Tuesday Chatter Weekly

224932-Season-s-Greetings-Fire

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe, a great place to chat and smile. The coffee’s so strong you can stand a spoon up in it! So have a seat and enjoy the buzz!  Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here.

Tidbits and Pieces – The year 2009

In General

The financial crisis and recession continues, which is compared to The Great Depression on the 1930s; the H1N1 influenza strain (swine flu) is declared as a global pandemic; US Airways Flight 1549, piloted by Captain Chesley B. “Sully” Sullenberger, makes a successful crash landing in the Hudson River. The aircraft was struck by a flock of geese shortly after take off.

People

Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th US President.

Michael Jackson, King of Pop, dies and brings a worldwide outpouring of grief. He started his career in 1964 and was the lead singer of The Jackson Five. His personal life drew a lot of criticism due to the frequent changing of his appearance, skin color, and allegations of child sexual abuse. He was tried and acquitted of child sexual abuse in 2005.

Terry Pratchett, an English fantasy author was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. He sold more than 85 million books worldwide in 37 languages. Terry Pratchett, April 28, 1948, to March 12, 2015.

Tech

A solar eclipse, lasting up to 6 minutes and 38.8 seconds, is considered the longest in the 21st century. It spanned across parts of Asia and the Pacific Ocean;

Weather

300 fatalities due to 6.3 quake that struck near L’Aquila, Italy; 173 fatalities and 2000 homes destroyed due to bushfires in the Australian state of Victoria; 1000 fatalities near Padang, Sumatra, due to 7.6 quake.

Music and Culture

Rio de Janeiro is elected to host the 2016 Olympics

Something Extra

Word of the week: irreverent (adjective) showing a lack of respect for people or things that are generally taken seriously. synonyms: disrespectful, disdainful, scornful, contemptuous, derisive, disparaging

Words that rhyme: reverent, perseverant, unreverent, perseverant

Used in a sentence: A child should never speak to his parents in an irreverent voice.

Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017, is Gingerbread House Day. To celebrate, gather all the necessary supplies needed to make a gingerbread house and be creative. Make it a fun event for the entire family. And don’t forget to share photos of your beautiful creation.

220180-Gingerbread-House (1)

My photo collage is from our snow event on Dec. 9, 2017

newsEngin.17346911_012914_snow_BG3

Atlanta rush hour-Dec. 9, 2017-photo via The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Those that speak in an irreverent voice

Yes, they have a choice

But misshapen rambling is insensible

The charade has proven to be disrespectful

Mimes perform with insufficient expression

The curtain falls on the wrong impression

Gossips stares turn into scornful looks

Not a chapter meant for comic books

The hall of mirrors reflect different times

Perhaps a lesson for underpaid mimes

Disparaging words are so absurd

Word puzzle clues easily blurred

Time to put on the brakes

Reflection of yesteryears at stake

Don’t let bluebirds songs be deferred

Let living in harmony be the preferred

Let’s Meet & Greet one another at the Tuesday Chatter Cafe

C52

Buckets on a Barefoot Beach

power…poetry…prose…peace…love listens & rises again

Dinosaurs, Donkeys and MS

My Life: Teaching, Acting and Living with MS

A Better Man

A Better Man

Chef Kevin Ashton

Recipes, advice, reviews. travelogues & news

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

Be sure to visit ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry – ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1aEugenia

C34

Post navigation

11 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 12/11/2017 at 4:28 pm

Wow impressive snow Franci!

2. 12/11/2017 at 9:19 pm

Loved your rhyme…perfect reminder in these times! ❤ xo

3. 12/12/2017 at 8:12 am

Eugenia,

I stumbled upon you looking at the WP “The Daily Post” links and notice you have a free for all for randomizers such as myself and while I don’t have a pingback to your blog in today’s post, I did create a button associated with your site for others to find you. Hopefully, in the new year, I can incorporate your link into my Tuesday random posts. Whew, y’all sure got some white stuff! I’m just north of you in Knoxville, Tennessee. We got a light dusting on Friday night but it was gone by the following morning. It feels like winter came early on us but I betcha by Christmas it’ll warm up a bit. It always seems to do that. lol Oh well…have a blessed Christmas season and if you want to listen to some mewsic then bring your coffee along with you to check out what I’m sharing today. 🙂

• 12/12/2017 at 7:08 pm

Cathy, thank you so much for your comment. Yes, my blog is definitely a variety show. I am visiting your blog now and find we have a lot in common, especially coffee, music, and cats. How fun! I’ll add your blog link to my blog. Happy Holidays. 🎄

4. Davy D
    12/12/2017 at 9:49 am

Great snow pictures Eugenia. We have just had a taste of it here in the UK. Thanks for the memories of 2009. Enjoy retirement, although I think you’ve just moved into being a full time poet 🙂

• 12/12/2017 at 12:00 pm

Thank you, Davy. I like the idea of being a full-time poet. 😃 I think of my retirement as retiring from the corporate world but not everyday life. I like to stay busy and relevant.

• Davy D
        12/13/2017 at 2:11 am

I took the same decision in March this year Eugenia and decided to concentrate on the writing. I have never been busier. There is so much to be discovered away from work 🙂

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.