Thyself

320021-Beautiful-Winter-Day

Fanciful, whimsical and adorably shy

Yes, I’m a capricious sort with a watchful eye

I don’t portend to be a flawless self

I remember what I was told to myself

Methinks my wee self a joyous elf

in-other-words1

This week the event is to Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word elf. Please drop by and join the challenge Patricia’s Place

Please stop in and visit my other blog – ThusNSuch

Thus1

-Eugenia

26 comments for “Thyself

1. 12/13/2017 at 1:45 pm

L-fish, indeed; very finny, in fact!

2. 12/13/2017 at 4:05 pm

And are you elfishly mischievous? I like this approach you made, well done Eugenia.

3. 12/13/2017 at 6:36 pm

I’m imagining you as a wee green and red Elf, and smiling with plenty of Christmas cheer.

• 12/14/2017 at 10:01 am

Well, I am not too wee or too green but I am smiling with plenty of Christmas cheer. 🙂

4. 12/13/2017 at 6:49 pm

Delightful, Eugenia! 🙂 xo

5. 12/14/2017 at 7:38 am

What could be better at this time of year Eugenia? You will get first pick on all the pressies 🙂

6. 12/14/2017 at 11:14 am

Eugenia,

My aren’t you clever with words. I like the poem inspired by today’s prompt “Thyself” is purrrfect for the Christmas season and the image you put with it is pretty, too.

• 12/14/2017 at 3:41 pm

Thank you, Cathy. I am glad you liked it. 😃

7. 12/14/2017 at 4:02 pm

So very cute!

8. 12/14/2017 at 7:48 pm

How delightful. You are certainly a joyful elf 🙂

• 12/15/2017 at 10:08 am

Thank you, Jacqueline. I believe it’s better to be joyful than not. Smile lines are more attractive than frown lines. 🙂

9. 12/14/2017 at 10:09 pm

We need more wee joyous elves. Seems most are kinda cantankerous. Maybe it’s because this is their busy time of year. Thanks for sharing!

• 12/15/2017 at 10:12 am

Yes, some elves can be cranky. I looked up the definition of elf and not all are joyous. Some are quite mischievous and naughty.

10. 12/16/2017 at 10:54 am

Excellent.. Very clever, and very cute.. 🙂 and we are both sides of the coin, trying to balance our good side.. 🙂
    And love and mischievous elf.. 🙂

11. 12/17/2017 at 10:20 am

You are very good with words Eugenia! Love your blog I must say👌Will revisit😀✌️

• 12/17/2017 at 11:02 pm

Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

12. 12/19/2017 at 4:45 pm

Elves wear joy well. They work so very hard, though.
    “Alfred Avery”
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

digital banega village

Starkite Poetry

Always Rising

eMAGINE

Blue Fences

The Daily Haley

Lover of life, constant dreamer, Pisces fish, believer, seeker, Beatlemaniac, bookworm, and a travel junkie

What if you knew your mind was about to be enslaved by psychopaths?

Would you take the ultimate gamble by crossing over to a parallel universe in search for a better life? If the answer is yes - read on.

The Bakwaas Blog

Just a bunch of nonsense, really