Attitude

pexels-photo-357209

The handwriting on the wall

Yes, she knew and we knew

His voice shook the halls

She was a bit of a shrew

But cringed as gossips stared

Her assignment not prepared

She was hired coz she had guts

She knew he was nuts

Well, I knew she had it in her

She could make a lion purr

Yep, I learned a lesson that day

There’s a lot to be said about

Wanting to do it my way

“The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind”-Maya Angelou

why

Reena’s Exploration Challenge Reena’s Exploration Challenge 16

Please stop in and visit my other blog- ThusNSuch

Thus1 Eugenia

image-Pexels

27 comments for “Attitude

1. 12/09/2017 at 2:29 pm

this is so beautiful attitude and positive energy!!

2. 12/09/2017 at 2:54 pm

Love it, Eunice! ❤

3. 12/09/2017 at 3:51 pm

A forthright poem, standing up, and being our true individual self.

• 12/09/2017 at 6:27 pm

Yep, and the results may just surprise us. 🙂

4. 12/09/2017 at 4:48 pm

I thought I’d at least secure one Norwegian flag on your counter, but I guess they don’t much like Norwegians? So I’ll drop a comment as well. May be someone will wake up?

• 12/09/2017 at 6:30 pm

Wow! are you back? Maybe I have to add Norway to my counter? I was under the impression most countries are available.

• 12/10/2017 at 9:18 am

I thought the flag counter automatically gave you the number of ‘likes’ from each country as they came in? You should NOT have to define which countries you wanted registered, but perhaps that’s something new?

5. 12/09/2017 at 10:29 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:
    There’s a lot to be said about
    Wanting to do it my way

6. 12/09/2017 at 10:30 pm

You captured the spirit perfectly. The repercussions are always there, and how one responds becomes the deciding factor. Thanks for joining in!

• 12/10/2017 at 7:04 pm

Thank you, Reena. It is how one responds. Conflicts can be turned into an opportunity.

7. 12/09/2017 at 10:36 pm

Another great selection that you’re sharing!

• 12/10/2017 at 7:07 pm

Thank you, KaylaAnn. You’re welcome to join Reena’s challenge.

8. 12/10/2017 at 4:39 am

Doing it my way and believing in it is such a positive attitude to have. Great response Eugenia.

9. 12/10/2017 at 6:05 am

Seeing you doing it your way – that’s what I love seeing.
    Ellington

• 12/10/2017 at 7:08 pm

I appreciate your comment. Thank you so much.

10. 12/10/2017 at 7:18 pm

You know, I was a teacher before retiring, and this was the greatest reward I could get, when a student found out his or her own way. Learning whatever skills you need, it is always your own way that does the trick. Not the way I did it but your way. This perhaps isn’t exactly what your poem is about, but it reminds me of those good moments.
    Ellington

11. 12/10/2017 at 7:47 pm

Thank you for your comment and it is exactly what I meant. I agree it is doing it our way that does the trick. Right or wrong, we learn from it.

12. 12/11/2017 at 7:02 am

Excellent poetry Eugenia and a positive one to get the week off to a good start.

13. 12/11/2017 at 4:29 pm

Attitude! It is great to find your way

14. 12/14/2017 at 9:04 pm

This poem painted storylines in my head. A lot said in simple words.

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

digital banega village

Starkite Poetry

Always Rising

eMAGINE

Blue Fences

The Daily Haley

Lover of life, constant dreamer, Pisces fish, believer, seeker, Beatlemaniac, bookworm, and a travel junkie

What if you knew your mind was about to be enslaved by psychopaths?

Would you take the ultimate gamble by crossing over to a parallel universe in search for a better life? If the answer is yes - read on.

The Bakwaas Blog

Just a bunch of nonsense, really