Giving Thanks essay. It was from November 17.
    Seasons of Life
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

P.S. Maya is a great author. I have several that I love, including her. I am always moved by Kahlil Gibran. His philosophy was powerful in his lyrical writing. Hugs.

2. 11/30/2017 at 3:59 pm

Oh My! This is such an elegant and exquisite poem about your Mom! I am so happy that you were able to go back into the memories of your time and relationship with your Mom and bring this precious and loving gift back to us to share with you! i am honored to have read your Remembered and to have encouraged you with a tiny nudge to write from your heart about your Mom! i hope this brings you happiness in knowing that we too have now enjoyed your relationship with your Mom through your words here!

I plead guilty to a nudge! Ha!
    Chuck
    xo

3. 11/30/2017 at 7:55 pm

Good tribute! A worthy tribute to a great mom. Blessings to all moms in the world, they are priceless 😉

4. 11/30/2017 at 9:28 pm

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:
    Come and read Eugenia’s elegant and tender piece – “A Final Song”

5. Davy D
    12/01/2017 at 6:38 am

A beautiful poem and tribute Eugenia and each verse mirrors the passage of life.

6. 12/01/2017 at 6:53 am

A beautiful poem Eugenia. 🌼

7. 12/01/2017 at 12:06 pm

You put so much effort into making your blogs visually appealing. I like that.

• 12/01/2017 at 1:29 pm

What a nice comment and thank you. I have fun playing with it.

8. 12/03/2017 at 9:46 am

A beautiful tribute to your Mum Eugenia.. And a great ode to the seasons too 🙂

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...